Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 961post #14401 of 217598/26/13 at 1:48ambrowniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14402 of 217598/26/13 at 3:30am
Cerneabbas: on the subject of LEE RIDERS.
I've got two Lee 101 rider. They are both around 13 oz. One is Sanforized (left) and said to be "lot 101- Z"; the other one is Raw/Dry denim, natural indigo dye, unwashed, with selvedge, and is more rigid.
They are higher waisted than 501, but not too high. They have IMO a good cut, a nice fit and i like their style.
The Lee 101 23 oz are spectacular, but i think too rigid and too warm. OK if you're a cow boy always on the saddle in winter...
Otherwise you should try (not buy) different models until you find the one that fits you. There is an Ecru Lee Rider at an interesting price on the link that Basset provided, but it's thinner at 9,5 oz and sateen like.
Edited by Clouseau - 8/26/13 at 11:01ampost #14403 of 217598/27/13 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
browniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
I remember my Sister wearing short skirts(who remembers the Table Cloth Check skirts-I used to call them that they were short), about that time.It was,again,an "age" thing.Older Girls wore longer skirts-mainly just above the knee.post #14404 of 217598/27/13 at 12:35ampost #14405 of 217598/27/13 at 4:44ampost #14406 of 217598/27/13 at 7:20ampost #14407 of 217598/27/13 at 7:26amQuote:post #14408 of 217598/27/13 at 7:29ampost #14409 of 217598/27/13 at 11:38ampost #14410 of 217598/27/13 at 8:55pmpost #14411 of 217598/28/13 at 12:03am
Just to throw my two cents in... Maybe a reference to the sensual "Sweet Molly Malone"?
The song became Dublin's anthem, but it was first published in Edinburgh and London.
And the name Molly is a familiar version of Mary and Margaret and may be use as a generic name?post #14412 of 217598/28/13 at 2:31ampost #14413 of 217598/28/13 at 4:00am
As this is now 'Mod to Suedehead' I couldn't resist sharing this pic from Facebook of Daniele at the Brighton Mod Weekender. That look (apart from the hair) is almost exactly what I was wearing come 1970 but nowhere nearly as well as Daniele does it! It certainly is in marked contrast to the twats with their mollies!post #14414 of 217598/28/13 at 4:55amQuote:
(from several sources:)
Moll derives from Molly. Moll and Molly were working class female names. In the past the word "Moll" was used to refer to a prostitute or a gangster's girlfriend.
Molly malone, said to be a part time whore, was a "Moll".post #14415 of 217598/28/13 at 11:20amQuote:
Ok but never heard it in reference to Skinhead Girls.If I had said that-a right hander would have flashed across.....
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › POLL: Is Eidos Napoli an Italian or an American brand ? 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015