Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 961post #14401 of 234198/26/13 at 1:48ambrowniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).post #14402 of 234198/26/13 at 3:30am
Cerneabbas: on the subject of LEE RIDERS.
I've got two Lee 101 rider. They are both around 13 oz. One is Sanforized (left) and said to be "lot 101- Z"; the other one is Raw/Dry denim, natural indigo dye, unwashed, with selvedge, and is more rigid.
They are higher waisted than 501, but not too high. They have IMO a good cut, a nice fit and i like their style.
The Lee 101 23 oz are spectacular, but i think too rigid and too warm. OK if you're a cow boy always on the saddle in winter...
Otherwise you should try (not buy) different models until you find the one that fits you. There is an Ecru Lee Rider at an interesting price on the link that Basset provided, but it's thinner at 9,5 oz and sateen like.
Edited by Clouseau - 8/26/13 at 11:01ampost #14403 of 234198/27/13 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
browniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
I remember my Sister wearing short skirts(who remembers the Table Cloth Check skirts-I used to call them that they were short), about that time.It was,again,an "age" thing.Older Girls wore longer skirts-mainly just above the knee.post #14404 of 234198/27/13 at 12:35ampost #14405 of 234198/27/13 at 4:44ampost #14406 of 234198/27/13 at 7:20ampost #14407 of 234198/27/13 at 7:26amQuote:post #14408 of 234198/27/13 at 7:29ampost #14409 of 234198/27/13 at 11:38ampost #14410 of 234198/27/13 at 8:55pmpost #14411 of 234198/28/13 at 12:03am
Just to throw my two cents in... Maybe a reference to the sensual "Sweet Molly Malone"?
The song became Dublin's anthem, but it was first published in Edinburgh and London.
And the name Molly is a familiar version of Mary and Margaret and may be use as a generic name?post #14412 of 234198/28/13 at 2:31ampost #14413 of 234198/28/13 at 4:00am
As this is now 'Mod to Suedehead' I couldn't resist sharing this pic from Facebook of Daniele at the Brighton Mod Weekender. That look (apart from the hair) is almost exactly what I was wearing come 1970 but nowhere nearly as well as Daniele does it! It certainly is in marked contrast to the twats with their mollies!post #14414 of 234198/28/13 at 4:55amQuote:
(from several sources:)
Moll derives from Molly. Moll and Molly were working class female names. In the past the word "Moll" was used to refer to a prostitute or a gangster's girlfriend.
Molly malone, said to be a part time whore, was a "Moll".post #14415 of 234198/28/13 at 11:20amQuote:
Ok but never heard it in reference to Skinhead Girls.If I had said that-a right hander would have flashed across.....
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 32 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 39 seconds ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 8 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 9 minutes ago
- › Tailored Pants Material 10 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts