Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:43 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:12 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1236post #18526 of 213748/17/14 at 2:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18527 of 213748/17/14 at 3:56ampost #18528 of 213748/17/14 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by riton23
is this tonic levis 60's, 70's or 80's ??
I saw them and got excited when I saw 37" on the tag. Then I realised it was the length. Who the hell has a 29" waist and 37" legs ?
No wonder they were left-over vintage stock. God, I wanted them so badly.post #18529 of 213748/18/14 at 8:56amQuote:
They might have been "irregular" hence them still kicking around. Perhaps the hem is unfinished , hence the length. You would certainly need to shorten them in most cases. .
I could get away with the 29" waist . .maybe. .post #18530 of 213748/18/14 at 3:40pmpost #18531 of 213748/18/14 at 5:51pmSlightly off-topic but relevant to some of the younger skinheads who may lurk on here:
Colin McQuillan of Belfast Oi! band RUNNIN' RIOT, died in his sleep last night while on tour in England. I'm lucky to have counted him a dear friend. "Gone too soon, forever young". Sleep well my brother.
Edited by Botolph - 8/18/14 at 6:06pmpost #18532 of 213748/19/14 at 1:22ampost #18533 of 213748/19/14 at 2:49amQuote:
I remember on holiday in Clacton in 1970 a few of us bought hats like that from a local shop but they were not worn after the hols. I had forgotten about it until now.post #18534 of 213748/19/14 at 7:46ampost #18535 of 213748/19/14 at 8:38ampost #18536 of 213748/19/14 at 8:41amQuote:
I remember trilby hats worn down the Ilford palais for about 3 weeks and then they were quickly dropped. I never managed to buy one myself
Edited by Bob the Badger - 8/19/14 at 9:14ampost #18537 of 213748/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Knightley
Gill Evans original mod with the new book 'Sawdust Caesars: Original Mod Voices'
Nice one , Buddie . She still looks the part anyway. .
I'll need to check that book out the next time I'm in a bookshop / Fopp. .post #18538 of 213748/19/14 at 1:52pmpost #18539 of 213748/19/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Haven't seen that bit yet Mr knightly but I reckon the "Look" has never really gone away since it first appeared . I work with a bunch of guys that are generally younger than I am apart from one whom is an original Mod' (he just turned 66) . Most of the guys don't know what to make of my clobber as they just don't understand what it is about, really . However , generally I do get compliments regarding my footwear or my shirts . Today it was a request as to wear I got my shirt. .post #18540 of 213748/20/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Bristol…….This was posted by Pressure Drop in Feb 2012
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › SF Shoe Collections 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Horween Cigar Shell Cordovan Captoe Boots Commando Sole Grant... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › T5 is a dud. Arnie should just retire. 5 minutes ago
- › Snowman x SnowSmock Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...