July 1968. Riders very big here too (at the same time as Monkey boots) then the heavier boots, think it was the other way round for lots of areas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 831post #12451 of 213725/16/13 at 1:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12452 of 213725/16/13 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bob the Badger
On the subject of boots does anyone remember wearing jodphur boots? This was almost pre-skinhead in about 1968. I bought mine from a proper equestrian shop near where I lived and I reckon I had the best pair around. They were brown leather, elasticated sides and had a rounded toe rather than the chisel toe the late mods were wearing. I put blakeys on mine because they weren't cheap and they needed to last. DM jodphurs became popular later.
My first thoughts from that description is a dealer boot, the fact that you bought them from a equestrian shop would suggest differences? i always think of dealers being a heavyish boot? I know gaggle.com can be random, it threw up a few different styles under the dealer boot search i put inpost #12453 of 213725/16/13 at 5:17pmI had a pr of Brown Jodhpur boots also Bob.very hard stiff leather upper and soles,with a nice almond shaped toe.again purchased from a Riding shop in town.very different from Dealer boots,with a smooth clean look.only worn with jeans though-never suits like the mods.
I just remembered that they were really popular with the Birmingham lads first,and it was a giveaway that you were from there early on.That and Yellow Harringtons for some reason?
The DM ones were never seen .post #12454 of 213725/16/13 at 5:31pmpost #12455 of 213725/16/13 at 5:36pmpost #12456 of 213725/17/13 at 1:39amQuote:
Yes, mine were very similar to the ones on the left. Bloody difficult to get on but comfortable once you did so. The DM version I remember from about 1975 when my brother bought a pair for work. I didn't rate the DM's. I did hear the term 'riders' and many called them (mistakenly) chelsea boots after the mod version with the chisel toe.post #12457 of 213725/17/13 at 7:21ampost #12458 of 213725/17/13 at 7:32ampost #12459 of 213725/17/13 at 9:42ampost #12460 of 213725/17/13 at 10:38ampost #12461 of 213725/17/13 at 12:08pmpost #12462 of 213725/17/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Good looking pair of jeans Lasttye. I would like a pair of those. I expect they cost you a few bob? Where did you buy them? I need a new pair of good quality jeans and Lee are my jeans of choice.post #12463 of 213725/17/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
I have half a dozen pairs of Japanese Jeans, The above was imported from Japan, cost around £140, They are near impossible to buy outside Japan, Prices are around £250 to £300,
I just got hold of a pair of Studio D Artisan, Get Smart/Jason who gets on here got me a pair when he was in Japan..and sent them to me, saved me about £120.
I have built up a relationship with a salesperson at Samurai over the years and have no problem with getting hold of them...a lot cheaper than buying them in a shop.
Samurai SO510XXpost #12464 of 213725/17/13 at 3:20pmpost #12465 of 213725/17/13 at 8:19pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 13 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...