Ray Stiles plays with Hollies now,or so I believe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 987post #14791 of 213749/16/13 at 7:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14792 of 213749/16/13 at 7:40amQuote:
The Small Faces had an Account in all the Carnaby Street Boutiques-under the care of Don Arden.At the height of their Career,I believe Arden paid then £20 and the rest he said went on paying their Clothing and Drug Bills-or so he told their Parents.post #14793 of 213749/16/13 at 7:44ampost #14794 of 213749/16/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Certainly no love lost between them and the management according to Mac's writings.Laney particularly had a venimous relationship with Don Arden by all accounts.post #14795 of 213749/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:
Yes he did.Arden was also mainly responsible of sacking Jimmy Winston(the original SF Keyboard Player)as Jimmy was latching on to Arden`s tricks-or so the story goes.post #14796 of 213749/16/13 at 8:02ampost #14797 of 213749/16/13 at 8:15amQuote:
Didn't Arden fashion himself as a bit of a tough guy trying to strong arm people from leaving his management and threatening and fighting others trying to take his acts? He seemed to get furious when you called him out on being the scamming jew he was, very surprised he never caught a beating or worse for his antics.post #14798 of 213749/16/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
Didn't Arden fashion himself as a bit of a tough guy trying to strong arm people from leaving his management and threatening and fighting others trying to take his acts? He seemed to get furious when you called him out on being the scamming jew he was, very surprised he never caught a beating or worse for his antics.
He did have the reputation of being a hard man,he also had friends in other places.There were stories of him doing the "strong arm" on Groups etc.He was not a pleasant man-by all accounts.post #14799 of 213749/16/13 at 8:31amQuote:
John Hellier the guy that runs"Darlings Of Wapping Wharf Launderette" gave out that piece of info.,on a 10 part Story of the Small Faces on Youtube.Mind you,he also came into some stick from Kenney Jones and Mac,not that long ago.post #14800 of 213749/16/13 at 9:10ampost #14801 of 213749/16/13 at 12:32pmpost #14802 of 213749/16/13 at 9:53pmQuote:
You just brought back a memory. Somewhere near Lewisham there was a club which in about 1970 had live Country & Western acts. Myself and some mates went there for a drink and just because it was something different to do. A guy got up and sang 'Wandering Star', and we added our voices, good and loud, at one particular point of the song. Our part is in bold, below:
... Home is made for coming from
For dreams of going to,
Which with any luck will never come true...
I was born under...post #14803 of 213749/16/13 at 11:47pmYes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.post #14804 of 213749/16/13 at 11:48pmQuote:
Yes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.post #14805 of 213749/17/13 at 12:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Alex RoestQuote:
There's a well-known shot of four skinheads walking past a group of hippie-ish people who are sitting on some steps; I think one of the skins is called Gerry Rayner. Does anyone know someone called Gerry Rayner? It's worth a try.
Hi, I'm Gerry how can I help you.Quote:I saw this photo by Terry Spencer at the street photography exhibit at the Museum of London the other day:
Bit of a reminder...
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 1 minute ago
- › THOM BROWNE ties 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › 7/3 MORE ADDED! - Over 50 Pair NWT Pants from Brioni, Incotex,... 15 minutes ago
- › Snowman x SnowSmock Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...