or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 1236

post #18526 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
 

The epitome of cool...................

...The smooth life...

post #18527 of 18909

is this tonic levis 60's, 70's or 80's ??

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-levis-two-tone-tonic-trousers-tagged-sta-prest-mod-northern-soul-/171417713696?pt=UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item27e94abc20

post #18528 of 18909

I saw them and got excited when I saw 37" on the tag. Then I realised it was the length. Who the hell has a 29" waist and 37" legs ?

No wonder they were left-over vintage stock. God, I wanted them so badly.

post #18529 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

I saw them and got excited when I saw 37" on the tag. Then I realised it was the length. Who the hell has a 29" waist and 37" legs ?

No wonder they were left-over vintage stock. God, I wanted them so badly.


They might have been "irregular" hence them still kicking around. Perhaps the hem is unfinished , hence the length. You would certainly need to shorten them in most cases. .

 

I could get away with the 29" waist . .maybe. .:)

post #18530 of 18909

post #18531 of 18909
Slightly off-topic but relevant to some of the younger skinheads who may lurk on here:
Colin McQuillan of Belfast Oi! band RUNNIN' RIOT, died in his sleep last night while on tour in England. I'm lucky to have counted him a dear friend. "Gone too soon, forever young". Sleep well my brother.
Edited by Botolph - 8/18/14 at 6:06pm
post #18532 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfronted View Post
 

Good picture , buddie. I don't actually remember youngsters wearing that hat back in the day but there you have the photographic evidence . Certainly , l remember the white trousers were very prevalent. .

post #18533 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
 

Good picture , buddie. I don't actually remember youngsters wearing that hat back in the day but there you have the photographic evidence . Certainly , l remember the white trousers were very prevalent. .

I remember on holiday in Clacton in 1970 a few of us bought hats like that from a local shop but they were not worn after the hols.  I had forgotten about it until now.

post #18534 of 18909

Gill Evans original mod with the new book 'Sawdust Caesars: Original Mod Voices'

 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=678171272260156&set=gm.555870264518749&type=1&theater

post #18535 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfronted View Post
 


The picture says East End Boys 1970 but what East End? They look like the younger brothers of the earlier 'skinheads'. A bit like my younger brother and his mates.Where was the photo taken? It captures the spirit of the times.

post #18536 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post
 

I remember on holiday in Clacton in 1970 a few of us bought hats like that from a local shop but they were not worn after the hols.  I had forgotten about it until now.


I remember trilby hats worn down the Ilford palais for about 3 weeks and then they were quickly dropped. I never managed to buy one myself


Edited by Bob the Badger - 8/19/14 at 9:14am
post #18537 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post

Gill Evans original mod with the new book 'Sawdust Caesars: Original Mod Voices'

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=678171272260156&set=gm.555870264518749&type=1&theater

Nice one , Buddie . She still looks the part anyway. .

I'll need to check that book out the next time I'm in a bookshop / Fopp. .
post #18538 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post

Nice one , Buddie . She still looks the part anyway. .

I'll need to check that book out the next time I'm in a bookshop / Fopp. .
Gill looks great at 70! Not sure if you have seen 'The Look goes on' here on SF but Gill features there. It's a thread about keeping the Look alive today.
post #18539 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post


Gill looks great at 70! Not sure if you have seen 'The Look goes on' here on SF but Gill features there. It's a thread about keeping the Look alive today.

 

Haven't seen that bit yet Mr knightly but I reckon the "Look" has never really gone away since it first appeared . I work with a bunch of guys that are generally younger than I am apart from one whom is an original Mod' (he just turned 66) . Most of the guys don't know what to make of my clobber as they just don't understand what it is about, really . However , generally I do get compliments regarding my footwear or my shirts . Today it was a request as to wear I got my shirt. .

post #18540 of 18909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Badger View Post
 


The picture says East End Boys 1970 but what East End? They look like the younger brothers of the earlier 'skinheads'. A bit like my younger brother and his mates.Where was the photo taken? It captures the spirit of the times.

 

Bristol…….This was posted by Pressure Drop in Feb 2012

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead