Ed. At 49 not as thin as i was...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 902post #13516 of 199537/13/13 at 7:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13517 of 199537/13/13 at 7:44ampost #13518 of 199537/13/13 at 7:49ampost #13519 of 199537/13/13 at 7:54amEd Vaughan .IMO a lot of the "older" ladies keep themselves slimmer/smarter ( dare i say sexier ?) more feminine than the younger ones these days.BTW has anyone looked on Retrowow ? a lot of ladies posted their skinhead memories on there and loads of blokes too,some interesting stuff IMO.post #13520 of 199537/13/13 at 7:56amQuote:LEAVE IT!!!Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Ed Vaughan .IMO a lot of the "older" ladies keep themselves slimmer/smarter ( dare i say sexier ?) more feminine than the younger ones these days.BTW has anyone looked on Retrowow ? a lot of ladies posted their skinhead memories on there and loads of blokes too,some interesting stuff IMO.post #13521 of 199537/13/13 at 8:03amClouseau.I knew that it would be a stylish look.As said before i dont think shorts or trainers are smart just practical at times.I am not sure if i told this story before ( sorry if i did )i remember some years ago i had to drive to Belgium ( i think )anyway for many hours in car then on ferry and then drive again,so for comfort i wore trainers,tracksuit trousers and an Alpha jacket...i collected my son and he said to me "why are you dressed like Wayne Slob ?"..post #13522 of 199537/13/13 at 8:14ampost #13523 of 199537/13/13 at 8:24ampost #13524 of 199537/13/13 at 9:39am
Here is a pic of some Mods.What trainers does this guy have? Wearing trainers as fashion in the US did NOT start with Hip Hop.We was wearing Nike and Adidas in 77-78.As for shorts.I don't own a pair.I only own Levi's.Saw a cat recently.He had a nice polo,boat shoes,and chino style shorts,fitted slim but not tight.Very Preppy,I was surprised as he was a Mexican national and most of them dress in a very cool western style.Obviously shorts on women,a whole other game.TApost #13525 of 199537/13/13 at 10:37ampost #13526 of 199537/13/13 at 10:43am
cerneabbas you can't go wrong with something like the Reebok Club Classic or the Classic Leather or any all leather sneaker for that matter that is a low top, but I suppose it depends on what kind of work you do as the sole lasting is the biggest problem if using for work soles always go out before the leather is even scratched.post #13527 of 199537/13/13 at 11:56amWith you blokes mentioning Levi cut -offs,i was remembering girls hacking old Levis up and making skirts out of them,anyone else remember that ?....Also i forgot to say when shopping today ( its the summer sales here at lots of shops ) i saw in Jones the bootmakers their cedar shoe trees reduced from £38 to £20.post #13528 of 199537/13/13 at 12:21pmpost #13529 of 199537/13/13 at 12:32pmpost #13530 of 199537/13/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
I dont think dressing for the weather is anything to be ashamed of, although admittedly I only wear shorts on impossibly hot days or generally holiday and abroad :
smart cotton style shorts and Sperry topsider deck shoes. usually untucked Madras shirt etc. Deffinately not Skinhead, leaning towards Ivy however..
Sometimes the rules have to be bent a bit.. Smart enough.
- Mod to Suedehead
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...