If I put my shades on, you can't see the bags under my two-peeholes-in-the-snow, and it takes 10 years off me!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1497post #22441 of 2487211/27/15 at 9:52pmpost #22442 of 2487211/28/15 at 3:19ampost #22443 of 2487211/28/15 at 3:24ampost #22444 of 2487211/28/15 at 6:34pmQuote:
Just realised how bunched-up the sleeves on my coat are. I look like I've just shoplifted a pair of concertinas.
I was the 'baby' of the bunch that day, but I still managed to look like Harry Worth hanging out with some young 'uns.post #22445 of 2487211/28/15 at 8:54pmpost #22446 of 2487211/29/15 at 2:37amHere are a few more pics, and I'm glad to say Inks has got his sleeves sorted out!
Mr Knightley and Clouseau (Good grief - he's even tall sitting down!)
Covskin and Inks listening in rapt attention to Mr K
Clouseau and browniecj
We sent 'the boys' round to sort out that John Simons bloke...
... 'the boys' being Aces&Eights, Clouseau. Inks, and Mr Knightley.post #22447 of 2487211/29/15 at 2:44ampost #22448 of 2487211/29/15 at 5:09ampost #22449 of 2487211/29/15 at 12:28pmpost #22450 of 2487211/29/15 at 5:54pmpost #22451 of 2487211/29/15 at 9:56pmpost #22452 of 2487211/30/15 at 1:46am
The Beatstalkers were a very popular band in Scotland at that time and almost caused a riot when they hosted a free concert in Glasgow's George Square . My Mate Larry , who was in a band called Colin and the Keymen , was a friend of big Davie (far left in the photo) . The Beatstalkers shared the same manager as a guy called Davie Jones (soon to become David Bowie) and the manager kept asking the band to cover his stuff but the band kept refusing because they wanted to play their own stuff. Bizarrely , if I remember correctly, the band broke up after the van with all their gear in it was stolen. .post #22453 of 2487211/30/15 at 1:49ampost #22454 of 2487211/30/15 at 1:58amI picked this up from Pete Heed's Facebook page - I'm sure he won't mind. Then again, I'm sure we've had this one before. Anyway. I've put some numbered comments on it. First off, however, Pete and his friends identified themselves as 'mods' throughout the skinhead era. The original on Facebook was captioned 'Southend 1968'. Some of the items worn seem 1969 IMO, but no matter.
Click to see a bigger version.
1. There are plenty of V-neck sweaters. A number of the blokes seem to have pulled on a v-neck without a shirt or a T underneath.
2. This is an interesting figure, with a style that appears very mainstream 'mod'. He seems to be wearing a light-coloured trucker jacket, and some kind of shirt with the collar done up to the neck and worn outside the neckline of a crew-neck. That idea - buttoned up and collar coming over the crewneck - is something I had seen in Northern mods in 1966/67. The shirt itself could well be a light-coloured version of a long-sleeve polo-type; I had one like that, with that distinctive collar, in 1968, though mine was dark blue. I saw a young mod with exactly the same shirt as mine (plus Levis, loafers, and a 'French crop') in Bromley in 1968.
3. A sheepskin in summer. Some people were prepared to sacrifice comfort for style!
4. Harrington. We started wearing them in S E London in late '68. It must have been after I made my second trip back up North, because I never went north in a Harrington.
5. One of the young women in this photo who looks emphatically non-skinhead (i.e. no feather-crop, etc.).
6. He appears to be wearing a striped button-down.
7. The shortest haircut in this picture. I think that's Pete Heed himself, but it's difficult to tell because he's pulling a face.
8. A girl with a 'Little Queenie' hairstyle. (Yes, she's wearing a bra and a towel - someone had just dumped her in the sea, and she was drying off.)post #22455 of 2487211/30/15 at 2:00amQuote:Originally Posted by The Saint
The Beatstalkers were a very popular band in Scotland at that time and almost caused a riot when they hosted a free concert in Glasgow's George Square . My Mate Larry , who was in a band called Colin and the Keymen , was a friend of big Davie (far left in the photo) . The Beatstalkers shared the same manager as a guy called Davie Jones (soon to become David Bowie) and the manager kept asking the band to cover his stuff but the band kept refusing because they wanted to play their own stuff. Bizarrely , if I remember correctly, the band broke up after the van with all their gear in it was stolen. .
Not a bad suit the bloke in the middle has.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › Belvest Overcoat 42/40 - Loro Piana 34 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 42 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 58 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 hour ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway