Ed. At 49 not as thin as i was...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 902post #13516 of 213477/13/13 at 7:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13517 of 213477/13/13 at 7:44ampost #13518 of 213477/13/13 at 7:49ampost #13519 of 213477/13/13 at 7:54amEd Vaughan .IMO a lot of the "older" ladies keep themselves slimmer/smarter ( dare i say sexier ?) more feminine than the younger ones these days.BTW has anyone looked on Retrowow ? a lot of ladies posted their skinhead memories on there and loads of blokes too,some interesting stuff IMO.post #13520 of 213477/13/13 at 7:56amQuote:LEAVE IT!!!Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Ed Vaughan .IMO a lot of the "older" ladies keep themselves slimmer/smarter ( dare i say sexier ?) more feminine than the younger ones these days.BTW has anyone looked on Retrowow ? a lot of ladies posted their skinhead memories on there and loads of blokes too,some interesting stuff IMO.post #13521 of 213477/13/13 at 8:03amClouseau.I knew that it would be a stylish look.As said before i dont think shorts or trainers are smart just practical at times.I am not sure if i told this story before ( sorry if i did )i remember some years ago i had to drive to Belgium ( i think )anyway for many hours in car then on ferry and then drive again,so for comfort i wore trainers,tracksuit trousers and an Alpha jacket...i collected my son and he said to me "why are you dressed like Wayne Slob ?"..post #13522 of 213477/13/13 at 8:14ampost #13523 of 213477/13/13 at 8:24ampost #13524 of 213477/13/13 at 9:39am
Here is a pic of some Mods.What trainers does this guy have? Wearing trainers as fashion in the US did NOT start with Hip Hop.We was wearing Nike and Adidas in 77-78.As for shorts.I don't own a pair.I only own Levi's.Saw a cat recently.He had a nice polo,boat shoes,and chino style shorts,fitted slim but not tight.Very Preppy,I was surprised as he was a Mexican national and most of them dress in a very cool western style.Obviously shorts on women,a whole other game.TApost #13525 of 213477/13/13 at 10:37ampost #13526 of 213477/13/13 at 10:43am
cerneabbas you can't go wrong with something like the Reebok Club Classic or the Classic Leather or any all leather sneaker for that matter that is a low top, but I suppose it depends on what kind of work you do as the sole lasting is the biggest problem if using for work soles always go out before the leather is even scratched.post #13527 of 213477/13/13 at 11:56amWith you blokes mentioning Levi cut -offs,i was remembering girls hacking old Levis up and making skirts out of them,anyone else remember that ?....Also i forgot to say when shopping today ( its the summer sales here at lots of shops ) i saw in Jones the bootmakers their cedar shoe trees reduced from £38 to £20.post #13528 of 213477/13/13 at 12:21pmpost #13529 of 213477/13/13 at 12:32pmpost #13530 of 213477/13/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
I dont think dressing for the weather is anything to be ashamed of, although admittedly I only wear shorts on impossibly hot days or generally holiday and abroad :
smart cotton style shorts and Sperry topsider deck shoes. usually untucked Madras shirt etc. Deffinately not Skinhead, leaning towards Ivy however..
Sometimes the rules have to be bent a bit.. Smart enough.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › BNIB Viridi-Anne Backzip Highs 6 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 40 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...