Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 876post #13126 of 252006/22/13 at 12:13pmKingstonian. The suit in Next was better in colour/pattern but the material was poor,if it goes in the sale for £15 i will have the trousers. The M and S trousers are really nice material and they look good with my semi brogues and a white shirt,i would buy the suit but to be honest it would never get worn,a good price too i thought.post #13127 of 252006/22/13 at 12:28pmClouseau. I think that French guys wearing Lacoste instead of Fred Perry makes good sense.I had a navy blue Lacoste in about 1982,very good quality and i liked it,since then i have developed a hatred of logos so i wouldnt buy one now.Now i am going to have to check out the French air force leather jackets.post #13128 of 252006/22/13 at 12:51pmpost #13129 of 252006/22/13 at 1:12pmClouseau, Nice jackets,it must have made a good image with the Lacoste polos and paraboots,makes the statement that yes we are skins but we are French skins ( IMO ).In Italy i have seen gangs of Mod/skin/ street youths wearing polo shirts with red/white/green trim on collar and sleeves,the Italian flag colours to show that they are different.post #13130 of 252006/22/13 at 1:17pmpost #13131 of 252006/22/13 at 1:27pmpost #13132 of 252006/22/13 at 1:28pm
I never had one,but talking of thing I would never wear back in the day that I would have worn since is the Schott "Perfecto" motorcycle jacket.The early 80's Harley guys in Paris always seemed to wear the chocolate Brown ones which I never saw outside of France and really looked great IMO.Like the MA-1 it's a timeless classic.post #13133 of 252006/22/13 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
I know that in England you usually button the polo to the top. This is a rule that comes from mod era, i think.
In my youth here, the rule was to have the top button undone, so that the collar makes a little V (like with a shirt BS style, top button unbuttoned).
Apparently in the time, listening to the Originals, you had in England different ways to adopt the style according to the areas.
Never, ever, did my T shirts up to the top (That's what they were called then !) Yes the Mods did it ,but from my recollection it died out untill the Eighties mostly.Then along with regular shirts being done up to the top (Big Country etc) it seemed to come back.Maybe it was different in other areas,but not for us.It looks to formal IMOQuote:Originally Posted by kashmir
you folks still catching on the more current music or do they become different scenes...? i know classic soul like smokey robinson, the miracles.. but did, say, james brown get some airplay? how bout hendrix? and furthermore the stone roses, massive attack...? too different?
I remember Purple Haze was a popular sound in the Soul clubs back then ,but it was the version by Johnny Jones and the King Casuals not Hendrix.post #13134 of 252006/22/13 at 1:43pmpost #13135 of 252006/22/13 at 1:49pmpost #13136 of 252006/22/13 at 1:57pmpost #13137 of 252006/22/13 at 10:33pm
Absolutely! And if anyone gives me anything red (e.g. a running event t-shirt) I immediately dye it maroon or purple. Yes, pathetic and childish, I know..........
However, it goes beyond football allegiance ....... red just doesn't match anything else in my wardrobe. For the same reason I don't wear anything black, other than shoes or, on a rare occasion, a dinner jacket. I have a predominantly red tie which has navy, sky and white stripes. I bought it solely to wear with the sky blue shirt I had for my Son's rugby tour. The club badge on the shirt is mostly red.
Edited by roytonboy - 6/22/13 at 11:09pmpost #13138 of 252006/22/13 at 11:10pmQuote:
Here's a repeat of a pic, from 1968 or early 1969 I think, of me and 'Cockney Bob' wearing hankies which matched our Ben Shermans. It's been on the thread before, of course.post #13139 of 252006/23/13 at 1:47ampost #13140 of 252006/23/13 at 2:01amEd Vaughan, In the Chelsea picture the lad on the right has a patch on his jeans,a bloke i work with was only saying the other day about those patches that were done on the inside of the jeans,later on i used to keep old jeans and used the back pockets for patches..... and probably looked pretty stupid .A couple of people are wearing those card hats/head band things that one of the newspapers used to give away on cup final day.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Pinky toe callus from dress shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...