Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:21 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 961post #14401 of 229078/26/13 at 1:48ambrowniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14402 of 229078/26/13 at 3:30am
Cerneabbas: on the subject of LEE RIDERS.
I've got two Lee 101 rider. They are both around 13 oz. One is Sanforized (left) and said to be "lot 101- Z"; the other one is Raw/Dry denim, natural indigo dye, unwashed, with selvedge, and is more rigid.
They are higher waisted than 501, but not too high. They have IMO a good cut, a nice fit and i like their style.
The Lee 101 23 oz are spectacular, but i think too rigid and too warm. OK if you're a cow boy always on the saddle in winter...
Otherwise you should try (not buy) different models until you find the one that fits you. There is an Ecru Lee Rider at an interesting price on the link that Basset provided, but it's thinner at 9,5 oz and sateen like.
Edited by Clouseau - 8/26/13 at 11:01ampost #14403 of 229078/27/13 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
browniecj...As i have said before i was at school in 1970 but i do remember some of the girls wearing leather coats,blue and green being the colours i remember.Some of the girls wore crombies they had a different lapel to the lads coats....i remember one girl had a really expensive sheepskin it was very long,dark brown with white collar and trim,but that white got dirty quite quick and sheepskins were very expensive to have cleaned....BTW,i was quite surprised to see how short the girls skirts were in the Billericay picture,i really didnt remember that ( just goes to show how your memory plays tricks,well my memory anyway ).
I remember my Sister wearing short skirts(who remembers the Table Cloth Check skirts-I used to call them that they were short), about that time.It was,again,an "age" thing.Older Girls wore longer skirts-mainly just above the knee.post #14404 of 229078/27/13 at 12:35ampost #14405 of 229078/27/13 at 4:44ampost #14406 of 229078/27/13 at 7:20ampost #14407 of 229078/27/13 at 7:26amQuote:post #14408 of 229078/27/13 at 7:29ampost #14409 of 229078/27/13 at 11:38ampost #14410 of 229078/27/13 at 8:55pmpost #14411 of 229078/28/13 at 12:03am
Just to throw my two cents in... Maybe a reference to the sensual "Sweet Molly Malone"?
The song became Dublin's anthem, but it was first published in Edinburgh and London.
And the name Molly is a familiar version of Mary and Margaret and may be use as a generic name?post #14412 of 229078/28/13 at 2:31ampost #14413 of 229078/28/13 at 4:00am
As this is now 'Mod to Suedehead' I couldn't resist sharing this pic from Facebook of Daniele at the Brighton Mod Weekender. That look (apart from the hair) is almost exactly what I was wearing come 1970 but nowhere nearly as well as Daniele does it! It certainly is in marked contrast to the twats with their mollies!post #14414 of 229078/28/13 at 4:55amQuote:
(from several sources:)
Moll derives from Molly. Moll and Molly were working class female names. In the past the word "Moll" was used to refer to a prostitute or a gangster's girlfriend.
Molly malone, said to be a part time whore, was a "Moll".post #14415 of 229078/28/13 at 11:20amQuote:
Ok but never heard it in reference to Skinhead Girls.If I had said that-a right hander would have flashed across.....
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › things that are making you happy 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...