To be fair he was traditionally known for wearing a classic navy blue suit or a pinstriped suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1165post #17461 of 253323/27/14 at 10:02ampost #17462 of 253323/27/14 at 11:53ampost #17463 of 253323/27/14 at 3:48pmpost #17464 of 253323/28/14 at 12:12amQuote:
I bought xxl and was pleasantly surprised that they were a generous cut. No rear pleat but I was not looking to replicate a Ben Sherman - these are ok and for £13 they are good value.post #17465 of 253323/28/14 at 5:13ampost #17466 of 253323/28/14 at 11:19ampost #17467 of 253323/28/14 at 5:03pmpost #17468 of 253323/29/14 at 12:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
The pic below is of a young man called Julian Bond. It dates from 1963, and comes from this post at garmsville.com. Worth a read, it's about the semiotics (verbal, visual, cultural 'codes') of Ivy League, and relevant to this thread in its conclusions.
'' The American 'Ivy League' style of dress fascinates.............. It was the style of dress which kick started Skinhead in London.''
Hmmm - I've got some reservations about this statement......post #17469 of 253323/29/14 at 1:03ampost #17470 of 253323/29/14 at 1:58amQuote:
roytonboy.A lot has been said on this thread about the Ivy league influence on style here in Britain,astronauts and Motown artists have been mentioned too along with films and tv programmes so there was an influence from America at the time.
Vietnam was on the news all the time and it wasn't just the military that were on tv,White house spokesmen in suits and BDs,and it wasn't just the Astronauts in the space programme footage but the blokes in Mission control,my point is we were seeing a lot of Americans on tv and films and I definitely think that did have some influence .post #17471 of 253323/29/14 at 8:01ampost #17472 of 253323/29/14 at 12:10pmpost #17473 of 253323/29/14 at 12:32pmpost #17474 of 253323/29/14 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
Apologies if this website has been mentioned before:
And, if any of you guys have used them - for anything - what do you reckon?
The Tab-collar shirts look very nice. The 3-ply mohair suit with waistcoat in antique-gold looks lovely. There site does say their suits fit those that are slim or toned. It doesn't say anything about well-built (but not fat) short-arses, like myself.
As seeing as their shop is in the Grove area of W.London, I'll pop in there during the next month or so and see what the quality and sizing is like.
I'm in the Ladbroke Grove area quite often and haven't noticed the shop. Then again, it's mostly in the after-hours, and I'm more often than not 'slow-blink' drunk.post #17475 of 253323/29/14 at 10:58pmQuote:
Firstly, I think he was using that statement to startle his readers and to reinforce his point about Ivy League clothing items having different significances in different places at different times.
Secondly, the vast majority of us didn't even know our clothes were Ivy-League-influenced. They were just items of fashion.
The guys in the famous Piccadilly Circus photo - let's be fair - were in the minimal skinhead gear. But hey! aren't those American-style button-down Oxford shirts? I'll bet the guy's point would seem to have more relevance if you could see the same blokes dressed up for an evening out.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › My taste exceeds my budget, but I need a good fit 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 40 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 51 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for RL cordovan loafers 11d 52 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 57 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway