Ray Stiles plays with Hollies now,or so I believe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 987post #14791 of 199379/16/13 at 7:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14792 of 199379/16/13 at 7:40amQuote:
The Small Faces had an Account in all the Carnaby Street Boutiques-under the care of Don Arden.At the height of their Career,I believe Arden paid then £20 and the rest he said went on paying their Clothing and Drug Bills-or so he told their Parents.post #14793 of 199379/16/13 at 7:44ampost #14794 of 199379/16/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Certainly no love lost between them and the management according to Mac's writings.Laney particularly had a venimous relationship with Don Arden by all accounts.post #14795 of 199379/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:
Yes he did.Arden was also mainly responsible of sacking Jimmy Winston(the original SF Keyboard Player)as Jimmy was latching on to Arden`s tricks-or so the story goes.post #14796 of 199379/16/13 at 8:02ampost #14797 of 199379/16/13 at 8:15amQuote:
Didn't Arden fashion himself as a bit of a tough guy trying to strong arm people from leaving his management and threatening and fighting others trying to take his acts? He seemed to get furious when you called him out on being the scamming jew he was, very surprised he never caught a beating or worse for his antics.post #14798 of 199379/16/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
Didn't Arden fashion himself as a bit of a tough guy trying to strong arm people from leaving his management and threatening and fighting others trying to take his acts? He seemed to get furious when you called him out on being the scamming jew he was, very surprised he never caught a beating or worse for his antics.
He did have the reputation of being a hard man,he also had friends in other places.There were stories of him doing the "strong arm" on Groups etc.He was not a pleasant man-by all accounts.post #14799 of 199379/16/13 at 8:31amQuote:
John Hellier the guy that runs"Darlings Of Wapping Wharf Launderette" gave out that piece of info.,on a 10 part Story of the Small Faces on Youtube.Mind you,he also came into some stick from Kenney Jones and Mac,not that long ago.post #14800 of 199379/16/13 at 9:10ampost #14801 of 199379/16/13 at 12:32pmpost #14802 of 199379/16/13 at 9:53pmQuote:
You just brought back a memory. Somewhere near Lewisham there was a club which in about 1970 had live Country & Western acts. Myself and some mates went there for a drink and just because it was something different to do. A guy got up and sang 'Wandering Star', and we added our voices, good and loud, at one particular point of the song. Our part is in bold, below:
... Home is made for coming from
For dreams of going to,
Which with any luck will never come true...
I was born under...post #14803 of 199379/16/13 at 11:47pmYes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.post #14804 of 199379/16/13 at 11:48pmQuote:
Yes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.post #14805 of 199379/17/13 at 12:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Alex RoestQuote:
There's a well-known shot of four skinheads walking past a group of hippie-ish people who are sitting on some steps; I think one of the skins is called Gerry Rayner. Does anyone know someone called Gerry Rayner? It's worth a try.
Hi, I'm Gerry how can I help you.Quote:I saw this photo by Terry Spencer at the street photography exhibit at the Museum of London the other day:
Bit of a reminder...
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...