or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 952

post #14266 of 18912

Church's now doing a full brogue ....  Bloomingdales NY site 

post #14267 of 18912

Hey everyone, I've been prowling around on here for a while now. Really good thread and makes for some great reading! I've noticed some of you know your denim quite well, and can even tell who makes the jeans just from looking. I came I came across this photo and was wondering if anyone can tell me what jeans the guy on the right is wearing? They look really nice and wouldn't mind a pair!myself...or something very similar! 

post #14268 of 18912

Difficult question. Could be a LEE, but not a Riders, a Blake maybe? 

Mr Buttons is the expert.

post #14269 of 18912

I would be surprised if this book has even been started.... I’ve been a long time reader and this book idea has been talked about for years now.... I am fairly gifted in the art of BS smelling and M-O-M set my alarm off a long time ago. He is like the Forrest Gump of the 60's youth cult set:

Best friends with David Bowie- Check

Ghost wrote Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech- Check

Protested above speech with Ronnie Lane and Jane Fonda outside 10 Downing- Check

Introduced reggae to Eric Clapton- Check

Invented the Harrington jacket- Check

Knighted for his insightful observations on just about everything- Check

Singlehandedly started the trouble at the Stones Hyde Park show- Check

Protested violence outside of the above gig- Check

Am I the only one who thinks that this book idea (which IS a great idea) should maybe being in someone else’s hands? I mean there are enough Skinhead books in the fiction section...

post #14270 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryYoungPoor View Post

I would be surprised if this book has even been started.... I’ve been a long time reader and this book idea has been talked about for years now.... I am fairly gifted in the art of BS smelling and M-O-M set my alarm off a long time ago. He is like the Forrest Gump of the 60's youth cult set:

Best friends with David Bowie- Check

Ghost wrote Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech- Check

Protested above speech with Ronnie Lane and Jane Fonda outside 10 Downing- Check

Introduced reggae to Eric Clapton- Check

Invented the Harrington jacket- Check

Knighted for his insightful observations on just about everything- Check

Singlehandedly started the trouble at the Stones Hyde Park show- Check

Protested violence outside of the above gig- Check

Am I the only one who thinks that this book idea (which IS a great idea) should maybe being in someone else’s hands? I mean there are enough Skinhead books in the fiction section...

M.O.M.can defend himself.I would like to point out you haven't made any legit criticism with your cutesy list above.Also,if the book had been laid out a few years ago it would be missing some great stories from the recent "Originals" (I'm lookin at you Roystonboy) And we wouldn't have some excellent photos which have only recently unearthed.

post #14271 of 18912
Nice to see the Yanks joining in early for a change smile.gif

Well said Yankmod
post #14272 of 18912
It really doesn't matter to me personally.I imagine that the bulk of the content of any book that should result from this thread will have been already read within.Chances are it will be reviewed and critiqued by people who were not around or involved at the time and have pre conceived opinions anyhow.I can' t imagine it would be of interest outside of a few of us with fond memories of the era and social historiansThat being said MOM has picked up the ball,what he chooses too do with it is really his business now.Any contribution to this Forum is I believe voluntary and free for all to repeat,borrow,misrepresent,malign and plagerise.I look forward to reading your contributions from the era and hope it brings as much pleasure.
post #14273 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post

Nice to see the Yanks joining in early for a change smile.gif

Well said Yankmod

Thanks Bunty.I got nothing but respect for you.As a Yank (and not a skinhead) I feel my contribution is minimal(outside of questions)And am reticent to respond too soon to a post.Not sure what AngryYoungPoor's  angle is but,it is certainly not constructive.TA

post #14274 of 18912

He is a shit talking rookie troll its pretty simple.

post #14275 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryYoungPoor View Post

I would be surprised if this book has even been started.... I’ve been a long time reader and this book idea has been talked about for years now.... I am fairly gifted in the art of BS smelling and M-O-M set my alarm off a long time ago. He is like the Forrest Gump of the 60's youth cult set:
Best friends with David Bowie- Check
Ghost wrote Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech- Check
Protested above speech with Ronnie Lane and Jane Fonda outside 10 Downing- Check
Introduced reggae to Eric Clapton- Check
Invented the Harrington jacket- Check
Knighted for his insightful observations on just about everything- Check
Singlehandedly started the trouble at the Stones Hyde Park show- Check
Protested violence outside of the above gig- Check
Am I the only one who thinks that this book idea (which IS a great idea) should maybe being in someone else’s hands? I mean there are enough Skinhead books in the fiction section...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

M.O.M.can defend himself.I would like to point out you haven't made any legit criticism with your cutesy list above.Also,if the book had been laid out a few years ago it would be missing some great stories from the recent "Originals" (I'm lookin at you Roystonboy) And we wouldn't have some excellent photos which have only recently unearthed.

AngryYoungPoor....You stupid fcuking cnut.....I have not contributed on this site for some time , but i do check in regularly, Who cares a fcuk about the book....The book is already written on here... 952 Pages ...by members, You fcuking wanker.
Edited by Lasttye - 8/16/13 at 5:01pm
post #14276 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post



AngryYoungPoor....You stupid fcuking cnut.....I have not contributed on this site for some time , but i do check in regularly, Who cares a fcuk about the book....The book is already written on here... 952 Pages ...by members, You fcuking wanker.

 

 

Yawn..this is why this thread is such a joke on EVERY other skinhead forum.

 

Boring old farts..

post #14277 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryYoungPoor View Post

 

 

Yawn..this is why this thread is such a joke on EVERY other skinhead forum.

 

Boring old farts..

If you've read this thread you would realize I don't give a Fuck what you think.I tell you what,why don't you post some pics of your Skinhead style and opinions on the subject.I think we would all get a good laugh out of it.Gotta go,just heard gunshots outside.Time to go back to the real world.

post #14278 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

If you've read this thread you would realize I don't give a Fuck what you think.I tell you what,why don't you post some pics of your Skinhead style and opinions on the subject.I think we would all get a good laugh out of it.Gotta go,just heard gunshots outside.Time to go back to the real world.

Right, "yank mod" you are so fucking scoobied that i have literally nothing to say to you.. Its like picking on a special needs kid.
post #14279 of 18912
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryYoungPoor View Post


Right, "yank mod" you are so fucking scoobied that i have literally nothing to say to you.. Its like picking on a special needs kid.

I suspect you don't have much going on and you need attention like a bratty child.Why don't you go read a book or play some video games.  

post #14280 of 18912
Just for the record. The book has been started, more than started. It's a bigger job than I expected and the stuff on here has grown and grown since I began. Lasttye is perfectly right , though - everything is on here, even if the book never gets finished.

And if this thread is a joke elsewhere I couldn't give a James Clark Ross.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead