Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1237post #18541 of 217678/20/14 at 1:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18542 of 217678/20/14 at 9:18pmpost #18543 of 217678/20/14 at 9:20pmQuote:
Interesting ,that they were "Made in Gt.Britain".I know stuff gets made in every corner of the Globe these days,but I naievely assumed all Levis were produced in the USA back in the day.
Maybe that and the Tag will confirm the age?post #18544 of 217678/21/14 at 1:31ampost #18545 of 217678/21/14 at 3:33amQuote:
I've been wearing Levis for over 30yrs but only bought my first USA made pair about 4yrs ago . The quality was nowhere near as good as the ones that were made over here , back in the day(there used to be a big Levi factory in Scotland , for instance) . Of course , nowadays they are likely to be made somewhere like Turkey ,but the quality is still superior to those USA made numbers (they were 501's too and a great fit). .post #18546 of 217678/21/14 at 3:34amQuote:
Great picture , buttons. .
The guy in the middle , looks like a young Robbie Williams (no offence intended). .post #18547 of 217678/21/14 at 3:35ampost #18548 of 217678/21/14 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by The Saint
I've been wearing Levis for over 30yrs but only bought my first USA made pair about 4yrs ago . The quality was nowhere near as good as the ones that were made over here , back in the day(there used to be a big Levi factory in Scotland , for instance) . Of course , nowadays they are likely to be made somewhere like Turkey ,but the quality is still superior to those USA made numbers (they were 501's too and a great fit). .
Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .post #18549 of 217678/21/14 at 11:57amQuote:
Top Class the old Barathea jacket wore one to start secondary schoolpost #18550 of 217678/21/14 at 1:11pmpost #18551 of 217678/21/14 at 1:13pmpost #18552 of 217678/21/14 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .
Right . Maybe so. .
I can only relate to you my own personal experience of buying USA made Levis , in this country . To be fair , I've never bought Levis Stateside because when over there l was never able to get the size l wanted in the style l wanted. .post #18553 of 217678/21/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
I take great offence if you mean me in the blazer, I look fuck all like Robbie Williams !!
Im ruling out Buttons stood next to me, because you said 'young'.
Great weekend !post #18554 of 217678/21/14 at 3:05pmpost #18555 of 217678/21/14 at 3:33pmQuote:
Good picy , McDermott. .
You obviously have far more style than Robbie Williams but I reckon , in that picy you are trying not to look like him. .
Maybe its just the photo. Sharp blazer , mind. .
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015