Hi Bunty, well you didn't hear my accent yet...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:29 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 833post #12481 of 229055/19/13 at 2:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12482 of 229055/19/13 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Lasttye.That Schott A2 jacket looks tidy,i like that style of jacket and i always keep an eye out for a good one,maybe i will be lucky one day (same with the made in USA brogues).I know that you said it wasnt skinhead wear,but browniecj said he saw them in East London,bunty posted a story about some of the Mile End mob wearing them on a night out in Waltham cross,and in a book i have by Micky Smith (a West Ham skinhead) called "Want some Aggro,he mentions wearing a US air force leather jacket.So it looks like some skinheads in that area were wearing them,i was wondering if that could be because Silvermans is in Mile End ? they still stock various A2 jackets now,what do you reckon?. Anyway even if they werent worn back then i still think that they look good,McQueen had one in the Great escape and if it was good enough for him then its good enough !
Its a classic jacket, if a Skinhead walked in the pub in the 60s..wearing a A2, lads would have given the jacket the thumbs up am sure of that,post #12483 of 229055/19/13 at 6:59ampost #12484 of 229055/19/13 at 8:40ampost #12485 of 229055/19/13 at 8:46amClouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?post #12486 of 229055/19/13 at 8:50ampost #12487 of 229055/19/13 at 10:00amQuote:
Cerneabbas, These are my Allan Edmounds, The other pic was taken of a pair of Aldens in a London shop.post #12488 of 229055/19/13 at 10:23amLasttye. Your Allan Edmonds are very smart, the Alden ones are tidy too,i think it was easier back then ,Royals were the ONES TO GET (and in the shops)now there is nice ones but they are not easily available.I want to make the right choice and get one good pair at 55 they are going to see me out !post #12489 of 229055/19/13 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Clouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?
We wore pinstripe trousers with crombie and either black DM's or brogues. The umbrella, red sox and hanky was a bit
too elaborate for us at the time (Don't forget we were not English, and were second generation skins)....
I heard about Bexley, and i saw them in shops, but i never own shoes of that brand, so i can't tell you more about that brand Cerneabbas. I must say i prefer English or American made brogues. In the eighties, at least here in France, we wore Brogues made by Dexter, an American brand that wasn't too expensive. And the real smart guys wore (and still wear) Chrurches...post #12490 of 229055/19/13 at 11:12am
Interesting that Steve McQueen wore his own clothes in his films.I guess the costumes person thought"He's got a better look than I could give him" I do think it was fairly easy to look cool with the choice of styles for men in the 60's.Still the best decade for mens fashion,I feel.Nice to have a French perspective Clouseau.post #12491 of 229055/19/13 at 11:25ampost #12492 of 229055/19/13 at 11:49ampost #12493 of 229055/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #12494 of 229055/19/13 at 12:24pmHello Clouseau,welcome aboard.It is interesting that the later French Skins caught onto the Pin-Stripes.Before Tonik Mohair was seen in larger amounts,you had plain coloured Mohair Suits and(before the Skinhead took form)some Patterned Suits.One of them was Pin-Stripe.This was not hugely favourite but I did see at least one Mod wearing it(about`67 ish).It was a re-run of the earlier Mod "City Type"Fashion-complete with Bowler Hats.Though the second time around,these were dropped.post #12495 of 229055/19/13 at 12:36pm
it's interesting to hear your explanation about Pinstripe, from mod to skin. One thing for sure: those trousers came from England! I bought mine in an indoor market (i don't remember where) in London maybe in 1981 or 1982...
Anyway, sadly i must say that most of the French crews at the time wore the classic combo: boots, jeans, and MA1...
- Mod to Suedehead
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 5 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 18 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 21 minutes ago
- › Shirt fit on suit when leaving collar unbuttoned 30 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...