Jist asking', like? ;-)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1592post #23866 of 252137/23/16 at 2:27ampost #23867 of 252137/23/16 at 4:58ampost #23868 of 252137/23/16 at 6:05ampost #23869 of 252137/23/16 at 6:42amQuote:
Product codes inkjetted on like that are not really an 80s thing. More likely to be rubber stamped or foil embossed (googled edit: debossed!), if they appear at all.
Edited by covskin - 7/23/16 at 6:53ampost #23870 of 252137/23/16 at 6:45ampost #23871 of 252137/23/16 at 6:48amQuote:
So earlier or later? i thought they stopped making that style after a certain time. says made in england on the sole too.post #23872 of 252137/23/16 at 7:08am^ inkjet probably later than 80s. Anything more than a size, a 'Made in England' and maybe a model number and you are into batch numbers for tracing 'Quality Assurance' which is a very 90s thing.
(edit: looked inside my early 80s dm boots and they do have much more numbering than just a model number in there, but in silver foil, so I am half right!)
Edited by covskin - 7/24/16 at 1:50pmpost #23873 of 252137/23/16 at 7:10ampost #23874 of 252137/23/16 at 7:19amQuote:
That's a hard question, they are more safety boots then fashion boots, you just have to get lucky by searching on ebay for solovairs or hawkins.
And if they are 90s its no loss haha, they still look the part.post #23875 of 252137/23/16 at 7:25ampost #23876 of 252137/23/16 at 11:05amQuote:
Ed, I couldn't do that date (Mrs K's BD) but please go for it if the others are up for it.
This last meet-up was at least as much about Mod to Suedehead guys as The Look Goes On, so I should be more than happy to step aside if you wanted to 'organise' things. Basically, I just PM those that have been before / think might be interested and put a post here and on The Look Goes On.
The Metropolitan Bar at Baker Street station was suggested as a possible venue.
Cheerspost #23877 of 252137/24/16 at 10:45pmQuote:
TBH i don't know what these numbers mean. But i ran into a pair just like that in a country shop in England around 1983. Not sure it was deadstock, so the first number 1983 might be the production date indeed.post #23878 of 252137/25/16 at 2:02amQuote:
Interesting, so they could well be made before the 90s then, this will of certainly of been mentioned before but i don't think this style was unique to solovair either, Hawkins made the style and im pretty sure i saw some generic 1970s boot in the same style before too, ive seen some on the old ebay what were bright red which were not a pretty sight.
Has anyone come across a pair of these hawkins in recent years?post #23879 of 252137/28/16 at 1:49ampost #23880 of 252137/28/16 at 2:17amQuote:
We saw them on sale in the Levis retro shop off Carnaby Street last week.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › [ LOIT ] - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Tailor's Pattern Book, plus ephemera--formely owned by Paul... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...