I suppose you could say New Old Stock Is the same as Deadstock, New Old Stock is more of a modern term I would say, if you do look for such items it's helpful to know both terms.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:09 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1510post #22636 of 2456812/27/15 at 6:43ampost #22637 of 2456812/27/15 at 12:15pmpost #22638 of 2456812/27/15 at 12:46pmpost #22639 of 2456812/27/15 at 1:17pmQuote:
Think Aertex were a bit flatter and squarer weave weren't they - something like an absorbent kitchen paper towel. The polo I am thinking of was a loopier weave, a sort of knitted tie texture.
Think what I am grasping for is that Aertex was a weave whereas the Fred Perry polo shown above and the polo I remember* were a knit, is that it?
* another thing I forgot I had, I love reading this thread!
Edited by covskin - 12/27/15 at 1:56pmpost #22640 of 2456812/28/15 at 3:27am
In case you were wondering how the Moonstop came about...
According to sleeve notes from a best-of collection released by Trojan Records, The band’s relationship with President soured when their record ‘Mexican Moonlight’ was a hit in Germany, but the label neglected to tell them about it. As a result, the band decided to rename themselves so that they could record elsewhere without President Records knowledge. Organist Monty Neysmith came up with a plan: ‘I came up with the idea of turning Pyramids around and you leave out the ‘d’. So originally it was spelt Simaryp. I don’t know how it came to be spelt Symarip!’ So in 1969, safe in the knowledge that Presidnet Records would never unravel the secret of their true identity, Simaryp/Symarip prepared to record for their new label, Graeme Goodall’s Treasure Isle - whose chief label was ironically called Pyramid!
The band then recorded their first album as Symparip in 1970 and immediately became the face of "Skinhead Reggae" with songs like "Skinhead Girl", "Skinhead Jamboree" and "Skinhead Moonstomp", which is based on the Derrick Morgan song, "Moon Hop". According to Neysmith, the band noticed a new element coming to their live shows: Skinheads. ‘A lot of skinheads started coming to our shows, and Roy and I said, it would be good to write a song for skinheads. We remembered a song [‘I Thank You’ by Sam & Dave] where they said, ‘I want everybody to get on their feet, and this and that, and give me some of that old soul music’. I thought, let’s change the words and put, ‘I want all you skinheads to get on your feet, put your braces together and your boots on your feet, and give me some of that old moonstomping’.post #22641 of 2456812/29/15 at 3:53amQuote:
Must be an Americanism . I have seen unissued used for deadstock military items but I have only ever seen that nos used on here. .post #22642 of 2456812/30/15 at 7:03ampost #22643 of 2456812/30/15 at 8:48amQuote:
NOS always referred to auto parts in the lovely days before the internet. Now it seems to refer to anything and everything, haha.post #22644 of 2456812/30/15 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gsvs5
You are correct Covskin.I mentioned them in the above post.I only recall ever seeing them in a solid colour.
Thanks, good to pin down my memory of Aertex. In the link you mention Johnny collars, I could never think of a name for those v neck collars. Not seen them in years, maybe not even since 1978-ish when they were popular on jumpers (except maybe on football shirts).post #22645 of 245681/1/16 at 7:53ampost #22646 of 245681/1/16 at 8:30ampost #22647 of 245681/1/16 at 11:09ampost #22648 of 245681/1/16 at 10:10pmpost #22649 of 245681/2/16 at 2:17pmpost #22650 of 245681/2/16 at 5:35pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 6 minutes ago
- › US only , FS:Red wing Iron ranger 8.5 D fits 9 , Amber harness 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...