Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:38 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 961post #14401 of 197638/26/13 at 1:48ambrowniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14402 of 197638/26/13 at 3:30am
Cerneabbas: on the subject of LEE RIDERS.
I've got two Lee 101 rider. They are both around 13 oz. One is Sanforized (left) and said to be "lot 101- Z"; the other one is Raw/Dry denim, natural indigo dye, unwashed, with selvedge, and is more rigid.
They are higher waisted than 501, but not too high. They have IMO a good cut, a nice fit and i like their style.
The Lee 101 23 oz are spectacular, but i think too rigid and too warm. OK if you're a cow boy always on the saddle in winter...
Otherwise you should try (not buy) different models until you find the one that fits you. There is an Ecru Lee Rider at an interesting price on the link that Basset provided, but it's thinner at 9,5 oz and sateen like.
Edited by Clouseau - 8/26/13 at 11:01ampost #14403 of 197638/27/13 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
browniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
I remember my Sister wearing short skirts(who remembers the Table Cloth Check skirts-I used to call them that they were short), about that time.It was,again,an "age" thing.Older Girls wore longer skirts-mainly just above the knee.post #14404 of 197638/27/13 at 12:35ampost #14405 of 197638/27/13 at 4:44ampost #14406 of 197638/27/13 at 7:20ampost #14407 of 197638/27/13 at 7:26amQuote:post #14408 of 197638/27/13 at 7:29ampost #14409 of 197638/27/13 at 11:38ampost #14410 of 197638/27/13 at 8:55pmpost #14411 of 197638/28/13 at 12:03am
Just to throw my two cents in... Maybe a reference to the sensual "Sweet Molly Malone"?
The song became Dublin's anthem, but it was first published in Edinburgh and London.
And the name Molly is a familiar version of Mary and Margaret and may be use as a generic name?post #14412 of 197638/28/13 at 2:31ampost #14413 of 197638/28/13 at 4:00am
As this is now 'Mod to Suedehead' I couldn't resist sharing this pic from Facebook of Daniele at the Brighton Mod Weekender. That look (apart from the hair) is almost exactly what I was wearing come 1970 but nowhere nearly as well as Daniele does it! It certainly is in marked contrast to the twats with their mollies!post #14414 of 197638/28/13 at 4:55amQuote:
(from several sources:)
Moll derives from Molly. Moll and Molly were working class female names. In the past the word "Moll" was used to refer to a prostitute or a gangster's girlfriend.
Molly malone, said to be a part time whore, was a "Moll".post #14415 of 197638/28/13 at 11:20amQuote:
Ok but never heard it in reference to Skinhead Girls.If I had said that-a right hander would have flashed across.....
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Leather Quality and Properties 2 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 seconds ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 15 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 42 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...