Still mining Getty site ... Carnaby Street 1966. Is the jacket on right the suede one with leather collar often mentioned on here (doesn't look like Levi's to me and might have popper buttons)? (Less said about outfit on left, the better! And trousers on right come to that)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 864
Styleforum Top Picks
On to another question that has been touched on but not really in depth from what I can remember of this thread: color schemes. What looked good together and what wouldn't you pair?
Specific colors of specific clothes has been mentioned (jungle greens, stone Sta-prest, brown/ox blood/black boots) ....but I'd like to hear more of how an outfit was put together if it pleases all.
For example...if you wore let's say black boots with a pair of stone Sta-Prest...were there certain color combinations of shirt, sweater vest/or braces, and Harrington/monkey jacket/whatever type of 'overcoat'....that made you feel especially smart? Or was that thinking too much into it?
Here are a few photos that sum up my recollections of the day.Even though the East End Boys photo is B&W ,you can still see a lot of lighter shades being worn together.I believe this was probably a hangover from Mod.By contrast to later generations interpreting the style,this was a much brighter look.Is that the East End of London I wonder?The lad on the left must have nicked his jacket of a Northener; Seeems like it was National Fair Isle day in Bristol !
Manchester City 1 v Leeds United 2.
Police arrest troublemakers in the crowd
Interesting pics, ek77. Illustrates how little segregation of opposing fans there was at that time. Looks to me that this was old Scoreboard End at Maine Road. Clear from 3rd pic that it was a City fan being ejected (scarf colours) but you can see that scarves hung over wall at front of terrace in pic 1 were Leeds - so both sets of fans in same section, which is probably how "disturbance" came about.
One other thought, his crop was pretty short - looks like no.2 or even no.1 to me. Any thoughts from anyone else about this at that time in North (roytonboy or Ed Vaughan)?
The photo of the Never on Sunday boys featured on the front of Booted & Suited also shows one (worn by a chap called Dave Mealing - who just to even up things was a Rovers' lad).
you picked out the worst example ever... i dont know any nowadays skinheads personally that would dress like these guys.....
There were plenty examples like this all over a mere 10-12 years ago they always used to cite bands like The Templars and Oxblood, but you are right I never saw such examples in recent years in larger groups it seems a lot of them absorbed into psychobilly scenes and such.
Here's a more recent example I believe.( Holland April 2013 )
Still shows little in the way of variation ,colour ,or style in my opinion,which was what my original answer was about.
All I see is Burgundy,Black and Blue
feel free to ask him.. he died in 2004..
photographer/PUBLISHER - like I need to repeat. It's what you do.
- Mod to Suedehead
- › Epaulet Sport Trainer Navy Leather w/Navy Suede SIZE 42.5EU runs... 47 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 55 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 8 minutes ago
- › Question regarding Loding shoes quality and sizing 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Any Italian tailors travel to NYC besides Mina, Formosa and Liverano? 18 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 19 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw