Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 875post #13111 of 195126/22/13 at 8:40amelwood. Saw a tie less Ed Miliband making a speech today ( thankfully no sound on the tv in the gym ), their PR men must have told them that they have to ditch the tie to fit in with the ordinary folk.Well judging by the ordinary folk in Bristol we may soon be seeing MPs wearing jogging bottoms and string vests and making speeches with a roll up in the side of their mouth whilst swigging a tin of White Lightning or similar.On a positive note though it now leaves the tie for us to reclaim,i intend to wear one at every opportunity just to show that i have nothing in common with politicians !. I agree those cartoon ties are ridiculous,and quite unfunny.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13112 of 195126/22/13 at 9:02amelwood. Ha so my school days werent totally wasted...i remembered the cover of Boot Boys ! just to think that the teachers said that i wouldnt amount to anything ! Belts,why is it that belts described as " jeans belts " always seem to narrow for the loops ?. Matching belt colour to shoes isnt usually too bad just black or brown,1 of each for trousers and jeans,but recently i bought some tan coloured longwings ! then although the GF urged caution i decided to have the navy blue longwings as well !. Have you tried to find a mens navy blue leather belt for jeans or trousers ? its like a 3 button blazer,a decent priced easily available longwing brogue a unicorn or a politician wearing a tie,we think they must exist but where to find one ?post #13113 of 195126/22/13 at 9:09ampost #13114 of 195126/22/13 at 9:12amClouseau, An impressive looking longwing.After you mentioned Dexters i did a bit of looking around online and found a few American shoe companies besides the ones we all know ( Florsheim/ Alden / Allen Edmonds ) Nettleton, Stuart Mcguire,Bostonian Freeman and Hanover.I expect that these are well known by the American guys on here and they can probably name more but it made me think how many jobs were lost when these firms out sourced or closed down ?.I would also be interested in your opinions on the question i asked about ties.post #13115 of 195126/22/13 at 9:20ampost #13116 of 195126/22/13 at 9:29ampost #13117 of 195126/22/13 at 9:32ampost #13118 of 195126/22/13 at 9:37ampost #13119 of 195126/22/13 at 9:56ampost #13120 of 195126/22/13 at 10:17amClouseau, Yes i agree with you,it can look a bit over dressed the tie/hankie combination.I agreed with Aces and Eights comment on dressing " subtly " he is so right IMO.As you have mentioned open necks,i always do up all the buttons on a polo shirt,the younger guys i work with always laugh and say its my style but i have always done it,i wonder if others here do the same ?post #13121 of 195126/22/13 at 10:54ampost #13122 of 195126/22/13 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Clouseau, Yes i agree with you,it can look a bit over dressed the tie/hankie combination.I agreed with Aces and Eights comment on dressing " subtly " he is so right IMO.As you have mentioned open necks,i always do up all the buttons on a polo shirt,the younger guys i work with always laugh and say its my style but i have always done it,i wonder if others here do the same ?
I tend to stick by this rule: polos are buttoned to the top under a jacket or a v-neck, but I always leave the top unbuttoned when it's on its own.
Pocket squares: when there is occasion to wear one with a tie, it can't match too closely, or it comes off looking like it came as a shirt/tie/pocket square(hankie) gift box from your first communion. I normally wear a red hankie in the pocket around Christmas.
Just my personal opinion mind, but then again most of us on here are very particular and detail-oriented as far as kit goes.post #13123 of 195126/22/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by kashmir
you folks still catching on the more current music or do they become different scenes...? i know classic soul like smokey robinson, the miracles.. but did, say, james brown get some airplay? how bout hendrix? and furthermore the stone roses, massive attack...? too different?
Here's something new that my buddy Jon released on his California-based label. I think originals and newbies alike would dig this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNpTqWOJ54opost #13124 of 195126/22/13 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
I have been looking for some Prince of Wales check trousers with light blue over check for some time now,last night i found a pair in Marks and Spencers ( yet again ). Trousers are part of a suit in the Sartorial range,you can buy the jacket,waistcoat and trousers seperately.they are in a lightweight wool,flat front and at the moment they are reduced to £63. Next also had a Prince of Wales suit that you could buy the trousers seperately, £45 but they were 50% wool 50% polyester the colour was nice and the cut . I always thought P.O.W check trousers looked good with black brogues and a white button down and maybe a blazer or crombie.
I went to have a look at the Marks suit. It is a subdued PoW. Until you get up close it looks grey. Not the lighter PoW that used to be a favourite. Not a bad suit though.post #13125 of 195126/22/13 at 12:11pm
I know that in England you usually button the polo to the top. This is a rule that comes from mod era, i think.
In my youth here, the rule was to have the top button undone, so that the collar makes a little V (like with a shirt BS style, top button unbuttoned).
Apparently in the time, listening to the Originals, you had in England different ways to adopt the style according to the areas.
As the cult spread to the world in the eighties, each country developed his characteristics, even if skinhead style is very regimental.
For example, in France, there was a crew mid-eighties that wore Lacoste instead of FP, French army boots or Paraboots instead of DMs, and French Air Force leather flight jacket instead of MA1...
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Stephan Scneider Jade Merino V 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 23rd JANUARY - Inspirations 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays