Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 876post #13126 of 215866/22/13 at 12:13pmKingstonian. The suit in Next was better in colour/pattern but the material was poor,if it goes in the sale for £15 i will have the trousers. The M and S trousers are really nice material and they look good with my semi brogues and a white shirt,i would buy the suit but to be honest it would never get worn,a good price too i thought.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13127 of 215866/22/13 at 12:28pmClouseau. I think that French guys wearing Lacoste instead of Fred Perry makes good sense.I had a navy blue Lacoste in about 1982,very good quality and i liked it,since then i have developed a hatred of logos so i wouldnt buy one now.Now i am going to have to check out the French air force leather jackets.post #13128 of 215866/22/13 at 12:51pmpost #13129 of 215866/22/13 at 1:12pmClouseau, Nice jackets,it must have made a good image with the Lacoste polos and paraboots,makes the statement that yes we are skins but we are French skins ( IMO ).In Italy i have seen gangs of Mod/skin/ street youths wearing polo shirts with red/white/green trim on collar and sleeves,the Italian flag colours to show that they are different.post #13130 of 215866/22/13 at 1:17pmpost #13131 of 215866/22/13 at 1:27pmpost #13132 of 215866/22/13 at 1:28pm
I never had one,but talking of thing I would never wear back in the day that I would have worn since is the Schott "Perfecto" motorcycle jacket.The early 80's Harley guys in Paris always seemed to wear the chocolate Brown ones which I never saw outside of France and really looked great IMO.Like the MA-1 it's a timeless classic.post #13133 of 215866/22/13 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
I know that in England you usually button the polo to the top. This is a rule that comes from mod era, i think.
In my youth here, the rule was to have the top button undone, so that the collar makes a little V (like with a shirt BS style, top button unbuttoned).
Apparently in the time, listening to the Originals, you had in England different ways to adopt the style according to the areas.
Never, ever, did my T shirts up to the top (That's what they were called then !) Yes the Mods did it ,but from my recollection it died out untill the Eighties mostly.Then along with regular shirts being done up to the top (Big Country etc) it seemed to come back.Maybe it was different in other areas,but not for us.It looks to formal IMOQuote:Originally Posted by kashmir
you folks still catching on the more current music or do they become different scenes...? i know classic soul like smokey robinson, the miracles.. but did, say, james brown get some airplay? how bout hendrix? and furthermore the stone roses, massive attack...? too different?
I remember Purple Haze was a popular sound in the Soul clubs back then ,but it was the version by Johnny Jones and the King Casuals not Hendrix.post #13134 of 215866/22/13 at 1:43pmpost #13135 of 215866/22/13 at 1:49pmpost #13136 of 215866/22/13 at 1:57pmpost #13137 of 215866/22/13 at 10:33pm
Absolutely! And if anyone gives me anything red (e.g. a running event t-shirt) I immediately dye it maroon or purple. Yes, pathetic and childish, I know..........
However, it goes beyond football allegiance ....... red just doesn't match anything else in my wardrobe. For the same reason I don't wear anything black, other than shoes or, on a rare occasion, a dinner jacket. I have a predominantly red tie which has navy, sky and white stripes. I bought it solely to wear with the sky blue shirt I had for my Son's rugby tour. The club badge on the shirt is mostly red.
Edited by roytonboy - 6/22/13 at 11:09pmpost #13138 of 215866/22/13 at 11:10pmQuote:
Here's a repeat of a pic, from 1968 or early 1969 I think, of me and 'Cockney Bob' wearing hankies which matched our Ben Shermans. It's been on the thread before, of course.post #13139 of 215866/23/13 at 1:47ampost #13140 of 215866/23/13 at 2:01amEd Vaughan, In the Chelsea picture the lad on the right has a patch on his jeans,a bloke i work with was only saying the other day about those patches that were done on the inside of the jeans,later on i used to keep old jeans and used the back pockets for patches..... and probably looked pretty stupid .A couple of people are wearing those card hats/head band things that one of the newspapers used to give away on cup final day.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 1 minute ago
- › Help Needed to Properly Describe a Corneliani Overcoat 1 minute ago
- › SW&D Sneakers and Trainers Challenge: 1 August – 9 August 2015 6 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 25 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 30 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...