Your a Time Traveler?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1551post #23252 of 245494/6/16 at 12:06pmpost #23253 of 245494/6/16 at 2:24pmpost #23254 of 245494/6/16 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gsvs5
Thinking about Flyfronted's question again and the Royals/Shaved crop question? I recall it was you who also said you had your short crop in Oct '69 just as the Coventry lads had done.That would be around six months after Flyfronted White City school mates had it done.
Regarding shoes….Preceeding any kind of Boots,the last shoes I recall were as I have discussed some time ago,RAF Surplus Parade Dress shoes from the Army and Navy.Known to us as "RAF Comos" to us.They were the first shoes with a substantial leather sole and took over from the sleeker "European Mod" styles that Ravel offered at the time and had been favored up to that point.
I have since learned that there were actual shoes branded and sold as COMO's ,popular in the North West,but we were oblivious to that at the time.Boots quickly followed and then Royals etc.after that,not before .
So I guess the timeline was different in London for that,possibly due to The Ivy having imports before Timpson put out theirs?
I read that the wingtips that the Ivy shop ( and sister shop in soho Squire ) sold were the same shoes that Timpson were exporting to the US market . Branding them 'Royals ' to make them seem posher / regal ( yanks love that shit ) and that once Timpson saw how many these london shops were selling decided to ship em out to their shops in the bigger cities outside the capital . I think this was in a old J Simons article .post #23255 of 245494/6/16 at 4:51pmpost #23256 of 245494/6/16 at 5:50pmpost #23257 of 245494/6/16 at 5:56pmpost #23258 of 245494/6/16 at 6:05pmpost #23259 of 245494/6/16 at 6:24pmpost #23260 of 245494/7/16 at 12:39ampost #23261 of 245494/7/16 at 1:10ampost #23262 of 245494/9/16 at 3:53ampost #23263 of 245494/9/16 at 10:24ampost #23264 of 245494/9/16 at 12:45pmpost #23265 of 245494/9/16 at 1:43pmQuote:
I've been seein' this Style on the High School Kids in my Ghetto.Makes me Smile when I see them.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 23 seconds ago
- › Shades of Grey - Help picking grey suit 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 14 minutes ago
- › Sleeve length 14 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Sleeve shortening with button holes 19 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...