Funny that Glasgow Herald is dated June 1965 and the video is said to be Skegness 1970.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 989
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14822 of 229749/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:Ah, but if you get caught with a fu** off big chib, you'll say anything.
As for the TV report, well, it is the east of England so all the TVs were gas-powered and ran five years' behind the rest of the UK.
(Ducks and runs for cover!!!)post #14823 of 229749/17/13 at 1:05pmpost #14824 of 229749/17/13 at 1:31pmpost #14825 of 229749/17/13 at 1:34pmpost #14826 of 229749/17/13 at 1:40pmpost #14827 of 229749/17/13 at 2:48pmpost #14828 of 229749/17/13 at 3:03pmpost #14829 of 229749/17/13 at 3:12pmpost #14830 of 229749/17/13 at 3:51pmpost #14831 of 229749/17/13 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gel boyQuote:
Yes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.
Gel Boy you must know Dolly,post #14832 of 229749/17/13 at 9:26pmpost #14833 of 229749/17/13 at 9:30pmpost #14834 of 229749/17/13 at 11:29pmpost #14835 of 229749/18/13 at 2:19am
Returning to the clothes, I remember that when everyone started to wear Tonik and later Trevira (cheap material that a lot of the girls seemed to wear in tonik style jackets and short skirts) the look became cheap. We moved on to Prince of Wales check (some wore complete suits with a blue or red window pane over check to indicate MTM). I had a MTM jacket in POW. Dogtooth became popular and then even Houndstooth. Of course it was all in the details, not just the material. It was always about being one step ahead. Following the crowd was not an option. I also wore off the peg blazers with patched pockets, Repp ties, White Ben Sherman, Grey Mohair MTM strides and black shoes from The Squire Shop with their red or white socks. The word Skinhead, even in my mind, brings up a picture of DM boots turned up Levi's, Brutus shirts, red braces and a no.2 haircut, but that was a small part of the story. We could not have got into Clubs,Pubs, Dance Halls etc wearing the outfits that have become more familiar in public perception from 1969.
- Mod to Suedehead
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 32 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.