I wonder if the Inspector was thinking late 60s v late 70s? The t shirt under a BD was indeed uncommon in the late 60s being one of those Ivy trends that skinheads did not buy into. However, I have to agree with Buttons that it looks very much like 1969, especially the cut (would have been slimmer by 1979) and the hairstyle (with sideboards / burns), particularly pointing to that conclusion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:20 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1229post #18421 of 213827/17/14 at 8:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18422 of 213827/17/14 at 10:20amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
Good to see you back Buttons,and for your expert opinion on-er Buttons......
Are you at the "Sound and Pressure"/"Scorcher" Weekender in Nottingham,this weekend.If so I will see you at the Bar-for a couple or more .....
Still a bit life in these old shoes(sounds like a good record title ).
I certainly am, mate. See you at the bar AND on the dance floor.post #18423 of 213827/17/14 at 10:23am
@ Mr.K. I was thinking late 60s, but quite surprised by the Ivy style T-shirt under a BD, as several Originals here said it was something they never done. And i'm careful now with black and white pictures that can be tricky to date. Btw i'm surprised if this pic wasn't post before. Have good fun in Nottingham gentlemen !post #18424 of 213827/17/14 at 4:47pmpost #18425 of 213827/17/14 at 11:02pmpost #18426 of 213827/17/14 at 11:15pmQuote:
Clouseau,I am pretty sure that pictures been on here before,its a Manchester utd fan being arrested at Derby county,theres a couple of other pictures of him lashing out a people in the crowd. Razor partings have been in and out of fashion over the years,I think it depends on hair length,if its too short you cant brush a parting in.post #18427 of 213827/18/14 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
For those who (still) believe in buying British here's a fairly comprehensive list.
Not sure if the entire lot can be relied upon, what with the number of far-east exports the rest of the world has taken to its bosom, but you have to start somewhere.
That list reminded me of a strange shirt I saw today a Baracuta made by Van Heusen in Hong Kong but it was definitely vintage It was rather stained so I passed on it but I probably should have got it as it was only a dollar ever saw such a variation?post #18428 of 213827/19/14 at 11:42ampost #18429 of 213827/19/14 at 1:50pm
Some vintage Sears and Roebuck gear currently for sale on US ebay. Some NOS, some hardly-worn, some right manky and in need of a damn good scrub. Here's a few samples in the $25 and under. (Us UK residents don't pay any import duty on anything under $25.60/£15)
Oh, and a very camp advert from the mid-60s
Guys from the 1960s staring up at a yew tree. Now it's the other way round.
Edited by Inks - 7/19/14 at 2:23pmpost #18430 of 213827/21/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
@ Mr.K. I was thinking late 60s, but quite surprised by the Ivy style T-shirt under a BD, as several Originals here said it was something they never done. And i'm careful now with black and white pictures that can be tricky to date. Btw i'm surprised if this pic wasn't post before. Have good fun in Nottingham gentlemen !
Certainly had a good dance,Clouseau at Nottingham.A good turn out-though personally I liked the Margate Venue(because it being underground and seedy ).The only downside was,I had a dodgy turn and had to leave early Saturday evening.I was enjoying Sugar Merchant`s Spot.Good to see some of the Boys from here.post #18431 of 213827/21/14 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
Certainly had a good dance,Clouseau at Nottingham.A good turn out-though personally I liked the Margate Venue(because it being underground and seedy ).The only downside was,I had a dodgy turn and had to leave early Saturday evening.I was enjoying Sugar Merchant`s Spot.Good to see some of the Boys from here.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures !post #18432 of 213827/25/14 at 9:19ampost #18433 of 213827/25/14 at 5:32pmQuote:
Interesting for the insight to Ian Levine,apart from that all was pretty much a rehash of previous material it seemed.Was that Long John Baldry outside the Wheel BTW ?
Agree with Levines comments regarding the scene and how it should continue with sharp, young blood and not old farts like myself.post #18434 of 213827/27/14 at 4:01am
Found a bloke on facebook by absolute chance, thought he was someone else, we have a mutal friend in common but when I clicked on his profile was suprised to see a load of really good photos from 68-70. Ive invited him on here to maybe talk about them or share his experience of the era but we'll see. Big Thanks to him for emailing these to me and letting me share them - I think weve had one or two before but I certainly havent seen them all.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › B.Nelson does a great job 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 36 minutes ago
- › 5'4" Suit Length 37 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...