or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 213

post #3181 of 24884
If you go on his Facebook,I think he mentions Troy and a couple of other Brands.Have you been to his Shop lately,Roy?
post #3182 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post
Just looking at that pic of Della reinforces the fact that girls in the revival (with honourable exceptions like our own Little Queenie) seem to get the style and attitude totally wrong.
I was going to say-not a "Feathercut" in sight.That is how I remember Girls.On a Mod Site there is a picture of Girls dancing in a line(I wish I could transfer it),same thing.
post #3183 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post
I think my first ever button-down shirt (apart from the Madras thing above) was a Sero, before I bought a Ben Sherman. It was light green. I'm wearing it in this shot:


Great Pic,
post #3184 of 24884
Their Attitude was the same as ours- Arrogant!
post #3185 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post
If you go on his Facebook,I think he mentions Troy and a couple of other Brands.Have you been to his Shop lately,Roy?

No Colin, the last time i was with you and i stayed in me Van.
post #3186 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post
No Colin, the last time i was with you and i stayed in me Van.
Ok Roy,I thought you had been around since.I remember that,John actually smiled at me-probably because I was not browsing in his Shop
post #3187 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post
Ok Roy,I thought you had been around since.I remember that,John actually smiled at me-probably because I was not browsing in his Shop

I do not know why people still go on about His shops, After 71 they all went down hill, I went back to the Ivy shop in 78 Got a Barracuta, and a couple of BDs, He no longer stocked Royals, I ended up buying a nice Pair of Alfred Sergent Brogues...from A J Martin, Maida Vale, London, Sadly closed down some months ago.
post #3188 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post
I was going to say-not a "Feathercut" in sight.That is how I remember Girls.On a Mod Site there is a picture of Girls dancing in a line(I wish I could transfer it),same thing.

This one perhaps?



Then again I think I may have misunderstood you Colin, as in you meant those revival mod girls got the style wrong, just like those modern day skinhead girls...
post #3189 of 24884
Della 68 and 70.
post #3190 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post
Della 68 and 70.




Brilliant face her mate's pulling!

.
post #3191 of 24884
More of Della,
post #3192 of 24884
post #3193 of 24884
What newspaper was that from, Alex?
post #3194 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Roest View Post
This one perhaps?



Then again I think I may have misunderstood you Colin, as in you meant those revival mod girls got the style wrong, just like those modern day skinhead girls...
Yes,I believe they have-ask any Mod who was about in `62/63.They have taken bits and just shoved them together.Little Queenie apart(and I am not just saying this,as I know Her)other present day Skinhead Girls/Women would have been ribbed merciless by other Girls-by their Appearance.Look at Dana to see what I mean.
post #3195 of 24884
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post
Yes,I believe they have-ask any Mod who was about in `62/63.They have taken bits and just shoved them together.Little Queenie apart(and I am not just saying this,as I know Her)other present day Skinhead Girls/Women would have been ribbed merciless by other Girls-by their Appearance.Look at Dana to see what I mean.
Whoops Della!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead