Funny that Glasgow Herald is dated June 1965 and the video is said to be Skegness 1970.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 989
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14822 of 215639/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:Ah, but if you get caught with a fu** off big chib, you'll say anything.
As for the TV report, well, it is the east of England so all the TVs were gas-powered and ran five years' behind the rest of the UK.
(Ducks and runs for cover!!!)post #14823 of 215639/17/13 at 1:05pmpost #14824 of 215639/17/13 at 1:31pmpost #14825 of 215639/17/13 at 1:34pmpost #14826 of 215639/17/13 at 1:40pmpost #14827 of 215639/17/13 at 2:48pmpost #14828 of 215639/17/13 at 3:03pmpost #14829 of 215639/17/13 at 3:12pmpost #14830 of 215639/17/13 at 3:51pmpost #14831 of 215639/17/13 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gel boyQuote:
Yes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.
Gel Boy you must know Dolly,post #14832 of 215639/17/13 at 9:26pmpost #14833 of 215639/17/13 at 9:30pmpost #14834 of 215639/17/13 at 11:29pmpost #14835 of 215639/18/13 at 2:19am
Returning to the clothes, I remember that when everyone started to wear Tonik and later Trevira (cheap material that a lot of the girls seemed to wear in tonik style jackets and short skirts) the look became cheap. We moved on to Prince of Wales check (some wore complete suits with a blue or red window pane over check to indicate MTM). I had a MTM jacket in POW. Dogtooth became popular and then even Houndstooth. Of course it was all in the details, not just the material. It was always about being one step ahead. Following the crowd was not an option. I also wore off the peg blazers with patched pockets, Repp ties, White Ben Sherman, Grey Mohair MTM strides and black shoes from The Squire Shop with their red or white socks. The word Skinhead, even in my mind, brings up a picture of DM boots turned up Levi's, Brutus shirts, red braces and a no.2 haircut, but that was a small part of the story. We could not have got into Clubs,Pubs, Dance Halls etc wearing the outfits that have become more familiar in public perception from 1969.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 3 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...