I wonder if the Inspector was thinking late 60s v late 70s? The t shirt under a BD was indeed uncommon in the late 60s being one of those Ivy trends that skinheads did not buy into. However, I have to agree with Buttons that it looks very much like 1969, especially the cut (would have been slimmer by 1979) and the hairstyle (with sideboards / burns), particularly pointing to that conclusion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:14 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1229post #18421 of 197567/17/14 at 8:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18422 of 197567/17/14 at 10:20amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
Good to see you back Buttons,and for your expert opinion on-er Buttons......
Are you at the "Sound and Pressure"/"Scorcher" Weekender in Nottingham,this weekend.If so I will see you at the Bar-for a couple or more .....
Still a bit life in these old shoes(sounds like a good record title ).
I certainly am, mate. See you at the bar AND on the dance floor.post #18423 of 197567/17/14 at 10:23am
@ Mr.K. I was thinking late 60s, but quite surprised by the Ivy style T-shirt under a BD, as several Originals here said it was something they never done. And i'm careful now with black and white pictures that can be tricky to date. Btw i'm surprised if this pic wasn't post before. Have good fun in Nottingham gentlemen !post #18424 of 197567/17/14 at 4:47pmpost #18425 of 197567/17/14 at 11:02pmpost #18426 of 197567/17/14 at 11:15pmQuote:
Clouseau,I am pretty sure that pictures been on here before,its a Manchester utd fan being arrested at Derby county,theres a couple of other pictures of him lashing out a people in the crowd. Razor partings have been in and out of fashion over the years,I think it depends on hair length,if its too short you cant brush a parting in.post #18427 of 197567/18/14 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
For those who (still) believe in buying British here's a fairly comprehensive list.
Not sure if the entire lot can be relied upon, what with the number of far-east exports the rest of the world has taken to its bosom, but you have to start somewhere.
That list reminded me of a strange shirt I saw today a Baracuta made by Van Heusen in Hong Kong but it was definitely vintage It was rather stained so I passed on it but I probably should have got it as it was only a dollar ever saw such a variation?post #18428 of 197567/19/14 at 11:42ampost #18429 of 197567/19/14 at 1:50pm
Some vintage Sears and Roebuck gear currently for sale on US ebay. Some NOS, some hardly-worn, some right manky and in need of a damn good scrub. Here's a few samples in the $25 and under. (Us UK residents don't pay any import duty on anything under $25.60/£15)
Oh, and a very camp advert from the mid-60s
Guys from the 1960s staring up at a yew tree. Now it's the other way round.
Edited by Inks - 7/19/14 at 2:23pmpost #18430 of 197567/21/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
@ Mr.K. I was thinking late 60s, but quite surprised by the Ivy style T-shirt under a BD, as several Originals here said it was something they never done. And i'm careful now with black and white pictures that can be tricky to date. Btw i'm surprised if this pic wasn't post before. Have good fun in Nottingham gentlemen !
Certainly had a good dance,Clouseau at Nottingham.A good turn out-though personally I liked the Margate Venue(because it being underground and seedy ).The only downside was,I had a dodgy turn and had to leave early Saturday evening.I was enjoying Sugar Merchant`s Spot.Good to see some of the Boys from here.post #18431 of 197567/21/14 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
Certainly had a good dance,Clouseau at Nottingham.A good turn out-though personally I liked the Margate Venue(because it being underground and seedy ).The only downside was,I had a dodgy turn and had to leave early Saturday evening.I was enjoying Sugar Merchant`s Spot.Good to see some of the Boys from here.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures !post #18432 of 197567/25/14 at 9:19ampost #18433 of 197567/25/14 at 5:32pmQuote:
Interesting for the insight to Ian Levine,apart from that all was pretty much a rehash of previous material it seemed.Was that Long John Baldry outside the Wheel BTW ?
Agree with Levines comments regarding the scene and how it should continue with sharp, young blood and not old farts like myself.post #18434 of 197567/27/14 at 4:01am
Found a bloke on facebook by absolute chance, thought he was someone else, we have a mutal friend in common but when I clicked on his profile was suprised to see a load of really good photos from 68-70. Ive invited him on here to maybe talk about them or share his experience of the era but we'll see. Big Thanks to him for emailing these to me and letting me share them - I think weve had one or two before but I certainly havent seen them all.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Duwamish Wool Bomber - Small - NWOT 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...