Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 899
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13472 of 213687/12/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Knightley
I agree with you. If you look across these boards here at Style Forum there are many very specific threads which come and go and are often repeated over time. Nothing against that.
As you say any new thread should avoid skinhead in the title these days.
I am happy to give a list of what I wear now that harks back to the Day and where I get it.
Sadly ALL youth cults get there looks withered down with age - look at all those fat 40 something casuals in JD sports reissues and Dallas Tachinni tops infecting high streets nationwide - theres a look that was popular for barely 18 months in a style thats lasted since 79 till today .. same with 'skinhead ' - boots braces , rolled up jeans and check shirt .... the poor old Teds got it even worse with the sharp early 50s 'Edwardians ' loosing out to cartoon teds in cheap drapes and bad brothel creepers ...post #13473 of 213687/12/13 at 12:11pmflyfronted. I agree,i never liked Teds but that original Edwardian jacket i always thought looked smart.Remember the 70s tv programme Upstairs downstairs ? i thought that the rich upstairs men dressed very smart ( Edwardians ).Like the early Mods dressing sharp,all people remember about Mods now is parkas and scooters,the less said about the " mod revival " the better IMO cheapo clothes and t shirts with targets on.post #13474 of 213687/12/13 at 1:15pm
The fella in the light Mac is a very smart dresser.Around `65 I had my hair in a similar Style.Quote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
flyfronted. I agree,i never liked Teds but that original Edwardian jacket i always thought looked smart.Remember the 70s tv programme Upstairs downstairs ? i thought that the rich upstairs men dressed very smart ( Edwardians ).Like the early Mods dressing sharp,all people remember about Mods now is parkas and scooters,the less said about the " mod revival " the better IMO cheapo clothes and t shirts with targets on.
Always thought Teds were the first to go to a Tailor, and tell them the length of sleeve etc.Before that you copied your Father.post #13475 of 213687/12/13 at 1:27pmpost #13476 of 213687/12/13 at 1:27pmpost #13477 of 213687/12/13 at 1:31pmIt has been used as a model for a drawing on the shoemaker JM Weston website (look at "Histoire") to represent Minets. I am not completely (but almost) sure they are Originals from the Drugstore, but they have definetly got the flavor ! in all cases they are standing just on the side of the Drugstore, on the high part of the Champs, near the Arc de Triomphe, and are looking in its direction.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/14/13 at 11:22pmpost #13478 of 213687/12/13 at 1:49pmbrowniecj and Bob the Badger.Thanks for your posts on East end and Essex pubs ,along with Tubby Isaacs now gone i think. I was thinking about your posts and the Margate videos,in the videos there were women drinking tins of lager/cider and smoking in the street.Back in the day there is no way a girl would have drunk in the street ,even women smoking in public was looked down on by some older people..and no girl/woman would walk into a pub on her own.post #13479 of 213687/12/13 at 1:53pmpost #13480 of 213687/12/13 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gsvs5
Great Documentary with a lot of footage i've never seen before,and being an ardent Faces follower,i've seen most of it I believe.The early live interviews in Richmond and Archway were a treat.Shame that Mac was not included,seeing as how Woody and Kenny Jones made it in there?Quote:
Im a big Rod/Faces fan, like yerselfs i found the early footage of him fascinating, did his old fella say he had 2000 shirts or was it 200?
The interview with him and Britt in the back of the motor was funny, his face said it all when questioned re the Susan george incident.
Rods haircut was the first i ever asked for, it looked good when i came out the stylists, im afraid mother hadn't quite grasped blow drying, probably why i look so miserablepost #13481 of 213687/12/13 at 2:06pmNo, they are Minets for sure. Some of them wore blazers with badge.The Guy with the Mac wears Weston mocassins, and the second from left wears a Renoma suit, with a gilet and ligthly flared trousers (Renoma was the first to do that in Paris). His buckle shoes are Weston too. great pic.
Edited by Clouseau - 7/12/13 at 3:47pmpost #13482 of 213687/12/13 at 2:19pmpost #13483 of 213687/12/13 at 2:45pmpost #13484 of 213687/12/13 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by buttonsQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
There were some who had the "Mohican"about in `69/`70.I know because one of our rival Mobs used to have a few with that haircut.It did not last too long though.
Like this kind of thing?
That's quite a shocking style statement for them days. I would have thought when Taxi Driver came out (Feb 76) it would have been pretty controversial. I'd imagine a good haircut to get you into a fight but a bad one to get you into a club ..... or a job ...... (or a bird!)
Interesting, how did these rival mob with mohicans dress? Did they dress smart or ivy-like? Or would you see them walk around in bomber jackets?post #13485 of 213687/12/13 at 9:28pmQuote:
Just had another look,and I am way off ! I originally had a subliminal glimpse of the logo on the door and it registered as the TM Lewin script to me.It appears to actually be Leonard Lula /Leonard Luls ? We need to pass this one over to the Forensic Detective M.O.P. (Shirt) Buttons for further investigation.
- Mod to Suedehead
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Mood Fabrics 10 minutes ago
- › BNWOT - Ring Jacket A-1 Size Large 14 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 14 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...