To be fair he was traditionally known for wearing a classic navy blue suit or a pinstriped suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1165post #17461 of 199373/27/14 at 10:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17462 of 199373/27/14 at 11:53ampost #17463 of 199373/27/14 at 3:48pmpost #17464 of 199373/28/14 at 12:12amQuote:
I bought xxl and was pleasantly surprised that they were a generous cut. No rear pleat but I was not looking to replicate a Ben Sherman - these are ok and for £13 they are good value.post #17465 of 199373/28/14 at 5:13ampost #17466 of 199373/28/14 at 11:19ampost #17467 of 199373/28/14 at 5:03pmpost #17468 of 199373/29/14 at 12:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
The pic below is of a young man called Julian Bond. It dates from 1963, and comes from this post at garmsville.com. Worth a read, it's about the semiotics (verbal, visual, cultural 'codes') of Ivy League, and relevant to this thread in its conclusions.
'' The American 'Ivy League' style of dress fascinates.............. It was the style of dress which kick started Skinhead in London.''
Hmmm - I've got some reservations about this statement......post #17469 of 199373/29/14 at 1:03ampost #17470 of 199373/29/14 at 1:58amQuote:
roytonboy.A lot has been said on this thread about the Ivy league influence on style here in Britain,astronauts and Motown artists have been mentioned too along with films and tv programmes so there was an influence from America at the time.
Vietnam was on the news all the time and it wasn't just the military that were on tv,White house spokesmen in suits and BDs,and it wasn't just the Astronauts in the space programme footage but the blokes in Mission control,my point is we were seeing a lot of Americans on tv and films and I definitely think that did have some influence .post #17471 of 199373/29/14 at 8:01ampost #17472 of 199373/29/14 at 12:10pmpost #17473 of 199373/29/14 at 12:32pmpost #17474 of 199373/29/14 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
Apologies if this website has been mentioned before:
And, if any of you guys have used them - for anything - what do you reckon?
The Tab-collar shirts look very nice. The 3-ply mohair suit with waistcoat in antique-gold looks lovely. There site does say their suits fit those that are slim or toned. It doesn't say anything about well-built (but not fat) short-arses, like myself.
As seeing as their shop is in the Grove area of W.London, I'll pop in there during the next month or so and see what the quality and sizing is like.
I'm in the Ladbroke Grove area quite often and haven't noticed the shop. Then again, it's mostly in the after-hours, and I'm more often than not 'slow-blink' drunk.post #17475 of 199373/29/14 at 10:58pmQuote:
Firstly, I think he was using that statement to startle his readers and to reinforce his point about Ivy League clothing items having different significances in different places at different times.
Secondly, the vast majority of us didn't even know our clothes were Ivy-League-influenced. They were just items of fashion.
The guys in the famous Piccadilly Circus photo - let's be fair - were in the minimal skinhead gear. But hey! aren't those American-style button-down Oxford shirts? I'll bet the guy's point would seem to have more relevance if you could see the same blokes dressed up for an evening out.
- Mod to Suedehead
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 47 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Raw Denim high quality : head is spinning from all the choices. ... 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Dress Denim Size 48 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...