Hi Bunty, well you didn't hear my accent yet...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 833post #12481 of 197635/19/13 at 2:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12482 of 197635/19/13 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Lasttye.That Schott A2 jacket looks tidy,i like that style of jacket and i always keep an eye out for a good one,maybe i will be lucky one day (same with the made in USA brogues).I know that you said it wasnt skinhead wear,but browniecj said he saw them in East London,bunty posted a story about some of the Mile End mob wearing them on a night out in Waltham cross,and in a book i have by Micky Smith (a West Ham skinhead) called "Want some Aggro,he mentions wearing a US air force leather jacket.So it looks like some skinheads in that area were wearing them,i was wondering if that could be because Silvermans is in Mile End ? they still stock various A2 jackets now,what do you reckon?. Anyway even if they werent worn back then i still think that they look good,McQueen had one in the Great escape and if it was good enough for him then its good enough !
Its a classic jacket, if a Skinhead walked in the pub in the 60s..wearing a A2, lads would have given the jacket the thumbs up am sure of that,post #12483 of 197635/19/13 at 6:59ampost #12484 of 197635/19/13 at 8:40ampost #12485 of 197635/19/13 at 8:46amClouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?post #12486 of 197635/19/13 at 8:50ampost #12487 of 197635/19/13 at 10:00amQuote:
Cerneabbas, These are my Allan Edmounds, The other pic was taken of a pair of Aldens in a London shop.post #12488 of 197635/19/13 at 10:23amLasttye. Your Allan Edmonds are very smart, the Alden ones are tidy too,i think it was easier back then ,Royals were the ONES TO GET (and in the shops)now there is nice ones but they are not easily available.I want to make the right choice and get one good pair at 55 they are going to see me out !post #12489 of 197635/19/13 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Clouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?
We wore pinstripe trousers with crombie and either black DM's or brogues. The umbrella, red sox and hanky was a bit
too elaborate for us at the time (Don't forget we were not English, and were second generation skins)....
I heard about Bexley, and i saw them in shops, but i never own shoes of that brand, so i can't tell you more about that brand Cerneabbas. I must say i prefer English or American made brogues. In the eighties, at least here in France, we wore Brogues made by Dexter, an American brand that wasn't too expensive. And the real smart guys wore (and still wear) Chrurches...post #12490 of 197635/19/13 at 11:12am
Interesting that Steve McQueen wore his own clothes in his films.I guess the costumes person thought"He's got a better look than I could give him" I do think it was fairly easy to look cool with the choice of styles for men in the 60's.Still the best decade for mens fashion,I feel.Nice to have a French perspective Clouseau.post #12491 of 197635/19/13 at 11:25ampost #12492 of 197635/19/13 at 11:49ampost #12493 of 197635/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #12494 of 197635/19/13 at 12:24pmHello Clouseau,welcome aboard.It is interesting that the later French Skins caught onto the Pin-Stripes.Before Tonik Mohair was seen in larger amounts,you had plain coloured Mohair Suits and(before the Skinhead took form)some Patterned Suits.One of them was Pin-Stripe.This was not hugely favourite but I did see at least one Mod wearing it(about`67 ish).It was a re-run of the earlier Mod "City Type"Fashion-complete with Bowler Hats.Though the second time around,these were dropped.post #12495 of 197635/19/13 at 12:36pm
it's interesting to hear your explanation about Pinstripe, from mod to skin. One thing for sure: those trousers came from England! I bought mine in an indoor market (i don't remember where) in London maybe in 1981 or 1982...
Anyway, sadly i must say that most of the French crews at the time wore the classic combo: boots, jeans, and MA1...
- Mod to Suedehead
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Anyone interested in joining me in a bulk order of 13" Tailors'... 1 minute ago
- › The ugliest pair of shoes I own 2 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 3 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...