Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1236post #18526 of 228908/17/14 at 2:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18527 of 228908/17/14 at 3:56ampost #18528 of 228908/17/14 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by riton23
is this tonic levis 60's, 70's or 80's ??
I saw them and got excited when I saw 37" on the tag. Then I realised it was the length. Who the hell has a 29" waist and 37" legs ?
No wonder they were left-over vintage stock. God, I wanted them so badly.post #18529 of 228908/18/14 at 8:56amQuote:
They might have been "irregular" hence them still kicking around. Perhaps the hem is unfinished , hence the length. You would certainly need to shorten them in most cases. .
I could get away with the 29" waist . .maybe. .post #18530 of 228908/18/14 at 3:40pmpost #18531 of 228908/18/14 at 5:51pmSlightly off-topic but relevant to some of the younger skinheads who may lurk on here:
Colin McQuillan of Belfast Oi! band RUNNIN' RIOT, died in his sleep last night while on tour in England. I'm lucky to have counted him a dear friend. "Gone too soon, forever young". Sleep well my brother.
Edited by Botolph - 8/18/14 at 6:06pmpost #18532 of 228908/19/14 at 1:22ampost #18533 of 228908/19/14 at 2:49amQuote:
I remember on holiday in Clacton in 1970 a few of us bought hats like that from a local shop but they were not worn after the hols. I had forgotten about it until now.post #18534 of 228908/19/14 at 7:46ampost #18535 of 228908/19/14 at 8:38ampost #18536 of 228908/19/14 at 8:41amQuote:
I remember trilby hats worn down the Ilford palais for about 3 weeks and then they were quickly dropped. I never managed to buy one myself
Edited by Bob the Badger - 8/19/14 at 9:14ampost #18537 of 228908/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Knightley
Gill Evans original mod with the new book 'Sawdust Caesars: Original Mod Voices'
Nice one , Buddie . She still looks the part anyway. .
I'll need to check that book out the next time I'm in a bookshop / Fopp. .post #18538 of 228908/19/14 at 1:52pmpost #18539 of 228908/19/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Haven't seen that bit yet Mr knightly but I reckon the "Look" has never really gone away since it first appeared . I work with a bunch of guys that are generally younger than I am apart from one whom is an original Mod' (he just turned 66) . Most of the guys don't know what to make of my clobber as they just don't understand what it is about, really . However , generally I do get compliments regarding my footwear or my shirts . Today it was a request as to wear I got my shirt. .post #18540 of 228908/20/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Bristol…….This was posted by Pressure Drop in Feb 2012
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Australian Members 49 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 9 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 15 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › WTB: Stephan Schneider Merino Coat (BLACK) - 4/5 15 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › WTB: Stephan Schneider Merino Coat (BLACK) - 4/5 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...