To be honest I cannot recall. I only had one pair as I wasn't keen on them either.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 258post #3856 of 248768/10/11 at 7:25ampost #3857 of 248768/10/11 at 8:45ampost #3858 of 248768/10/11 at 9:18ampost #3859 of 248768/10/11 at 9:20ampost #3860 of 248768/10/11 at 9:48amQuote:
Me personally,went for other styles-Levi Cords(later) or just the Jeans for knocking about in.Going out semi smart,wore better Trousers.post #3861 of 248768/10/11 at 7:40pmpost #3862 of 248768/11/11 at 1:05ampost #3863 of 248768/11/11 at 4:55amQuote:
Regarding sta-prest it is hard to remember at this distance and with few remaining photos exactly what I wore on a day to day basis. Certainly Levis for casual wear with a turn-up as described by browniecj (mine were caught in a couple of additional places to stop them coming down!), cords at some point as well as tailored trousers in plain or dogtooth cloth.
There was certainly a sense in my area of wanting to dress just a little smarter / more formally – whatever the occasion. So on a bank holiday at Southend most skinheads would be dressed for action where I would be wearing M&S botany wool V neck over a BD or FP, dogtooth trousers (MTM or bespoke) and Royals.post #3864 of 248768/11/11 at 5:05amQuote:
It would have been nice to dress up for the seaside, but my g/f and I wanted to go into the funfair, so it had to be jeans.
This (a now well-known pic of me) is at Margate.post #3865 of 248768/11/11 at 7:31amIn the early Bank Holidays,it was certainly Jeans,Slipovers and Boots-with FPs(`69).Later we were going to the IOW(staying away from Brighton etc.),where we would dressed up and visit a Pub in Ryde.The Landlord would make us very welcome(sandwiches,the works).Certainly Mohair Trousers,Royals etc.Good days!!!post #3866 of 248768/11/11 at 7:50ampost #3867 of 248768/12/11 at 12:00amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
What seems funny now is that there are two Skinhead Dos(a year) on the IOW.Both in Ryde(Jim Cox doing one).Yet when we went there we never saw any others.That is why it was refreshing to go somewhere and no one had a negative Attitude.We took our Girlfriends and had a great time.
Jim Cox's last year at the Island this year. All 60's reggae, rocksteady and ska.
There's another half way up the hill, in a basement which is Reggae with a bit of soul mixed in.
Both good nights.
Will be at both this year (as usual).
You back again this year?post #3868 of 248768/12/11 at 12:53amQuote:
Could give it a try.Have not been back to Ryde since the 60s,could be interesting.I expect the Pub is long gone."Hole In The Wall" was a very apt name,because that is what it was(very small inside as well).post #3869 of 248768/13/11 at 9:14ampost #3870 of 248768/13/11 at 1:35pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1085 Active Users (108 Members and 977 Guests)
- › Mod to Suedehead 37 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 24 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 31 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 39 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 42 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway