Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 920
Styleforum Top Picks
But this coat, even if it is not a "proper" loden, still looks good.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/20/13 at 6:03am
I remember thinking how great the girls looked who could blend the 'look' into their school uniform. Okay maybe that's a bit pervy, so moving on...
I loved the tailored suits with short skirts. One of my girlfriends had one made in Prince of Wales check. She wore it once to the Savoy Rooms and never wore it again, saying she felt she looked 'common' in it - she didn't, she looked a million bloody dollars in it! Occasionally she would wear the skirt after that.
The same girl had a pair of 'Diabla' shoes. I think they came from Dolcis. They were red, and had a slightly taller block heel from what had up to then (late 69) been popular. They looked gorgeous on her, particularly that single time she wore the PoW suit!
The one item of bloke's gear I liked on a girl was a button-down shirt - I can't remember whether it was by Jaytex or Brutus - in green/blue gingham. The girls would wear a very small size, and the shirts were a very slim, waisted cut, so in fact they fitted girls very well. Worn with a mini-skirt or a full suit, they looked really good. In fact this kind of shirt looked better on a girl than on a bloke.
I liked to see what I nicknamed 'Tonik tights'. They were sheer, plain, and seemed to have a two-tone sheen to them.
Minimal make-up, just a little eye shadow and mascara.
Aqua Manda or Estee Lauder perfume.
... and that's about it.
Yes I always thought that the girls suits with mid thigh skirts and BD waisted shirts always looked smart worn together with a pair of loafers
Big looped earrings and mascara - really enhanced their look
Was there a perfume at the time - 'Gingham' ?
Also recall white tights with motifs running up the sides - but I did not particularly like those
About the buttons showing they are one of the Loden charm. one of my favorite looks in winter is to wear my loden with underneath a FP football cardigan with the same buttons....
About the James Bond, i may be wrong, but i am sure i saw those anoraks in a famous 60s movie. I am certain that Bond style influenced and still influence men's look.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/20/13 at 7:52am
I think that J.Simons used to sell them in London. Apparently, some british skinheads wore in the sixties or seventies "Norwegians" shoes. i think that it may refers to the Norwegian type of stitching (different of goodyear) that Paraboot still use on his shoes.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/20/13 at 8:01am
- Mod to Suedehead
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 52 seconds ago
- › Is this what the B&S Has Come To? 55 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Please Help with a Sport Coat - Matching/Pairing 3 minutes ago
- › Almost Human 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rider Ithaca Chukka Cordovan Boots -- 10.5 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw