The natural caution of someone close to the publishing business who has been involved in copyright and authenticity wrangles.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 865post #12961 of 243126/14/13 at 11:20pmpost #12962 of 243126/14/13 at 11:22pmpost #12963 of 243126/15/13 at 12:17ampost #12964 of 243126/15/13 at 2:49amQuote:Yes, mate.Originally Posted by elwood
English League Division One match at Maine Road
Manchester City 1 v Leeds United 2.
Police arrest troublemakers in the crowd
Interesting pics, ek77. Illustrates how little segregation of opposing fans there was at that time. Looks to me that this was old Scoreboard End at Maine Road. Clear from 3rd pic that it was a City fan being ejected (scarf colours) but you can see that scarves hung over wall at front of terrace in pic 1 were Leeds - so both sets of fans in same section, which is probably how "disturbance" came about.
One other thought, his crop was pretty short - looks like no.2 or even no.1 to me. Any thoughts from anyone else about this at that time in North (roytonboy or Ed Vaughan)?
Only once, did I ever have mine that short, and that was when a barber I used, not my usual guy, buggered-up my razor parting - it looked like I'd been hit with an axe - so I told him to take the lot off.
I won't labour it as I've mentioned it further back on site, that it had me excluded from school for a week and made me a bit of 'chap'... briefly.
Too short for my liking, but that's OMHO.
Re, segregation: I used to go with United onto the Kippax - but it was huge.
WHU could be a bugger, as could most big London clubs, Smelland Road, too... but we were all young and daft.
Went onto the Gladys at Everton, but never the Kop. Not 'cos we were scared (I was) but because Liverpool Plod, particularly at Anfield, took no prisoners.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 6/15/13 at 3:11ampost #12965 of 243126/15/13 at 3:05amMy brother, aged 11/12 - 1970.
He will have been wearing monkey boots, unfortunately not in the shot. (Edit: the hand with the wedding band is not his, BTW!!!) Bad cropping.
I'm trying to find the time to transfer slides to the mac as I know I have some old family pics from the period - bear with me.
Also trying to get an ex-gf to get her dad's pic collection for me to see as I know he took loads of her and i back in the day - wish he'd hurry up and peg-out. (He never liked me - and (apparently) still doesn't.)post #12966 of 243126/15/13 at 5:30am
Jella was much later, hes on here, bottom of phot0, centre, at Cass march, early 80s
Edited by TomMc666 - 6/15/13 at 5:42ampost #12967 of 243126/15/13 at 8:00amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Gsvs5. The last picture made me realise how much fatter people are ( generally ) than we were "back in the day", i remember going into Austins in Bristol for sta prest and the smaller waist sizes were either sold out or only the less popular colours left.I remember my tonics were too big and i had to have darts sewn in them so they would stay up. I can only ever remember a very few fat people then,fat women were a joke for seaside postcards,i can honestly say that i only remember one fat person ( a woman) in our street.The diet was not the same as now and we were all much more physically active.I have to go to the gym and go for runs now to keep my weight down,i think that "our styles" look better on slimmer blokes and girls.
More people eating fast food and the general trend towards wearing clothes that are so fitted to the point of looking too small I think.The boneheads in particular did this to the skinhead style and fucked it up.Quote:
Thanks Tom, i just wrongly assumed he was about the same age as me (mid 50's) by the state of him now.I guess that is the toll that years of abuse and a poor health will burden you with.post #12968 of 243126/16/13 at 1:49ampost #12969 of 243126/16/13 at 2:25amQuote:
but were you ever so disbelieving when other new old pics turned up on here?? usally you just ask who has the owner rights..post #12970 of 243126/16/13 at 3:17amEd Vaughan, I read the article and no mention of "us", but why ?. Maybe because the general public ( and history ? ) just think of us as big boots,jeans and braces. Lets face it even on this thread about 200 pages of posts seem to be about Dr Martens,so much so that they could have had their own thread ?. The smarter side of "our" style just doesent seem to be interesting to a lot of the people who were not around "back in the day ",whereas us older blokes seem more interested in the smarter clothes ( like we were then).post #12971 of 243126/16/13 at 7:09ampost #12972 of 243126/16/13 at 7:09ampost #12973 of 243126/16/13 at 7:47ampost #12974 of 243126/16/13 at 8:53ampost #12975 of 243126/16/13 at 9:17am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › hiking/backpacking 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › BB Fitzgerald Discontinued? 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...