Can't fault Loake on them gunboats. Solid and look great. I have a pair in burgundy and yeah you can see the seam on the inside of your feet but even next to a pair of Allen Edmonds or Florsheim they look as handsome.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1543post #23131 of 256873/16/16 at 3:41pmpost #23132 of 256873/17/16 at 1:49amQuote:
I'm after a pair of Royals in burgundy. My local shop is selling them for £160 so I may contact Strutton Ground and try to get them a bit cheaper. They are a good looking shoe.
Good find from TKMAXX On the boots TomMc666.post #23133 of 256873/17/16 at 7:02ampost #23134 of 256873/17/16 at 9:57amQuote:
I've got a pair in burgundy, nothing more to say on the Loake Royals subject, except that i think that TKmaxx's Florsheim Imperials for 80 quids (!) are a much better option. Personal preference of course.
On another subject, if i remember well Bob, you are interested in old FP catalogue.post #23135 of 256873/17/16 at 3:47pmQuote:
Can't find any Florsheim Imperial longwings on their website - only wingtips, oxford shoes, etc. Has it been a while since you saw them there?post #23136 of 256873/17/16 at 10:16pmQuote:
I did the same search. Florsheim longwings at £80 pair? I would buy a couple of pairs at that price!
Edited by Bob the Badger - 3/17/16 at 10:27pmpost #23137 of 256873/17/16 at 10:26pmpost #23138 of 256873/18/16 at 12:17am
TKmaxx is an interesting shop, always drop there when i'm in London. Of course, as said Tom, the sizes are always limited, but you can be lucky from time to time.
You can have a quick look in their shops, maybe there is one or two pairs of Florsheim left ?... Absolute bargain at that price.post #23139 of 256873/18/16 at 3:42am
Was told that they had florsheim imperial longwings on there but had gone when I looked, thats why I'd said they had florsheim imperials on there, including brogues http://www.tkmaxx.com/new-in-mens-shoes/black-brogue-derby-shoes/invt/27193264 Always worth having a look on there now and then
Quite tempted by the cerruti brogues, a bit of a more pointed toe but look nice.
Clouseau, fully agree can find some bargains in store amongst the dross, picked up joseph cheney tassled loafers at a bargain price. Another decent place is Costco, picked up quite a few pairs of loakespost #23140 of 256873/18/16 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by TomMc666
Bought a pair of Loake Royals from the Discount Shoe Shop, over the phone, for £130 and saved around £35. Good quality for the money.
Then today in TK Maxx, Loake L1 209 boots for £70, saved £65. On their website they have Florsheim imperials for £79.99 in limited sizes.
Wonder if these are the same Loake boots I keep seeing in certain branches of Debenhams?post #23141 of 256873/18/16 at 6:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by con man
[IMG ALT=""]Off subject bit, Does anyone else, other than me, remember a hair cut called a " Bog Brush" ( that's what I asked for at the barbers and this is the cut he did in the above photo ) Long at the sides and back and short and bristled up on top, ( kind of opposite to a short back and sides) Everyone I ask doesn't remember calling it that, ( or is it just me, losing my marbles as I get older ) And I can find no reference of it, The only similar thing I can find is David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust, though his hair was longer than mine
A few lads had that haircut at school around 1976 oop north. Pre punk. There was a confluence of a lot of styles going around at the time. A hangover from a slightly grown out suedehead cut which I heard named 'blackburn' (surely nowt to do with Tony?) but that wasn't an everyday term. Also a bit of Ziggy period Bowie which merged into the more grown out boot boy middle parting as mentioned above. I heard the term 'bog brush' but it wasn't an everyday term either. I had a short spike (still do!) for the first time in the late seventies and my Mam used to say it looked like a big brush.
As for flares, they went out the window for my set when punk found its way to Wearside. A shop in town sold drainpipe cords for 99p and a load of us jumped on that deal, and we quickly realized how crap we had looked with all that extra cloth flapping around our ankles and never looked back. It took a bit longer for some people to catch on but flares were dead by the end of the seventies.post #23142 of 256873/19/16 at 1:59amNow that you say it I definitely heard of a 'blackburn' haircut back then. Not sure there was any Bowie influence, nobody I knew could be said to be particularly into Bowie. More a Dave Hill from Slade influence I think, and who knows where he got that hairstyle from! Glam rock stuff like Slade or Sweet (or Gary Glitter!) were our thing 1973-75ish.
Edited by covskin - 3/19/16 at 3:02ampost #23143 of 256873/19/16 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by covskin
Now that you say it I definitely heard of a 'blackburn' haircut back then. Not sure there was any Bowie influence, nobody I knew could be said to be particularly into Bowie. More a Dave Hill from Slade influence I think, and who knows where he got that hairstyle from! Glam rock stuff like Slade or Sweet (or Gary Glitter!) were our thing 1973-75ish.
I was in the juniors in the early seventies and clearly remember saying my favourite bands were Slade, Sweet and Gary Glitter!
Got to see GG many times in college before ... well you know ... and he was brilliant, some of the best gigs I ever went to.
Saw Sweet around the same time, well it was Brian Connolly well into his Meths-nudging period and needing a lot of help from the young lads he'd drafted into the band to support his voice which was shot. Never got to see Slade.
I did a piece on Bowie on my blog when he died. For a lot of people my age we were too young to 'get' him when he first hit the big time but even as kids we loved the Ziggy period spikes barnet which was a clear anti-establishment statement years before punk.post #23144 of 256873/20/16 at 8:39ampost #23145 of 256873/20/16 at 11:15am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Look goes on... 53 seconds ago
- › Q/微497859892《美国加州大学戴维斯分校UCD/Davis毕... 2 minutes ago
- › Q/微497859892《美国加州大学圣塔芭芭拉分校UCSD毕... 4 minutes ago
- › Q/微497859892《美国UCSD毕 业证文凭》办理UCSD使馆认证教育部学历认证#学位证UCSD毕... 4 minutes ago
- › 《科廷科技大 学CURTIN毕 业证文 凭》(Q/微497859892办理澳洲科汀科技大... 6 minutes ago
- › 加拿大《蒙特埃里森大学MAU毕业证成绩单》Q/微497859892办理蒙特埃里森大学MAU教育部学历认证使馆认证学位证毕业证文凭... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › 《基尔大学毕业证成绩单》Q/微4《基尔大学毕业证成绩单》Q/微497859892办理基尔大学使馆认证教育部学历认证学位证毕业证文凭Ke... 8 minutes ago
- › 《悉尼科技大 学UTS毕 业证文 凭》(Q/微497859892办理澳洲悉尼科技大... 11 minutes ago
- › Pratesi Sheets? 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...