Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 875post #13111 of 234416/22/13 at 8:40amelwood. Saw a tie less Ed Miliband making a speech today ( thankfully no sound on the tv in the gym ), their PR men must have told them that they have to ditch the tie to fit in with the ordinary folk.Well judging by the ordinary folk in Bristol we may soon be seeing MPs wearing jogging bottoms and string vests and making speeches with a roll up in the side of their mouth whilst swigging a tin of White Lightning or similar.On a positive note though it now leaves the tie for us to reclaim,i intend to wear one at every opportunity just to show that i have nothing in common with politicians !. I agree those cartoon ties are ridiculous,and quite unfunny.post #13112 of 234416/22/13 at 9:02amelwood. Ha so my school days werent totally wasted...i remembered the cover of Boot Boys ! just to think that the teachers said that i wouldnt amount to anything ! Belts,why is it that belts described as " jeans belts " always seem to narrow for the loops ?. Matching belt colour to shoes isnt usually too bad just black or brown,1 of each for trousers and jeans,but recently i bought some tan coloured longwings ! then although the GF urged caution i decided to have the navy blue longwings as well !. Have you tried to find a mens navy blue leather belt for jeans or trousers ? its like a 3 button blazer,a decent priced easily available longwing brogue a unicorn or a politician wearing a tie,we think they must exist but where to find one ?post #13113 of 234416/22/13 at 9:09ampost #13114 of 234416/22/13 at 9:12amClouseau, An impressive looking longwing.After you mentioned Dexters i did a bit of looking around online and found a few American shoe companies besides the ones we all know ( Florsheim/ Alden / Allen Edmonds ) Nettleton, Stuart Mcguire,Bostonian Freeman and Hanover.I expect that these are well known by the American guys on here and they can probably name more but it made me think how many jobs were lost when these firms out sourced or closed down ?.I would also be interested in your opinions on the question i asked about ties.post #13115 of 234416/22/13 at 9:20ampost #13116 of 234416/22/13 at 9:29ampost #13117 of 234416/22/13 at 9:32ampost #13118 of 234416/22/13 at 9:37ampost #13119 of 234416/22/13 at 9:56ampost #13120 of 234416/22/13 at 10:17amClouseau, Yes i agree with you,it can look a bit over dressed the tie/hankie combination.I agreed with Aces and Eights comment on dressing " subtly " he is so right IMO.As you have mentioned open necks,i always do up all the buttons on a polo shirt,the younger guys i work with always laugh and say its my style but i have always done it,i wonder if others here do the same ?post #13121 of 234416/22/13 at 10:54ampost #13122 of 234416/22/13 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Clouseau, Yes i agree with you,it can look a bit over dressed the tie/hankie combination.I agreed with Aces and Eights comment on dressing " subtly " he is so right IMO.As you have mentioned open necks,i always do up all the buttons on a polo shirt,the younger guys i work with always laugh and say its my style but i have always done it,i wonder if others here do the same ?
I tend to stick by this rule: polos are buttoned to the top under a jacket or a v-neck, but I always leave the top unbuttoned when it's on its own.
Pocket squares: when there is occasion to wear one with a tie, it can't match too closely, or it comes off looking like it came as a shirt/tie/pocket square(hankie) gift box from your first communion. I normally wear a red hankie in the pocket around Christmas.
Just my personal opinion mind, but then again most of us on here are very particular and detail-oriented as far as kit goes.post #13123 of 234416/22/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by kashmir
you folks still catching on the more current music or do they become different scenes...? i know classic soul like smokey robinson, the miracles.. but did, say, james brown get some airplay? how bout hendrix? and furthermore the stone roses, massive attack...? too different?
Here's something new that my buddy Jon released on his California-based label. I think originals and newbies alike would dig this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNpTqWOJ54opost #13124 of 234416/22/13 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
I have been looking for some Prince of Wales check trousers with light blue over check for some time now,last night i found a pair in Marks and Spencers ( yet again ). Trousers are part of a suit in the Sartorial range,you can buy the jacket,waistcoat and trousers seperately.they are in a lightweight wool,flat front and at the moment they are reduced to £63. Next also had a Prince of Wales suit that you could buy the trousers seperately, £45 but they were 50% wool 50% polyester the colour was nice and the cut . I always thought P.O.W check trousers looked good with black brogues and a white button down and maybe a blazer or crombie.
I went to have a look at the Marks suit. It is a subdued PoW. Until you get up close it looks grey. Not the lighter PoW that used to be a favourite. Not a bad suit though.post #13125 of 234416/22/13 at 12:11pm
I know that in England you usually button the polo to the top. This is a rule that comes from mod era, i think.
In my youth here, the rule was to have the top button undone, so that the collar makes a little V (like with a shirt BS style, top button unbuttoned).
Apparently in the time, listening to the Originals, you had in England different ways to adopt the style according to the areas.
As the cult spread to the world in the eighties, each country developed his characteristics, even if skinhead style is very regimental.
For example, in France, there was a crew mid-eighties that wore Lacoste instead of FP, French army boots or Paraboots instead of DMs, and French Air Force leather flight jacket instead of MA1...
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 8 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 13 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts