Hi Bunty, well you didn't hear my accent yet...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:52 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 833post #12481 of 215805/19/13 at 2:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12482 of 215805/19/13 at 3:26amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Lasttye.That Schott A2 jacket looks tidy,i like that style of jacket and i always keep an eye out for a good one,maybe i will be lucky one day (same with the made in USA brogues).I know that you said it wasnt skinhead wear,but browniecj said he saw them in East London,bunty posted a story about some of the Mile End mob wearing them on a night out in Waltham cross,and in a book i have by Micky Smith (a West Ham skinhead) called "Want some Aggro,he mentions wearing a US air force leather jacket.So it looks like some skinheads in that area were wearing them,i was wondering if that could be because Silvermans is in Mile End ? they still stock various A2 jackets now,what do you reckon?. Anyway even if they werent worn back then i still think that they look good,McQueen had one in the Great escape and if it was good enough for him then its good enough !
Its a classic jacket, if a Skinhead walked in the pub in the 60s..wearing a A2, lads would have given the jacket the thumbs up am sure of that,post #12483 of 215805/19/13 at 6:59ampost #12484 of 215805/19/13 at 8:40ampost #12485 of 215805/19/13 at 8:46amClouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?post #12486 of 215805/19/13 at 8:50ampost #12487 of 215805/19/13 at 10:00amQuote:
Cerneabbas, These are my Allan Edmounds, The other pic was taken of a pair of Aldens in a London shop.post #12488 of 215805/19/13 at 10:23amLasttye. Your Allan Edmonds are very smart, the Alden ones are tidy too,i think it was easier back then ,Royals were the ONES TO GET (and in the shops)now there is nice ones but they are not easily available.I want to make the right choice and get one good pair at 55 they are going to see me out !post #12489 of 215805/19/13 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Clouseau. I think that the pinstripe trousers with brogues and a crombie sound s good,red socks and a red pocket handkerchief,and an umbrella ?. Where did you French guys get your brogues ?in England or France?, Kingstonian on here mentioned a French brand "Bexley" the pictures looked good do you know the make ? any comments about them ?
We wore pinstripe trousers with crombie and either black DM's or brogues. The umbrella, red sox and hanky was a bit
too elaborate for us at the time (Don't forget we were not English, and were second generation skins)....
I heard about Bexley, and i saw them in shops, but i never own shoes of that brand, so i can't tell you more about that brand Cerneabbas. I must say i prefer English or American made brogues. In the eighties, at least here in France, we wore Brogues made by Dexter, an American brand that wasn't too expensive. And the real smart guys wore (and still wear) Chrurches...post #12490 of 215805/19/13 at 11:12am
Interesting that Steve McQueen wore his own clothes in his films.I guess the costumes person thought"He's got a better look than I could give him" I do think it was fairly easy to look cool with the choice of styles for men in the 60's.Still the best decade for mens fashion,I feel.Nice to have a French perspective Clouseau.post #12491 of 215805/19/13 at 11:25ampost #12492 of 215805/19/13 at 11:49ampost #12493 of 215805/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #12494 of 215805/19/13 at 12:24pmHello Clouseau,welcome aboard.It is interesting that the later French Skins caught onto the Pin-Stripes.Before Tonik Mohair was seen in larger amounts,you had plain coloured Mohair Suits and(before the Skinhead took form)some Patterned Suits.One of them was Pin-Stripe.This was not hugely favourite but I did see at least one Mod wearing it(about`67 ish).It was a re-run of the earlier Mod "City Type"Fashion-complete with Bowler Hats.Though the second time around,these were dropped.post #12495 of 215805/19/13 at 12:36pm
it's interesting to hear your explanation about Pinstripe, from mod to skin. One thing for sure: those trousers came from England! I bought mine in an indoor market (i don't remember where) in London maybe in 1981 or 1982...
Anyway, sadly i must say that most of the French crews at the time wore the classic combo: boots, jeans, and MA1...
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Tellason Ladbrok Grove Slim Tapered 35 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...