Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:18 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 876post #13126 of 199206/22/13 at 12:13pmKingstonian. The suit in Next was better in colour/pattern but the material was poor,if it goes in the sale for £15 i will have the trousers. The M and S trousers are really nice material and they look good with my semi brogues and a white shirt,i would buy the suit but to be honest it would never get worn,a good price too i thought.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13127 of 199206/22/13 at 12:28pmClouseau. I think that French guys wearing Lacoste instead of Fred Perry makes good sense.I had a navy blue Lacoste in about 1982,very good quality and i liked it,since then i have developed a hatred of logos so i wouldnt buy one now.Now i am going to have to check out the French air force leather jackets.post #13128 of 199206/22/13 at 12:51pmpost #13129 of 199206/22/13 at 1:12pmClouseau, Nice jackets,it must have made a good image with the Lacoste polos and paraboots,makes the statement that yes we are skins but we are French skins ( IMO ).In Italy i have seen gangs of Mod/skin/ street youths wearing polo shirts with red/white/green trim on collar and sleeves,the Italian flag colours to show that they are different.post #13130 of 199206/22/13 at 1:17pmpost #13131 of 199206/22/13 at 1:27pmpost #13132 of 199206/22/13 at 1:28pm
I never had one,but talking of thing I would never wear back in the day that I would have worn since is the Schott "Perfecto" motorcycle jacket.The early 80's Harley guys in Paris always seemed to wear the chocolate Brown ones which I never saw outside of France and really looked great IMO.Like the MA-1 it's a timeless classic.post #13133 of 199206/22/13 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
I know that in England you usually button the polo to the top. This is a rule that comes from mod era, i think.
In my youth here, the rule was to have the top button undone, so that the collar makes a little V (like with a shirt BS style, top button unbuttoned).
Apparently in the time, listening to the Originals, you had in England different ways to adopt the style according to the areas.
Never, ever, did my T shirts up to the top (That's what they were called then !) Yes the Mods did it ,but from my recollection it died out untill the Eighties mostly.Then along with regular shirts being done up to the top (Big Country etc) it seemed to come back.Maybe it was different in other areas,but not for us.It looks to formal IMOQuote:Originally Posted by kashmir
you folks still catching on the more current music or do they become different scenes...? i know classic soul like smokey robinson, the miracles.. but did, say, james brown get some airplay? how bout hendrix? and furthermore the stone roses, massive attack...? too different?
I remember Purple Haze was a popular sound in the Soul clubs back then ,but it was the version by Johnny Jones and the King Casuals not Hendrix.post #13134 of 199206/22/13 at 1:43pmpost #13135 of 199206/22/13 at 1:49pmpost #13136 of 199206/22/13 at 1:57pmpost #13137 of 199206/22/13 at 10:33pm
Absolutely! And if anyone gives me anything red (e.g. a running event t-shirt) I immediately dye it maroon or purple. Yes, pathetic and childish, I know..........
However, it goes beyond football allegiance ....... red just doesn't match anything else in my wardrobe. For the same reason I don't wear anything black, other than shoes or, on a rare occasion, a dinner jacket. I have a predominantly red tie which has navy, sky and white stripes. I bought it solely to wear with the sky blue shirt I had for my Son's rugby tour. The club badge on the shirt is mostly red.
Edited by roytonboy - 6/22/13 at 11:09pmpost #13138 of 199206/22/13 at 11:10pmQuote:
Here's a repeat of a pic, from 1968 or early 1969 I think, of me and 'Cockney Bob' wearing hankies which matched our Ben Shermans. It's been on the thread before, of course.post #13139 of 199206/23/13 at 1:47ampost #13140 of 199206/23/13 at 2:01amEd Vaughan, In the Chelsea picture the lad on the right has a patch on his jeans,a bloke i work with was only saying the other day about those patches that were done on the inside of the jeans,later on i used to keep old jeans and used the back pockets for patches..... and probably looked pretty stupid .A couple of people are wearing those card hats/head band things that one of the newspapers used to give away on cup final day.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Cars We Drive! 22 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Straight Tip Boot and Handsewn Moccasin 10E 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...