Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1237post #18541 of 235518/20/14 at 1:22pmpost #18542 of 235518/20/14 at 9:18pmpost #18543 of 235518/20/14 at 9:20pmQuote:
Interesting ,that they were "Made in Gt.Britain".I know stuff gets made in every corner of the Globe these days,but I naievely assumed all Levis were produced in the USA back in the day.
Maybe that and the Tag will confirm the age?post #18544 of 235518/21/14 at 1:31ampost #18545 of 235518/21/14 at 3:33amQuote:
I've been wearing Levis for over 30yrs but only bought my first USA made pair about 4yrs ago . The quality was nowhere near as good as the ones that were made over here , back in the day(there used to be a big Levi factory in Scotland , for instance) . Of course , nowadays they are likely to be made somewhere like Turkey ,but the quality is still superior to those USA made numbers (they were 501's too and a great fit). .post #18546 of 235518/21/14 at 3:34amQuote:
Great picture , buttons. .
The guy in the middle , looks like a young Robbie Williams (no offence intended). .post #18547 of 235518/21/14 at 3:35ampost #18548 of 235518/21/14 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by The Saint
I've been wearing Levis for over 30yrs but only bought my first USA made pair about 4yrs ago . The quality was nowhere near as good as the ones that were made over here , back in the day(there used to be a big Levi factory in Scotland , for instance) . Of course , nowadays they are likely to be made somewhere like Turkey ,but the quality is still superior to those USA made numbers (they were 501's too and a great fit). .
Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .post #18549 of 235518/21/14 at 11:57amQuote:
Top Class the old Barathea jacket wore one to start secondary schoolpost #18550 of 235518/21/14 at 1:11pmpost #18551 of 235518/21/14 at 1:13pmpost #18552 of 235518/21/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .
Right . Maybe so. .
I can only relate to you my own personal experience of buying USA made Levis , in this country . To be fair , I've never bought Levis Stateside because when over there l was never able to get the size l wanted in the style l wanted. .post #18553 of 235518/21/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
I take great offence if you mean me in the blazer, I look fuck all like Robbie Williams !!
Im ruling out Buttons stood next to me, because you said 'young'.
Great weekend !post #18554 of 235518/21/14 at 3:05pmpost #18555 of 235518/21/14 at 3:33pmQuote:
Good picy , McDermott. .
You obviously have far more style than Robbie Williams but I reckon , in that picy you are trying not to look like him. .
Maybe its just the photo. Sharp blazer , mind. .
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 19 minutes ago
- › Medium NWT LEVI'S VINTAGE CLOTHING 1940S REVERSIBLE LEATHER JACKET... 21 minutes ago
- › What is the Name of This Blazers Company? 22 minutes ago
- › DOES ANYONE RECOGNIT THIS SHOES (BRAND & MODEL) ? 30 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 45 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding