Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1520post #22787 of 245571/29/16 at 3:08ampost #22788 of 245571/29/16 at 4:58amThe trouble with photos of 'skinhead girls' from 1969/71 is how little they seem to have got into it - a bit of a hairstyle, maybe not even that, and clothing looking fairly mainstream. Not sure that this is subtlety, seems more like non-commitment to me. It is much easier to answer the question 'is she a skinhead girl' when looking at later photos.
Edited by covskin - 1/29/16 at 5:18ampost #22789 of 245571/29/16 at 5:09am...and what makes a hairstyle 'skinhead girl' and not a Twiggy or a Mary Quant?
I think what I am saying is it seems much more about 'fashion' and much less about 'style' on the girls' side of things, at least until the late 70s/early 80s continuation.
Edited by covskin - 1/29/16 at 5:57ampost #22790 of 245571/29/16 at 6:18ampost #22791 of 245571/29/16 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Gsvs5
My first suit ,I ordered the exact same fabric as a mate had made up.It was like a comedy show in the Tailors as half a dozen urchins stood round a bunch of swatch books giving advice and sartorial input.I knew my choices were right as they differed little to what the same shop had completed successfully for mates many times before.I remember it vividly.A right of passage if ever I had one?
My next MTM was a bit of a disaster however ….. everything was as I had ordered.The salesman even complemented me on my "Single Vision" and knowing exactly what I wanted.The problem was,I just didn't understand the subtleties of fabric weight and drape.I might as well have had a suit made out of brown paper bags …. Stiff and unforgiving would be an understatement !
I had a similar experience with a group of mates looking through endless swatch books in a high street tailors. Very easy to make a mistake on material choice. Apart from my Prince of Wales jacket I kept to the mohair fabrics. Yes it was a right of passage that unfortunately no longer happens.post #22792 of 245571/29/16 at 11:18am
Some distressing news.I went to my Bookmarks to listen to a Vid called"Skinhead Reggae Boss Sounds" Before I got to the vid a Page came up which said "Warning potentially offensive material ahead.Click here to continue" This vid Has absolutely nothing offensive.Shit is getting out of Hand.post #22793 of 245571/29/16 at 12:12pmpost #22794 of 245571/29/16 at 12:50pmpost #22795 of 245571/29/16 at 8:55pmQuote:
Sorry that sounds combative.Just want to know what you find offensive cause I see Two offenses evident. Youtube is now Qualifying words and what they represent.And the Truth of Skinheads is being buried by this type of censorship.Many more pics to come.post #22796 of 245571/29/16 at 9:08pmpost #22797 of 245571/29/16 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by covskin
The trouble with photos of 'skinhead girls' from 1969/71 is how little they seem to have got into it - a bit of a hairstyle, maybe not even that, and clothing looking fairly mainstream. Not sure that this is subtlety, seems more like non-commitment to me. It is much easier to answer the question 'is she a skinhead girl' when looking at later photos.
TBH, in our day a 'skinhead girl' was basically a girl who would date skinhead boys. A mini skirt would be essential, but the rest of the 'look' was bolt-on.post #22798 of 245571/29/16 at 11:36pmQuote:
Is it the good length, M-o-M ?
60s picture. I don't know the exact year (mid to late 60s probably?), but the boys have got 'the look'.post #22799 of 245571/30/16 at 2:11amQuote:
Generally girls' skirts were no shorter than that, maybe a little longer, and either tight-ish or kilt-shaped.
And just in case any girls of later generations are reading, NEVER denim.post #22800 of 245571/30/16 at 2:11am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 23 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...