Boys Republic School,Chino Hills, CA,1963
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1211post #18152 of 243096/1/14 at 1:46ampost #18153 of 243096/1/14 at 2:40pmpost #18154 of 243096/1/14 at 9:25pmpost #18155 of 243096/2/14 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
"By this time we had discovered American jeans – not only red label Levis, but Lee Riders [narrower leg] and another make called Cowboy Kings. These you could find down the Lane [Petticoat Lane street markets], mostly on Sundays, but some places were open in the week too. (...) I had a pair of Levis, and a pair of Cowboy Kings. These were all ‘shrink to fit’, so you got them a couple of sizes bigger than you normally wore."
Very much looks like a Wrangler Cowboy Cut clone or like the cheaper Rustler boot cut also by wrangler but i believe they were their own company at one time.post #18156 of 243096/3/14 at 2:23ampost #18157 of 243096/3/14 at 2:30am
From facebook - Gill and Del Evans, Birmingham mods:
Note the description of Del's suit.post #18158 of 243096/3/14 at 4:33am
What about the classic movies The Warriors and The Outsiders, The Outsiders sort of outlines the darker side of those who wear the Ivy look that yankmod and I know all too well of the rich snobs and the jocks, have you guys ever had run-in's with outlaw motorcycle gangs and other street gangs when you were skinheads, I witnessed some just the other night when at a friends birthday show at a bar in a somewhat shady part of town, one of the few places in town that books the kinds of live music i want to see, was a group of bikers horsing around and they eventually took off low and behold this small lone Hells Angels member pulls in I have it in my mind he was sent to get beat up by this other gang so the Hells Angels had an excuse to destroy or absorb this club.post #18159 of 243096/3/14 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
What about the classic movies The Warriors and The Outsiders, The Outsiders sort of outlines the darker side of those who wear the Ivy look that yankmod and I know all too well of the rich snobs and the jocks, have you guys ever had run-in's with outlaw motorcycle gangs and other street gangs when you were skinheads, I witnessed some just the other night when at a friends birthday show at a bar in a somewhat shady part of town, one of the few places in town that books the kinds of live music i want to see, was a group of bikers horsing around and they eventually took off low and behold this small lone Hells Angels member pulls in I have it in my mind he was sent to get beat up by this other gang so the Hells Angels had an excuse to destroy or absorb this club.
Have written before about the battle we had,with the Windsor Chapter-over 2 weekends.They did not come back........post #18160 of 243096/3/14 at 7:11ampost #18161 of 243096/3/14 at 7:17am
Part of the recollections of Bill, a London schoolboy aged 11 in 1970, are (somehow) interesting, even if there is nothing really new, and some things to take with a pinch of salt (and a few mistakes, for example when he speaks of 22 eyelets DM i think he means 11 eyelets Astros). But it's funny to see "the Look" adapted for school by a "little brother".
The evocation of the basic combination that will never be out of fashion of white t-shirt and jeans (from 50s M.Brando & J.Dean to contemporary normcore), described as early skinhead style (with boots, braces, & crop) is not often mentioned (it appears on the first drawing of the (in)famous fashion notebook though), as the Ben sherman's socks fad...
Edited by Clouseau - 6/3/14 at 10:02ampost #18162 of 243096/4/14 at 6:21am
I thought this guy's playlists would be of interest.post #18163 of 243096/4/14 at 7:04amQuote:
Here you are Sirryacus:-
It was a Sunday night,the Plaza-Guildford was filling up(so it must have been about 9/9:30pm).There were People milling about outside waiting to come in.We were inside getting ourselves positioned in our favourite corner-always on the front, right as you looked at the Stage.The "A"Train Disco was warming up.There had been no "Aggro" lately so everybody was chatting to each other,even the Doormen were walking around talking.This all came to an abrupt end when someone ran in and said that Hells Angels had ridden by and had lobbed some Bottles at the door of the Club.Next minute a Girl was brought in with blood all down her leg.Everybody then started towards the doors(including the Doormen).
In those days you could do a circuit of Guildford City Centre and come round again-in front of the Plaza.This is what the Angels did,unfortunately we were outside waiting in a Building Site-I think this is now Bedford Road Multi Storey.They lobbed a few more Bottles then rode on,straight into a hail of Bricks,lumps of Concrete,small Scaffolding Poles the works.Some of the Angels had Dustbin Lids for Shields,so we aimed for the ones in front(or the front wheels with longer Poles).Two of the Bikes went over,they were then set upon bigtime.They ended up in Hospital.The others roared off towards the Shops.Reinforcements(for us) arrived with the older boys coming from the Cannon Pub.Car loads of Skinheads were now driving around trying to find the Angels.Some Bikes were found outside a Pub,these were pushed over and one was set alight.The Pub was attacked.The Youth Centre was attacked(this was where the Greasers normally went to)and windows broken etc.The only problem was the Greasers did not know the Angels were coming over.We found out-by their "Colours"- that they were the Windsor Chapter.Sporadic fighting took place the rest of the night
The next weekend they came again on a Saturday.They rode about Guildford attacking small groups of Skinheads(mainly the younger ones).The older boys caught up with them again and the Old Bill had their hands full with fights etc.More were put in Hospital.It was this second weekend that my Mate saved me, from having a length of chain wrapped around my head.He pushed me out of the way and then dived over a small brick wall.The two Angels rode off.We never saw the Windsor Chapter in Guildford again.post #18164 of 243096/4/14 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
I thought this guy's playlists would be of interest.
Excellent Playlists.post #18165 of 243096/4/14 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
I thought this guy's playlists would be of interest.
Patching a few holes on my iTunes playlist.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 38 seconds ago
- › Are dress shoes designed to be worn with insoles? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › "Books That Will Make Me Smarter" 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...