Bob the Badger.I didnt ever see boots like that down here,but i did have a pair of black oxford shoes with a toe cap seam like that,i remember people saying that they looked like grandad shoes,i could get a good shine on them though.I remember the blakeys,when we got our shoes reheeled they would cut a steel piece into the back called it a quarter tip,there was also one they did at the front that they nailed on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 827
Styleforum Top Picks
Lasttye.They are tidy jackets,it was impressive to see loads of lads wearing them when i hadnt seen them before.About 12 or 13 years ago i went with my son to the "War and Peace" show in Kent,its for reenactors and there was a massive military vehicle show.There was also masses of stalls selling military surplus and military style clothes and kit,there was merchants from all over Europe.I spotted one bloke selling M1 style jackets in Flecktarn camouflage (what the German army wear now) so i think thats unusual i will get one,my boy said dont bother,but i got one.I took it home put it on a hangar and hung it in a cupboard and its stayed there ever since,never worn it !
War and Peace carneabbas been there a couple of times, its the Worlds biggest Military show ..people camp there for a week....fantastic time if the weather it good, you can buy anything there including Tanks,
I camped down there one weekend, the evenings have loads of bars and a main hall disco people dress up from Romans to Vietnam clobber on..a true education,
The MA1 in the 80s was standard kit for Skinheads and off duty Soldiers.
Edited by Lasttye - 5/13/13 at 9:12am
elwood. I wonder if you can still get West ? I am going to have to ask in John Lewis or Debenhams,must try and get some Brut i didnt know that they still made it.Sorry about your weekend being spoilt by Wigan,about Malcolm Allison he did come and manage Bristol Rovers when they were playing at Bath in the 90s.Those pictures you put up of mods at Brighton,those white helmets look like the ones the Royal Marines wear (dont worry i am not going back to army surplus shops) was that what the local police in Brighton wore in the 60s i wonder?.
The Brighton Police wore white helmets during the summer to reflect the sun. This ceased in 1968. It was also to give a 'good guy' image - that also ceased in1968
When I was about 10 about 1964 we was down Brighton for the day and my dad pointed out a group of white helmeted policemen and the Sergeant among them was around 6'6" tall and very heavily built and my dad said they won't stand any nonsense from those Mods & Rockers. we did not see any action as I suppose as a family my dad steered us in the right direction. But I remember thinking that I hoped that big old copped got a thump as the Mods 7 Rockers were my heroes even at that age
Aces and Eights. You mentioned Henry Cooper,i sat down with a beer and watched Cooper v Bugner on youtube last week.I prefer watching 70s boxing especially with Ali or George Foreman and 70s football matches...i suppose because it was "my time" but i can relate to it better than modern sport.
There were great fighters in the 60s & 70s and I think people were genuinely interested then because there was only 1 world title per weight. Now days I haven't a clue whos champion
Henry and his brother George were both from round my way and locals that knew them said they were decent blokes. It was said that when they were younger George was the more promising boxer
The small bottle Brut also had the silver chain and plaque around its neck. It was 10 bob in 1969 an absolute fortune
OK Re jungle greens.Late 70's early 80's had them as they were "punk rock" easy and cheap to get.My ex wore hers with DM's(low and high) .Bought a new Green (with orange lining) Flight jacket in 1991 ,lost it sometime,wish I still had it.Excellent jacket.Looks cool and useful(my main reason for wearing Military gear).Don't favor ironing jeans or greens. Lasttye,nice pic,good to see one of the originals goin' to an Oi show.Your never too old to Rock and Roll.
Now that's just showing off!
I like all of them.
What jeans are you wearing?
Thank you gents. Yeah really dig the Loakes. Aside from the black Aldens, they're my daily go-to's.
Jeans are Albam regular leg jeans http://www.albamclothing.com/product/18156/japanese-denim/regular-leg-jean.asp
They have a couple bits and bobs that are nice though most is hipster/urban lumberjack fare. They're located in Beak Street at the end of Carnaby near the old Stone Island shop.
Bob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.
Funny you should mention those, me work mate mentioned last week that he was after a pair of boots, Chelsea style but with laces, all leather, i told him he was probably looking at 150 upwards which he baulked at, had a look around for him and that was the case till last nite when i checked out Silvermans, 115 i think for the booted version, he liked them and said he was going to be nice to his Mrs for a while
- Mod to Suedehead
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 9 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 24 seconds ago
- › Definitive Guide to Montreal Shopping 48 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases 59 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Pupal Sweater Size III Melange Grey/Purple 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw