Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 920
Styleforum Top Picks
But this coat, even if it is not a "proper" loden, still looks good.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/20/13 at 6:03am
I remember thinking how great the girls looked who could blend the 'look' into their school uniform. Okay maybe that's a bit pervy, so moving on...
I loved the tailored suits with short skirts. One of my girlfriends had one made in Prince of Wales check. She wore it once to the Savoy Rooms and never wore it again, saying she felt she looked 'common' in it - she didn't, she looked a million bloody dollars in it! Occasionally she would wear the skirt after that.
The same girl had a pair of 'Diabla' shoes. I think they came from Dolcis. They were red, and had a slightly taller block heel from what had up to then (late 69) been popular. They looked gorgeous on her, particularly that single time she wore the PoW suit!
The one item of bloke's gear I liked on a girl was a button-down shirt - I can't remember whether it was by Jaytex or Brutus - in green/blue gingham. The girls would wear a very small size, and the shirts were a very slim, waisted cut, so in fact they fitted girls very well. Worn with a mini-skirt or a full suit, they looked really good. In fact this kind of shirt looked better on a girl than on a bloke.
I liked to see what I nicknamed 'Tonik tights'. They were sheer, plain, and seemed to have a two-tone sheen to them.
Minimal make-up, just a little eye shadow and mascara.
Aqua Manda or Estee Lauder perfume.
... and that's about it.
Yes I always thought that the girls suits with mid thigh skirts and BD waisted shirts always looked smart worn together with a pair of loafers
Big looped earrings and mascara - really enhanced their look
Was there a perfume at the time - 'Gingham' ?
Also recall white tights with motifs running up the sides - but I did not particularly like those
About the buttons showing they are one of the Loden charm. one of my favorite looks in winter is to wear my loden with underneath a FP football cardigan with the same buttons....
About the James Bond, i may be wrong, but i am sure i saw those anoraks in a famous 60s movie. I am certain that Bond style influenced and still influence men's look.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/20/13 at 7:52am
I think that J.Simons used to sell them in London. Apparently, some british skinheads wore in the sixties or seventies "Norwegians" shoes. i think that it may refers to the Norwegian type of stitching (different of goodyear) that Paraboot still use on his shoes.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/20/13 at 8:01am
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 16 seconds ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 39 seconds ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...