or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 891

post #13351 of 17781
Some interesting videos on youtube..Margate 40th skinhead anniversary...put up by redtreasure1.Hmm now change the words "ageing ex skinheads" for ageing "skinheads",and we can see some fat and bald people.I dont ever remember skinheads being this old,I would say 19 or 20 tops,this lot seem to be about 50 and a not very fit 50 at that ! oh they have all got big boots though,very scary ( haha ) ,every away game would have been a doddle with this lot as the opposition.IMO of course.
post #13352 of 17781
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerneabbas View Post

Some interesting videos on youtube..Margate 40th skinhead anniversary...put up by redtreasure1.Hmm now change the words "ageing ex skinheads" for ageing "skinheads",and we can see some fat and bald people.I dont ever remember skinheads being this old,I would say 19 or 20 tops,this lot seem to be about 50 and a not very fit 50 at that ! oh they have all got big boots though,very scary ( haha ) ,every away game would have been a doddle with this lot as the opposition.IMO of course.

Showaddy waddy boneheads

post #13353 of 17781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post


Indeed I do.

Ivy League and 1960's style  will never be out of fashion for very long .

post #13354 of 17781
Cerneabbas. That is why i prefer Being an ageing ex skinhead...
post #13355 of 17781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post

Cerneabbas. That is why i prefer Being an ageing ex skinhead...
I'm now an ex-skinhead who still tries to dress rather well. (And appropriately.)

I often - seriously - receive comments of how I never look scruffy - for which I'm rather proud.

Where the smug emoticon? happy.gif
post #13356 of 17781
I have found ( yet ) another make of shoes,Berwick or Berwick 1707,they are from Spain and they have some nice looking shoes ( in the pictures online ) has anybody ever seen any of their shoes ?,they get some good reviews. I took a chance last week and bought a silk tie off of e;bay from a seller in China,the tie was £2.99 so i thought if it is rubbish or takes months to arrive there is not much lost,well the tie arrived in 5 days and i am happy with it...so sometimes there are good deals to be had.
post #13357 of 17781
Ed Vaughan. I think that a pattern has emerged here, the blokes who were skinheads "back in the day" ( and the school kids like me who were trying to be ) know how to dress smartly,and want to dress smartly.Some of the old clothes/shoes were the smartest styles ever ( IMO), they can be mixed with other clothes to make a smart and age appropriately dressed man.
post #13358 of 17781
flyfronted.Showaddy waddy boneheads,brilliant that really did make me laugh ! ( sad how f***ed up they look ).I agree with what you said about Ivy league and 1960s styles,but it really needs some clothing manufacturers with integrity to produce some well made clothes in these styles,not the cheapo crap that infests the shops now.
post #13359 of 17781
the style emerged in the sixties, but after all the model was the american sportsmen of the fifties. Fitted suits, perfect BD, American brogue or loafer. Clean and short haircut. Simple and at the same Time quite elitist. on the smart end, it Can not ne beaten. Then came the American astronauts who added modernism, and a closer haircut... Still today, if you maintain some elements of the look with style in mind and think about the ageing thing and avoir for example big security boots, you can look great. It is just à question of dosing the elements, and to have a certain sense of smartness
post #13360 of 17781
Clouseau.I agree with what you say,i would add that there were some British clothes in with the American,Crombies for instance,but your conclusions i totally agree with.I posted earlier about Berwick shoes,have you seen any ?,they seem easier to get in England than Bexley and reviews say that they are better than Loake or Cheaney,i would be interested to see some, they have some nice designs.
post #13361 of 17781
The style emerged in England...So it has American origins but with an English twist, of course ! And specific items like the crombie style coat wich is one of my favorites. As i said in my first post, i was a long Time reader of this thread but i did not participated because i thought That Skinhead style was mainly a very British Phenomenon... But after all the style spread worldwide... About the Berwick i just Watched and some look good.
post #13362 of 17781
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerneabbas View Post

I have found ( yet ) another make of shoes,Berwick or Berwick 1707,they are from Spain and they have some nice looking shoes ( in the pictures online ) has anybody ever seen any of their shoes ?,they get some good reviews. I took a chance last week and bought a silk tie off of e;bay from a seller in China,the tie was £2.99 so i thought if it is rubbish or takes months to arrive there is not much lost,well the tie arrived in 5 days and i am happy with it...so sometimes there are good deals to be had.

Discount shoes in Strutton Ground,Victoria stock Berwick Shoes. I was buying Loakes there at the time and I noticed them but only found out more when I googled the brand.
post #13363 of 17781

Back from the Margate weekender and suffering now, cracking weekend and was good to meet up and chat with George, Colin and his wife, who both danced there socks off, fair play!

post #13364 of 17781
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerneabbas View Post

flyfronted.Showaddy waddy boneheads,brilliant that really did make me laugh ! ( sad how f***ed up they look ).I agree with what you said about Ivy league and 1960s styles,but it really needs some clothing manufacturers with integrity to produce some well made clothes in these styles,not the cheapo crap that infests the shops now.

The loon with the facial tatts and the bird who looks more punk than a sort tells me there Oi Boneheads from the late 70s rather than sharp Ivy league influenced lads n girls who the press dubbed skinhead ..

post #13365 of 17781
flyfronted.Yes we thought matey with the face tattoo was an oddball too,it was like some grotesque comedy watching the videos one after the other,did you see the young lady called knuckles ? now she did look scary,with her in front you could clear any end !. whats that business with sticking their tongues out like that ?,and all sitting with their big boots up on the table!.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead