or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 1158

post #17356 of 19310

Salut Vietskin,

 

i think the sale is very close to the end. There are two shops, one Place saint Augustin (the main one) and the other one Rue de Solférino, where i went. The sales are in both shops i think. Not many size left. You can give them a call to ask until when maybe ?

 

www.berteil.com/magasin

post #17357 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

Speaking of the Small Faces, that appears to be a Crombie that Ronnie Lane is wearing.



I can remember wanting a leather coat like Steve Marriott's so much when I was a kid.
Yea me too.  I bought one in the same mod style about 15 years ago but somehow it did not feel the same and got discarded a few years back
Its said 'be carful of what you wish for'
 
post #17358 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
 

The Who, live in Juvisy, France, march 1966.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfAUEFDWuE


Talking of the Who,  I met Roger Daltrey a couple of years ago when he was collecting his car in a West End car park.  A very pleasant and down to earth bloke.  I had never realised how little he is. 

 

Still all superstars are larger than life

post #17359 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriela View Post

Do you mean something like this? (Again me and my collages lol)
Pics courtesy of Dave, Bob and Steve.
The girls on the top right picture have (I think) only half of their hair pulled back and tied. If you watch Reggae Britannia there is another girl with a similar hairstyle but her hair is straight and she is a lot younger. She is wearing a sheepskin coat.

That the Style Gabriela-if I remember rightly,a lot of Hairspray was used smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

I've heard Cut Away collars were worn by the VERY early Mods.

There was the "Merchant Banker"Look-I am not talking Cockney Slang here...smile.gif,where the early Mods went the whole hog and wore Bowler Hats and carried neatly pressed Newspapers.
post #17360 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

Speaking of the Small Faces, that appears to be a Crombie that Ronnie Lane is wearing.



I can remember wanting a leather coat like Steve Marriott's so much when I was a kid.


Always love seeing Small Faces Pictures.The Leather Coat(a favourite Mod item of mine),a Suede Jacket and the Crombie.
post #17361 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces and Eights View Post


Talking of the Who,  I met Roger Daltrey a couple of years ago when he was collecting his car in a West End car park.  A very pleasant and down to earth bloke.  I had never realised how little he is. 

Still all superstars are larger than life

Keith Moon was even smaller.
post #17362 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post


Here's a detail of a pic of the Small Faces. I never saw a b/d with epaulettes in 68/69, but they had been around.

Definitely looks a whole lot better in white/ecru. I just wonder how popular they were with 'the man in the street'. Or were they just worn exclusively by people who drummed for The Who.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

There's an ebay seller that's selling a bunch of these Oxford BDs at £13 a pop (including p&p). There's pastel yellow, pink, black, white and blue. I might take a punt on a couple at that price.

post #17363 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Definitely looks a whole lot better in white/ecru. I just wonder how popular they were with 'the man in the street'. Or were they just worn exclusively by people who drummed for The Who.
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

There's an ebay seller that's selling a bunch of these Oxford BDs at £13 a pop (including p&p). There's pastel yellow, pink, black, white and blue. I might take a punt on a couple at that price.

Good spot, would you share the link Inks?
post #17364 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post


Good spot, would you share the link Inks?

Here's the link Cleav.

     www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Button-Down-Oxford-Shirt-/111297152561?pt=UK_Men_s_Formal_Shirts&var=&hash=item19e9d3c631

post #17365 of 19310
thanks Inks
post #17366 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post
 

I've heard Cut Away collars were worn by the VERY early Mods.

The very, very early Mods were supposed to have been influenced by the Nouvelle Vague cinema of the time (amongst countless other things). Jean-Paul Belmondo wore what looks like cut-away collared shirts in A Bout De Soufflé. That was 1960. Jean Seberg's look in A Bout De Soufflé, is positively proto-Modette.

Not a big fan of cut-away collars myself. I think that's due to their association (for me anyway) with 'wide-boy-estate-agent' types.

post #17367 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post


A Bout De Soufflé,

I just wanted to get to this before Clouseau did. I think you've been autocorrected with that acute accent on the 'e', so the title of the film now translates as We've run out of mousse!

It was a cracking film, by the way.
post #17368 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post


I just wanted to get to this before Clouseau did. I think you've been autocorrected with that acute accent on the 'e', so the title of the film now translates as We've run out of mousse!

It was a cracking film, by the way.

Ha ha. Good old auto-correct. Though, the mere thought of running out of mousse, will often leave me short of breath.

post #17369 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriela View Post


Do you mean something like this? (Again me and my collages lol)
Pics courtesy of Dave, Bob and Steve.
The girls on the top right picture have (I think) only half of their hair pulled back and tied. If you watch Reggae Britannia there is another girl with a similar hairstyle but her hair is straight and she is a lot younger. She is wearing a sheepskin coat.

gabriela.I remember a girl a few years older than me who had a haircut like the girl in the bottom right picture,she wore a suit and quite "clumpy" shoes.

I remember at school 70 / 71 some of the girls wore crombies ( different to the boys ones ) and some wore girls brogues,these had a rubber sole and a rounder toe ( than the ones we wore) they came with red and black laces.

post #17370 of 19310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

The very, very early Mods were supposed to have been influenced by the Nouvelle Vague cinema of the time (amongst countless other things). Jean-Paul Belmondo wore what looks like cut-away collared shirts in A Bout De Soufflé. That was 1960. Jean Seberg's look in A Bout De Soufflé, is positively proto-Modette.

Not a big fan of cut-away collars myself. I think that's due to their association (for me anyway) with 'wide-boy-estate-agent' types.

 



Original Modernist Gill Evans has confirmed her then boyfriend never wore them. But, as we have said the look changed so fast then there could have been one weekend in 1963 when they were 'in'!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead