The natural caution of someone close to the publishing business who has been involved in copyright and authenticity wrangles.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 865post #12961 of 197256/14/13 at 11:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12962 of 197256/14/13 at 11:22pmpost #12963 of 197256/15/13 at 12:17ampost #12964 of 197256/15/13 at 2:49amQuote:Yes, mate.Originally Posted by elwood
English League Division One match at Maine Road
Manchester City 1 v Leeds United 2.
Police arrest troublemakers in the crowd
Interesting pics, ek77. Illustrates how little segregation of opposing fans there was at that time. Looks to me that this was old Scoreboard End at Maine Road. Clear from 3rd pic that it was a City fan being ejected (scarf colours) but you can see that scarves hung over wall at front of terrace in pic 1 were Leeds - so both sets of fans in same section, which is probably how "disturbance" came about.
One other thought, his crop was pretty short - looks like no.2 or even no.1 to me. Any thoughts from anyone else about this at that time in North (roytonboy or Ed Vaughan)?
Only once, did I ever have mine that short, and that was when a barber I used, not my usual guy, buggered-up my razor parting - it looked like I'd been hit with an axe - so I told him to take the lot off.
I won't labour it as I've mentioned it further back on site, that it had me excluded from school for a week and made me a bit of 'chap'... briefly.
Too short for my liking, but that's OMHO.
Re, segregation: I used to go with United onto the Kippax - but it was huge.
WHU could be a bugger, as could most big London clubs, Smelland Road, too... but we were all young and daft.
Went onto the Gladys at Everton, but never the Kop. Not 'cos we were scared (I was) but because Liverpool Plod, particularly at Anfield, took no prisoners.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 6/15/13 at 3:11ampost #12965 of 197256/15/13 at 3:05amMy brother, aged 11/12 - 1970.
He will have been wearing monkey boots, unfortunately not in the shot. (Edit: the hand with the wedding band is not his, BTW!!!) Bad cropping.
I'm trying to find the time to transfer slides to the mac as I know I have some old family pics from the period - bear with me.
Also trying to get an ex-gf to get her dad's pic collection for me to see as I know he took loads of her and i back in the day - wish he'd hurry up and peg-out. (He never liked me - and (apparently) still doesn't.)post #12966 of 197256/15/13 at 5:30am
Jella was much later, hes on here, bottom of phot0, centre, at Cass march, early 80s
Edited by TomMc666 - 6/15/13 at 5:42ampost #12967 of 197256/15/13 at 8:00amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Gsvs5. The last picture made me realise how much fatter people are ( generally ) than we were "back in the day", i remember going into Austins in Bristol for sta prest and the smaller waist sizes were either sold out or only the less popular colours left.I remember my tonics were too big and i had to have darts sewn in them so they would stay up. I can only ever remember a very few fat people then,fat women were a joke for seaside postcards,i can honestly say that i only remember one fat person ( a woman) in our street.The diet was not the same as now and we were all much more physically active.I have to go to the gym and go for runs now to keep my weight down,i think that "our styles" look better on slimmer blokes and girls.
More people eating fast food and the general trend towards wearing clothes that are so fitted to the point of looking too small I think.The boneheads in particular did this to the skinhead style and fucked it up.Quote:
Thanks Tom, i just wrongly assumed he was about the same age as me (mid 50's) by the state of him now.I guess that is the toll that years of abuse and a poor health will burden you with.post #12968 of 197256/16/13 at 1:49ampost #12969 of 197256/16/13 at 2:25amQuote:
but were you ever so disbelieving when other new old pics turned up on here?? usally you just ask who has the owner rights..post #12970 of 197256/16/13 at 3:17amEd Vaughan, I read the article and no mention of "us", but why ?. Maybe because the general public ( and history ? ) just think of us as big boots,jeans and braces. Lets face it even on this thread about 200 pages of posts seem to be about Dr Martens,so much so that they could have had their own thread ?. The smarter side of "our" style just doesent seem to be interesting to a lot of the people who were not around "back in the day ",whereas us older blokes seem more interested in the smarter clothes ( like we were then).post #12971 of 197256/16/13 at 7:09ampost #12972 of 197256/16/13 at 7:09ampost #12973 of 197256/16/13 at 7:47ampost #12974 of 197256/16/13 at 8:53am
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Bubbling on Chest Piece of Jacket [ Moss Bros - Blazer - Grey Suit ] 9 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...