I wonder if the Inspector was thinking late 60s v late 70s? The t shirt under a BD was indeed uncommon in the late 60s being one of those Ivy trends that skinheads did not buy into. However, I have to agree with Buttons that it looks very much like 1969, especially the cut (would have been slimmer by 1979) and the hairstyle (with sideboards / burns), particularly pointing to that conclusion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1229post #18421 of 229307/17/14 at 8:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18422 of 229307/17/14 at 10:20amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
Good to see you back Buttons,and for your expert opinion on-er Buttons......
Are you at the "Sound and Pressure"/"Scorcher" Weekender in Nottingham,this weekend.If so I will see you at the Bar-for a couple or more .....
Still a bit life in these old shoes(sounds like a good record title ).
I certainly am, mate. See you at the bar AND on the dance floor.post #18423 of 229307/17/14 at 10:23am
@ Mr.K. I was thinking late 60s, but quite surprised by the Ivy style T-shirt under a BD, as several Originals here said it was something they never done. And i'm careful now with black and white pictures that can be tricky to date. Btw i'm surprised if this pic wasn't post before. Have good fun in Nottingham gentlemen !post #18424 of 229307/17/14 at 4:47pmpost #18425 of 229307/17/14 at 11:02pmpost #18426 of 229307/17/14 at 11:15pmQuote:
Clouseau,I am pretty sure that pictures been on here before,its a Manchester utd fan being arrested at Derby county,theres a couple of other pictures of him lashing out a people in the crowd. Razor partings have been in and out of fashion over the years,I think it depends on hair length,if its too short you cant brush a parting in.post #18427 of 229307/18/14 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
For those who (still) believe in buying British here's a fairly comprehensive list.
Not sure if the entire lot can be relied upon, what with the number of far-east exports the rest of the world has taken to its bosom, but you have to start somewhere.
That list reminded me of a strange shirt I saw today a Baracuta made by Van Heusen in Hong Kong but it was definitely vintage It was rather stained so I passed on it but I probably should have got it as it was only a dollar ever saw such a variation?post #18428 of 229307/19/14 at 11:42ampost #18429 of 229307/19/14 at 1:50pm
Some vintage Sears and Roebuck gear currently for sale on US ebay. Some NOS, some hardly-worn, some right manky and in need of a damn good scrub. Here's a few samples in the $25 and under. (Us UK residents don't pay any import duty on anything under $25.60/£15)
Oh, and a very camp advert from the mid-60s
Guys from the 1960s staring up at a yew tree. Now it's the other way round.
Edited by Inks - 7/19/14 at 2:23pmpost #18430 of 229307/21/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
@ Mr.K. I was thinking late 60s, but quite surprised by the Ivy style T-shirt under a BD, as several Originals here said it was something they never done. And i'm careful now with black and white pictures that can be tricky to date. Btw i'm surprised if this pic wasn't post before. Have good fun in Nottingham gentlemen !
Certainly had a good dance,Clouseau at Nottingham.A good turn out-though personally I liked the Margate Venue(because it being underground and seedy ).The only downside was,I had a dodgy turn and had to leave early Saturday evening.I was enjoying Sugar Merchant`s Spot.Good to see some of the Boys from here.post #18431 of 229307/21/14 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
Certainly had a good dance,Clouseau at Nottingham.A good turn out-though personally I liked the Margate Venue(because it being underground and seedy ).The only downside was,I had a dodgy turn and had to leave early Saturday evening.I was enjoying Sugar Merchant`s Spot.Good to see some of the Boys from here.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures !post #18432 of 229307/25/14 at 9:19ampost #18433 of 229307/25/14 at 5:32pmQuote:
Interesting for the insight to Ian Levine,apart from that all was pretty much a rehash of previous material it seemed.Was that Long John Baldry outside the Wheel BTW ?
Agree with Levines comments regarding the scene and how it should continue with sharp, young blood and not old farts like myself.post #18434 of 229307/27/14 at 4:01am
Found a bloke on facebook by absolute chance, thought he was someone else, we have a mutal friend in common but when I clicked on his profile was suprised to see a load of really good photos from 68-70. Ive invited him on here to maybe talk about them or share his experience of the era but we'll see. Big Thanks to him for emailing these to me and letting me share them - I think weve had one or two before but I certainly havent seen them all.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 14 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 17 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...