The natural caution of someone close to the publishing business who has been involved in copyright and authenticity wrangles.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 865
Styleforum Top Picks
English League Division One match at Maine Road
Manchester City 1 v Leeds United 2.
Police arrest troublemakers in the crowd
Interesting pics, ek77. Illustrates how little segregation of opposing fans there was at that time. Looks to me that this was old Scoreboard End at Maine Road. Clear from 3rd pic that it was a City fan being ejected (scarf colours) but you can see that scarves hung over wall at front of terrace in pic 1 were Leeds - so both sets of fans in same section, which is probably how "disturbance" came about.
One other thought, his crop was pretty short - looks like no.2 or even no.1 to me. Any thoughts from anyone else about this at that time in North (roytonboy or Ed Vaughan)?
Only once, did I ever have mine that short, and that was when a barber I used, not my usual guy, buggered-up my razor parting - it looked like I'd been hit with an axe - so I told him to take the lot off.
I won't labour it as I've mentioned it further back on site, that it had me excluded from school for a week and made me a bit of 'chap'... briefly.
Too short for my liking, but that's OMHO.
Re, segregation: I used to go with United onto the Kippax - but it was huge.
WHU could be a bugger, as could most big London clubs, Smelland Road, too... but we were all young and daft.
Went onto the Gladys at Everton, but never the Kop. Not 'cos we were scared (I was) but because Liverpool Plod, particularly at Anfield, took no prisoners.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 6/15/13 at 3:11am
He will have been wearing monkey boots, unfortunately not in the shot. (Edit: the hand with the wedding band is not his, BTW!!!) Bad cropping.
I'm trying to find the time to transfer slides to the mac as I know I have some old family pics from the period - bear with me.
Also trying to get an ex-gf to get her dad's pic collection for me to see as I know he took loads of her and i back in the day - wish he'd hurry up and peg-out. (He never liked me - and (apparently) still doesn't.)
Jella was much later, hes on here, bottom of phot0, centre, at Cass march, early 80s
Edited by TomMc666 - 6/15/13 at 5:42am
Gsvs5. The last picture made me realise how much fatter people are ( generally ) than we were "back in the day", i remember going into Austins in Bristol for sta prest and the smaller waist sizes were either sold out or only the less popular colours left.I remember my tonics were too big and i had to have darts sewn in them so they would stay up. I can only ever remember a very few fat people then,fat women were a joke for seaside postcards,i can honestly say that i only remember one fat person ( a woman) in our street.The diet was not the same as now and we were all much more physically active.I have to go to the gym and go for runs now to keep my weight down,i think that "our styles" look better on slimmer blokes and girls.
More people eating fast food and the general trend towards wearing clothes that are so fitted to the point of looking too small I think.The boneheads in particular did this to the skinhead style and fucked it up.
Thanks Tom, i just wrongly assumed he was about the same age as me (mid 50's) by the state of him now.I guess that is the toll that years of abuse and a poor health will burden you with.
but were you ever so disbelieving when other new old pics turned up on here?? usally you just ask who has the owner rights..
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Cars We Drive! 12 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 30 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Help Identify this tie please 8 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 8 minutes ago
- › Frederick Scholte 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Grey Suede Chelsea Boot - 8.5UK - Soller Last 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...