Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:43 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1237post #18541 of 199428/20/14 at 1:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18542 of 199428/20/14 at 9:18pmpost #18543 of 199428/20/14 at 9:20pmQuote:
Interesting ,that they were "Made in Gt.Britain".I know stuff gets made in every corner of the Globe these days,but I naievely assumed all Levis were produced in the USA back in the day.
Maybe that and the Tag will confirm the age?post #18544 of 199428/21/14 at 1:31ampost #18545 of 199428/21/14 at 3:33amQuote:
I've been wearing Levis for over 30yrs but only bought my first USA made pair about 4yrs ago . The quality was nowhere near as good as the ones that were made over here , back in the day(there used to be a big Levi factory in Scotland , for instance) . Of course , nowadays they are likely to be made somewhere like Turkey ,but the quality is still superior to those USA made numbers (they were 501's too and a great fit). .post #18546 of 199428/21/14 at 3:34amQuote:
Great picture , buttons. .
The guy in the middle , looks like a young Robbie Williams (no offence intended). .post #18547 of 199428/21/14 at 3:35ampost #18548 of 199428/21/14 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by The Saint
I've been wearing Levis for over 30yrs but only bought my first USA made pair about 4yrs ago . The quality was nowhere near as good as the ones that were made over here , back in the day(there used to be a big Levi factory in Scotland , for instance) . Of course , nowadays they are likely to be made somewhere like Turkey ,but the quality is still superior to those USA made numbers (they were 501's too and a great fit). .
Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .post #18549 of 199428/21/14 at 11:57amQuote:
Top Class the old Barathea jacket wore one to start secondary schoolpost #18550 of 199428/21/14 at 1:11pmpost #18551 of 199428/21/14 at 1:13pmpost #18552 of 199428/21/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .
Right . Maybe so. .
I can only relate to you my own personal experience of buying USA made Levis , in this country . To be fair , I've never bought Levis Stateside because when over there l was never able to get the size l wanted in the style l wanted. .post #18553 of 199428/21/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
I take great offence if you mean me in the blazer, I look fuck all like Robbie Williams !!
Im ruling out Buttons stood next to me, because you said 'young'.
Great weekend !post #18554 of 199428/21/14 at 3:05pmpost #18555 of 199428/21/14 at 3:33pmQuote:
Good picy , McDermott. .
You obviously have far more style than Robbie Williams but I reckon , in that picy you are trying not to look like him. .
Maybe its just the photo. Sharp blazer , mind. .
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 57 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 6 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › next blazer after the staples? 7 minutes ago
- › what do you guys consider big thighs? 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...