Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 1114
Styleforum Top Picks
1974...Cardiff City v Man Utd......United supporters used to wear tartan scarves then because they had so many Scottish players ( and a Scottish manager)....there was lots of trouble that day and Uniteds massive away following did not get it all their own way.
Butchers coats ...
Looks about summer (shirts untucked) 1970, suprised by that blue jacket... really nice color.
I found this picture interesting...as you say about the shirts untucked,I saw this in the summer of 1970 in a few places,but if that's POW check trousers that the lad in the jackets wearing I didn't see them until 1971,and check shirts weren't being worn as much by then....I mentioned seeing skinheads in kiss me quick hats in Weymouth and Weston previously....I cant name the location in the picture ( but it does look familiar )
Not sure if we've had this on here before ... caption simply says "Skinhead girls at 'The Room at the Top', Ilford" (a venue which I think has been mentioned on here a few times?). It's a Daily Express photo but there's no date given. To my eyes it looks 80s revival - anyone know any more?
That looks like Brenda a London skinheadgirl from the 80s in the long skirt. Defiantly revival.
According to your profile, we're about the same size. What size jacket did you order? If you have time, would you be able to post measurements?
I ordered the Medium (38 inch chest).
I'll have to get back to you on measurements, it's half 10 atm and I'm working every daylight hour tomorrow haha.
And yes, it has been posted in the past year, possibly by me.
Ed..Theres quite a bit online about this match,including a brilliant report from a young United fan....also a bit of footage on Pathe news of that bloke in the check jumper getting led off by the police ( I think its him)...Pathe hooligans Cardiff ( its at the end after Spurs in Feyenoord ).
Did you go to the United matches in Bristol that season ? I was at the good Friday match at Eastville ( when it snowed ).
Funny looking at that lad wearing platform shoes to football,I always wore boots ( Martens or monkey) much more practical.
In the mid week before the Cardiff v United game Cardiff played at Bristol City in the league cup,140 arrested ( mainly Cardiff ) out of an 8000 crowd !,the level of violence and disorder in the early 70s is quite difficult to believe now.
- Mod to Suedehead
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 25 seconds ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 9 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 13 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Bangkok tailors 19 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 20 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 21 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw