Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 899
Styleforum Top Picks
I agree with you. If you look across these boards here at Style Forum there are many very specific threads which come and go and are often repeated over time. Nothing against that.
As you say any new thread should avoid skinhead in the title these days.
I am happy to give a list of what I wear now that harks back to the Day and where I get it.
Sadly ALL youth cults get there looks withered down with age - look at all those fat 40 something casuals in JD sports reissues and Dallas Tachinni tops infecting high streets nationwide - theres a look that was popular for barely 18 months in a style thats lasted since 79 till today .. same with 'skinhead ' - boots braces , rolled up jeans and check shirt .... the poor old Teds got it even worse with the sharp early 50s 'Edwardians ' loosing out to cartoon teds in cheap drapes and bad brothel creepers ...
The fella in the light Mac is a very smart dresser.Around `65 I had my hair in a similar Style.
flyfronted. I agree,i never liked Teds but that original Edwardian jacket i always thought looked smart.Remember the 70s tv programme Upstairs downstairs ? i thought that the rich upstairs men dressed very smart ( Edwardians ).Like the early Mods dressing sharp,all people remember about Mods now is parkas and scooters,the less said about the " mod revival " the better IMO cheapo clothes and t shirts with targets on.
Always thought Teds were the first to go to a Tailor, and tell them the length of sleeve etc.Before that you copied your Father.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/14/13 at 11:22pm
Great Documentary with a lot of footage i've never seen before,and being an ardent Faces follower,i've seen most of it I believe.The early live interviews in Richmond and Archway were a treat.Shame that Mac was not included,seeing as how Woody and Kenny Jones made it in there?
Im a big Rod/Faces fan, like yerselfs i found the early footage of him fascinating, did his old fella say he had 2000 shirts or was it 200?
The interview with him and Britt in the back of the motor was funny, his face said it all when questioned re the Susan george incident.
Rods haircut was the first i ever asked for, it looked good when i came out the stylists, im afraid mother hadn't quite grasped blow drying, probably why i look so miserable
Edited by Clouseau - 7/12/13 at 3:47pm
There were some who had the "Mohican"about in `69/`70.I know because one of our rival Mobs used to have a few with that haircut.It did not last too long though.
Like this kind of thing?
That's quite a shocking style statement for them days. I would have thought when Taxi Driver came out (Feb 76) it would have been pretty controversial. I'd imagine a good haircut to get you into a fight but a bad one to get you into a club ..... or a job ...... (or a bird!)
Interesting, how did these rival mob with mohicans dress? Did they dress smart or ivy-like? Or would you see them walk around in bomber jackets?
Just had another look,and I am way off ! I originally had a subliminal glimpse of the logo on the door and it registered as the TM Lewin script to me.It appears to actually be Leonard Lula /Leonard Luls ? We need to pass this one over to the Forensic Detective M.O.P. (Shirt) Buttons for further investigation.
- Mod to Suedehead
- › Best whole cut black oxford: G&G vs VASS vs St. Crespin 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › This pair of slip on is easy to match? 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 23 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 25 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 45 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 49 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw