Hi Bunty, well you didn't hear my accent yet...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 833
Styleforum Top Picks
Lasttye.That Schott A2 jacket looks tidy,i like that style of jacket and i always keep an eye out for a good one,maybe i will be lucky one day (same with the made in USA brogues).I know that you said it wasnt skinhead wear,but browniecj said he saw them in East London,bunty posted a story about some of the Mile End mob wearing them on a night out in Waltham cross,and in a book i have by Micky Smith (a West Ham skinhead) called "Want some Aggro,he mentions wearing a US air force leather jacket.So it looks like some skinheads in that area were wearing them,i was wondering if that could be because Silvermans is in Mile End ? they still stock various A2 jackets now,what do you reckon?. Anyway even if they werent worn back then i still think that they look good,McQueen had one in the Great escape and if it was good enough for him then its good enough !
Its a classic jacket, if a Skinhead walked in the pub in the 60s..wearing a A2, lads would have given the jacket the thumbs up am sure of that,
Cerneabbas, These are my Allan Edmounds, The other pic was taken of a pair of Aldens in a London shop.
Clouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?
We wore pinstripe trousers with crombie and either black DM's or brogues. The umbrella, red sox and hanky was a bit
too elaborate for us at the time (Don't forget we were not English, and were second generation skins)....
I heard about Bexley, and i saw them in shops, but i never own shoes of that brand, so i can't tell you more about that brand Cerneabbas. I must say i prefer English or American made brogues. In the eighties, at least here in France, we wore Brogues made by Dexter, an American brand that wasn't too expensive. And the real smart guys wore (and still wear) Chrurches...
Interesting that Steve McQueen wore his own clothes in his films.I guess the costumes person thought"He's got a better look than I could give him" I do think it was fairly easy to look cool with the choice of styles for men in the 60's.Still the best decade for mens fashion,I feel.Nice to have a French perspective Clouseau.
it's interesting to hear your explanation about Pinstripe, from mod to skin. One thing for sure: those trousers came from England! I bought mine in an indoor market (i don't remember where) in London maybe in 1981 or 1982...
Anyway, sadly i must say that most of the French crews at the time wore the classic combo: boots, jeans, and MA1...
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Newcastle vs Hull live 17 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Watch Bury V Burton Live Football Match Saturday 20-Sep-2014 1 minute ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Burnley vs Sunderland live 1 minute ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Aston Villa vs Arsenal live 2 minutes ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Wolves vs Bolton live 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Sheff Wed vs Reading live 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Crockett and Jones Blue Suede Hartlands, Size 11 US, Price... 4 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)