Boys Republic School,Chino Hills, CA,1963
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1211
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18152 of 201756/1/14 at 1:46ampost #18153 of 201756/1/14 at 2:40pmpost #18154 of 201756/1/14 at 9:25pmpost #18155 of 201756/2/14 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
"By this time we had discovered American jeans – not only red label Levis, but Lee Riders [narrower leg] and another make called Cowboy Kings. These you could find down the Lane [Petticoat Lane street markets], mostly on Sundays, but some places were open in the week too. (...) I had a pair of Levis, and a pair of Cowboy Kings. These were all ‘shrink to fit’, so you got them a couple of sizes bigger than you normally wore."
Very much looks like a Wrangler Cowboy Cut clone or like the cheaper Rustler boot cut also by wrangler but i believe they were their own company at one time.post #18156 of 201756/3/14 at 2:23ampost #18157 of 201756/3/14 at 2:30am
From facebook - Gill and Del Evans, Birmingham mods:
Note the description of Del's suit.post #18158 of 201756/3/14 at 4:33am
What about the classic movies The Warriors and The Outsiders, The Outsiders sort of outlines the darker side of those who wear the Ivy look that yankmod and I know all too well of the rich snobs and the jocks, have you guys ever had run-in's with outlaw motorcycle gangs and other street gangs when you were skinheads, I witnessed some just the other night when at a friends birthday show at a bar in a somewhat shady part of town, one of the few places in town that books the kinds of live music i want to see, was a group of bikers horsing around and they eventually took off low and behold this small lone Hells Angels member pulls in I have it in my mind he was sent to get beat up by this other gang so the Hells Angels had an excuse to destroy or absorb this club.post #18159 of 201756/3/14 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
What about the classic movies The Warriors and The Outsiders, The Outsiders sort of outlines the darker side of those who wear the Ivy look that yankmod and I know all too well of the rich snobs and the jocks, have you guys ever had run-in's with outlaw motorcycle gangs and other street gangs when you were skinheads, I witnessed some just the other night when at a friends birthday show at a bar in a somewhat shady part of town, one of the few places in town that books the kinds of live music i want to see, was a group of bikers horsing around and they eventually took off low and behold this small lone Hells Angels member pulls in I have it in my mind he was sent to get beat up by this other gang so the Hells Angels had an excuse to destroy or absorb this club.
Have written before about the battle we had,with the Windsor Chapter-over 2 weekends.They did not come back........post #18160 of 201756/3/14 at 7:11ampost #18161 of 201756/3/14 at 7:17am
Part of the recollections of Bill, a London schoolboy aged 11 in 1970, are (somehow) interesting, even if there is nothing really new, and some things to take with a pinch of salt (and a few mistakes, for example when he speaks of 22 eyelets DM i think he means 11 eyelets Astros). But it's funny to see "the Look" adapted for school by a "little brother".
The evocation of the basic combination that will never be out of fashion of white t-shirt and jeans (from 50s M.Brando & J.Dean to contemporary normcore), described as early skinhead style (with boots, braces, & crop) is not often mentioned (it appears on the first drawing of the (in)famous fashion notebook though), as the Ben sherman's socks fad...
Edited by Clouseau - 6/3/14 at 10:02ampost #18162 of 201756/4/14 at 6:21am
I thought this guy's playlists would be of interest.post #18163 of 201756/4/14 at 7:04amQuote:
Here you are Sirryacus:-
It was a Sunday night,the Plaza-Guildford was filling up(so it must have been about 9/9:30pm).There were People milling about outside waiting to come in.We were inside getting ourselves positioned in our favourite corner-always on the front, right as you looked at the Stage.The "A"Train Disco was warming up.There had been no "Aggro" lately so everybody was chatting to each other,even the Doormen were walking around talking.This all came to an abrupt end when someone ran in and said that Hells Angels had ridden by and had lobbed some Bottles at the door of the Club.Next minute a Girl was brought in with blood all down her leg.Everybody then started towards the doors(including the Doormen).
In those days you could do a circuit of Guildford City Centre and come round again-in front of the Plaza.This is what the Angels did,unfortunately we were outside waiting in a Building Site-I think this is now Bedford Road Multi Storey.They lobbed a few more Bottles then rode on,straight into a hail of Bricks,lumps of Concrete,small Scaffolding Poles the works.Some of the Angels had Dustbin Lids for Shields,so we aimed for the ones in front(or the front wheels with longer Poles).Two of the Bikes went over,they were then set upon bigtime.They ended up in Hospital.The others roared off towards the Shops.Reinforcements(for us) arrived with the older boys coming from the Cannon Pub.Car loads of Skinheads were now driving around trying to find the Angels.Some Bikes were found outside a Pub,these were pushed over and one was set alight.The Pub was attacked.The Youth Centre was attacked(this was where the Greasers normally went to)and windows broken etc.The only problem was the Greasers did not know the Angels were coming over.We found out-by their "Colours"- that they were the Windsor Chapter.Sporadic fighting took place the rest of the night
The next weekend they came again on a Saturday.They rode about Guildford attacking small groups of Skinheads(mainly the younger ones).The older boys caught up with them again and the Old Bill had their hands full with fights etc.More were put in Hospital.It was this second weekend that my Mate saved me, from having a length of chain wrapped around my head.He pushed me out of the way and then dived over a small brick wall.The two Angels rode off.We never saw the Windsor Chapter in Guildford again.post #18164 of 201756/4/14 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
I thought this guy's playlists would be of interest.
Excellent Playlists.post #18165 of 201756/4/14 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
I thought this guy's playlists would be of interest.
Patching a few holes on my iTunes playlist.
- Mod to Suedehead
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 44 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › White linen shorts 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Heritage Beckman Boots Moc Toe 10.5D/11D 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...