The natural caution of someone close to the publishing business who has been involved in copyright and authenticity wrangles.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 865
Styleforum Top Picks
English League Division One match at Maine Road
Manchester City 1 v Leeds United 2.
Police arrest troublemakers in the crowd
Interesting pics, ek77. Illustrates how little segregation of opposing fans there was at that time. Looks to me that this was old Scoreboard End at Maine Road. Clear from 3rd pic that it was a City fan being ejected (scarf colours) but you can see that scarves hung over wall at front of terrace in pic 1 were Leeds - so both sets of fans in same section, which is probably how "disturbance" came about.
One other thought, his crop was pretty short - looks like no.2 or even no.1 to me. Any thoughts from anyone else about this at that time in North (roytonboy or Ed Vaughan)?
Only once, did I ever have mine that short, and that was when a barber I used, not my usual guy, buggered-up my razor parting - it looked like I'd been hit with an axe - so I told him to take the lot off.
I won't labour it as I've mentioned it further back on site, that it had me excluded from school for a week and made me a bit of 'chap'... briefly.
Too short for my liking, but that's OMHO.
Re, segregation: I used to go with United onto the Kippax - but it was huge.
WHU could be a bugger, as could most big London clubs, Smelland Road, too... but we were all young and daft.
Went onto the Gladys at Everton, but never the Kop. Not 'cos we were scared (I was) but because Liverpool Plod, particularly at Anfield, took no prisoners.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 6/15/13 at 3:11am
He will have been wearing monkey boots, unfortunately not in the shot. (Edit: the hand with the wedding band is not his, BTW!!!) Bad cropping.
I'm trying to find the time to transfer slides to the mac as I know I have some old family pics from the period - bear with me.
Also trying to get an ex-gf to get her dad's pic collection for me to see as I know he took loads of her and i back in the day - wish he'd hurry up and peg-out. (He never liked me - and (apparently) still doesn't.)
Jella was much later, hes on here, bottom of phot0, centre, at Cass march, early 80s
Edited by TomMc666 - 6/15/13 at 5:42am
Gsvs5. The last picture made me realise how much fatter people are ( generally ) than we were "back in the day", i remember going into Austins in Bristol for sta prest and the smaller waist sizes were either sold out or only the less popular colours left.I remember my tonics were too big and i had to have darts sewn in them so they would stay up. I can only ever remember a very few fat people then,fat women were a joke for seaside postcards,i can honestly say that i only remember one fat person ( a woman) in our street.The diet was not the same as now and we were all much more physically active.I have to go to the gym and go for runs now to keep my weight down,i think that "our styles" look better on slimmer blokes and girls.
More people eating fast food and the general trend towards wearing clothes that are so fitted to the point of looking too small I think.The boneheads in particular did this to the skinhead style and fucked it up.
Thanks Tom, i just wrongly assumed he was about the same age as me (mid 50's) by the state of him now.I guess that is the toll that years of abuse and a poor health will burden you with.
but were you ever so disbelieving when other new old pics turned up on here?? usally you just ask who has the owner rights..
- Mod to Suedehead
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots 2 minutes ago
- › ModernTailor collars are WRONG! 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Help needed: budget, items and places 9 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 9 minutes ago
- › LA PORTEGNA AT PITTI UOMO 85 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 10 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw