July 1968. Riders very big here too (at the same time as Monkey boots) then the heavier boots, think it was the other way round for lots of areas?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 831
Styleforum Top Picks
On the subject of boots does anyone remember wearing jodphur boots? This was almost pre-skinhead in about 1968. I bought mine from a proper equestrian shop near where I lived and I reckon I had the best pair around. They were brown leather, elasticated sides and had a rounded toe rather than the chisel toe the late mods were wearing. I put blakeys on mine because they weren't cheap and they needed to last. DM jodphurs became popular later.
My first thoughts from that description is a dealer boot, the fact that you bought them from a equestrian shop would suggest differences? i always think of dealers being a heavyish boot? I know gaggle.com can be random, it threw up a few different styles under the dealer boot search i put in
I just remembered that they were really popular with the Birmingham lads first,and it was a giveaway that you were from there early on.That and Yellow Harringtons for some reason?
The DM ones were never seen .
Yes, mine were very similar to the ones on the left. Bloody difficult to get on but comfortable once you did so. The DM version I remember from about 1975 when my brother bought a pair for work. I didn't rate the DM's. I did hear the term 'riders' and many called them (mistakenly) chelsea boots after the mod version with the chisel toe.
Good looking pair of jeans Lasttye. I would like a pair of those. I expect they cost you a few bob? Where did you buy them? I need a new pair of good quality jeans and Lee are my jeans of choice.
I have half a dozen pairs of Japanese Jeans, The above was imported from Japan, cost around £140, They are near impossible to buy outside Japan, Prices are around £250 to £300,
I just got hold of a pair of Studio D Artisan, Get Smart/Jason who gets on here got me a pair when he was in Japan..and sent them to me, saved me about £120.
I have built up a relationship with a salesperson at Samurai over the years and have no problem with getting hold of them...a lot cheaper than buying them in a shop.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 21 seconds ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Troon single monks. F82 last. Size 8.5/9. Dark oak... 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...