Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1504post #22546 of 2522412/12/15 at 2:58ampost #22547 of 2522412/12/15 at 6:15amQuote:
Looks like a 'kiss me quick' hat. Now where is the 'what the butler saw' machine...post #22548 of 2522412/12/15 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
Here's another pic we've had before*
Mods & Rockers. What really cracks me up is the 'audience'. I'm wondering whether this might be one of the photos 'staged' by a journo.
*Don't panic - I'm actually coming across this stuff as I'm transcribing stuff for 'the book'. Yes, really!
Two of my aunts were sitting in deckchairs drinking tea when it was all kicking off on Brighton beach in the famous Mods and Rockers mid sixties battle. They regarded the fraca as free entertainment. They had lived through the heavy Germany bombing of London docklands so for them the fighting was child's play. That generation were pretty tough and not much phased them. The photo does look staged though.post #22549 of 2522412/12/15 at 12:19pmQuote:
I'm a bit behind here, roytonboy but yes, indeed so. A mate I used to stand on the Kippax with was at the same school as Graham Gouldman. I seem to remember my mate telling me that Gouldman had written a hit song for The Yardbirds while still at school or just after he left. Not sure about the authenticity of that but quite a talent anyhow.
That was a good documentary ... and I still have my copy of The Boys in Blue.post #22550 of 2522412/13/15 at 3:16pmQuote:
Bloke on the end here seems to be rocking that look too..while the guy in the front in the white jacket looks like he is going for 'smallest lapels ever' award. Band is blues band The Poor Souls were regular performers in the Bristol area and pic is from 66:post #22551 of 2522412/13/15 at 9:33pmpost #22552 of 2522412/13/15 at 9:49pmpost #22553 of 2522412/13/15 at 10:04pmThis bloke from the Poor Souls...
... (wearing two kinds of check - argh!) I remember shirts like that. I saw mods wearing them in Blackpool in 1967, sometimes with the collar buttons undone and the collars over a crew-neck. I always had the impression they were by Van Heusen, but I might have been wrong.post #22554 of 2522412/13/15 at 10:38pmQuote:
Does the dwarf comes with the tie ?
Otherwise, if it's the chick, at 35 dolls i could be interested. For once.post #22555 of 2522412/14/15 at 12:55amQuote:
The 3 guys in the middle look a bit ordinary and would hardly get a second glance today , even the look of the "two checks" is something I often see being worn by other men who are easily in their 70's!post #22556 of 2522412/14/15 at 1:06amQuote:
It wouldn't be the last time that the Animals looked like 'rockers' as , l saw picture of them years ago posing on motorcycles. . I can't find the picture at the moment but someone else probably will . .post #22557 of 2522412/14/15 at 2:34ampost #22558 of 2522412/14/15 at 4:39amQuote:
Not bad at all DJ, very classical look.
Are they the white trimmed 6 eyelets DMs with the 'worn' look they recently re-made?
Too bad they didn't do them without the steel toe caps - and without the holes in the leather.
You won't have the pleasure to make holes yourself...post #22559 of 2522412/14/15 at 5:00ampost #22560 of 2522412/14/15 at 5:30amQuote:
And is that a Jump the Gun shirt I spy?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Petition to President Donald J. Trump - bring back US shoe... 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...