Ray Stiles plays with Hollies now,or so I believe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 987post #14791 of 229729/16/13 at 7:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14792 of 229729/16/13 at 7:40amQuote:
The Small Faces had an Account in all the Carnaby Street Boutiques-under the care of Don Arden.At the height of their Career,I believe Arden paid then £20 and the rest he said went on paying their Clothing and Drug Bills-or so he told their Parents.post #14793 of 229729/16/13 at 7:44ampost #14794 of 229729/16/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Certainly no love lost between them and the management according to Mac's writings.Laney particularly had a venimous relationship with Don Arden by all accounts.post #14795 of 229729/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:
Yes he did.Arden was also mainly responsible of sacking Jimmy Winston(the original SF Keyboard Player)as Jimmy was latching on to Arden`s tricks-or so the story goes.post #14796 of 229729/16/13 at 8:02ampost #14797 of 229729/16/13 at 8:15amQuote:
Didn't Arden fashion himself as a bit of a tough guy trying to strong arm people from leaving his management and threatening and fighting others trying to take his acts? He seemed to get furious when you called him out on being the scamming jew he was, very surprised he never caught a beating or worse for his antics.post #14798 of 229729/16/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Sirryacus
Didn't Arden fashion himself as a bit of a tough guy trying to strong arm people from leaving his management and threatening and fighting others trying to take his acts? He seemed to get furious when you called him out on being the scamming jew he was, very surprised he never caught a beating or worse for his antics.
He did have the reputation of being a hard man,he also had friends in other places.There were stories of him doing the "strong arm" on Groups etc.He was not a pleasant man-by all accounts.post #14799 of 229729/16/13 at 8:31amQuote:
John Hellier the guy that runs"Darlings Of Wapping Wharf Launderette" gave out that piece of info.,on a 10 part Story of the Small Faces on Youtube.Mind you,he also came into some stick from Kenney Jones and Mac,not that long ago.post #14800 of 229729/16/13 at 9:10ampost #14801 of 229729/16/13 at 12:32pmpost #14802 of 229729/16/13 at 9:53pmQuote:
You just brought back a memory. Somewhere near Lewisham there was a club which in about 1970 had live Country & Western acts. Myself and some mates went there for a drink and just because it was something different to do. A guy got up and sang 'Wandering Star', and we added our voices, good and loud, at one particular point of the song. Our part is in bold, below:
... Home is made for coming from
For dreams of going to,
Which with any luck will never come true...
I was born under...post #14803 of 229729/16/13 at 11:47pmYes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.post #14804 of 229729/16/13 at 11:48pmQuote:
Yes It was Terry that took the photo's. and we all come from Borehamwood. they must have spent about a week with us on and off. they also went with us to Spurs on a Saturday and took photos there of us. There are lots more photos of us four and many Borehamwood skinheads. His Daughter Cara has them.post #14805 of 229729/17/13 at 12:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Alex RoestQuote:
There's a well-known shot of four skinheads walking past a group of hippie-ish people who are sitting on some steps; I think one of the skins is called Gerry Rayner. Does anyone know someone called Gerry Rayner? It's worth a try.
Hi, I'm Gerry how can I help you.Quote:I saw this photo by Terry Spencer at the street photography exhibit at the Museum of London the other day:
Bit of a reminder...
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?