Bob the Badger.I didnt ever see boots like that down here,but i did have a pair of black oxford shoes with a toe cap seam like that,i remember people saying that they looked like grandad shoes,i could get a good shine on them though.I remember the blakeys,when we got our shoes reheeled they would cut a steel piece into the back called it a quarter tip,there was also one they did at the front that they nailed on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 827post #12391 of 243125/13/13 at 6:33ampost #12392 of 243125/13/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Lasttye.They are tidy jackets,it was impressive to see loads of lads wearing them when i hadnt seen them before.About 12 or 13 years ago i went with my son to the "War and Peace" show in Kent,its for reenactors and there was a massive military vehicle show.There was also masses of stalls selling military surplus and military style clothes and kit,there was merchants from all over Europe.I spotted one bloke selling M1 style jackets in Flecktarn camouflage (what the German army wear now) so i think thats unusual i will get one,my boy said dont bother,but i got one.I took it home put it on a hangar and hung it in a cupboard and its stayed there ever since,never worn it !
War and Peace carneabbas been there a couple of times, its the Worlds biggest Military show ..people camp there for a week....fantastic time if the weather it good, you can buy anything there including Tanks,
I camped down there one weekend, the evenings have loads of bars and a main hall disco people dress up from Romans to Vietnam clobber on..a true education,
The MA1 in the 80s was standard kit for Skinheads and off duty Soldiers.
Edited by Lasttye - 5/13/13 at 9:12ampost #12393 of 243125/13/13 at 7:06ampost #12394 of 243125/13/13 at 9:19amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
elwood. I wonder if you can still get West ? I am going to have to ask in John Lewis or Debenhams,must try and get some Brut i didnt know that they still made it.Sorry about your weekend being spoilt by Wigan,about Malcolm Allison he did come and manage Bristol Rovers when they were playing at Bath in the 90s.Those pictures you put up of mods at Brighton,those white helmets look like the ones the Royal Marines wear (dont worry i am not going back to army surplus shops) was that what the local police in Brighton wore in the 60s i wonder?.
The Brighton Police wore white helmets during the summer to reflect the sun. This ceased in 1968. It was also to give a 'good guy' image - that also ceased in1968
When I was about 10 about 1964 we was down Brighton for the day and my dad pointed out a group of white helmeted policemen and the Sergeant among them was around 6'6" tall and very heavily built and my dad said they won't stand any nonsense from those Mods & Rockers. we did not see any action as I suppose as a family my dad steered us in the right direction. But I remember thinking that I hoped that big old copped got a thump as the Mods 7 Rockers were my heroes even at that agepost #12395 of 243125/13/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Aces and Eights. You mentioned Henry Cooper,i sat down with a beer and watched Cooper v Bugner on youtube last week.I prefer watching 70s boxing especially with Ali or George Foreman and 70s football matches...i suppose because it was "my time" but i can relate to it better than modern sport.
There were great fighters in the 60s & 70s and I think people were genuinely interested then because there was only 1 world title per weight. Now days I haven't a clue whos champion
Henry and his brother George were both from round my way and locals that knew them said they were decent blokes. It was said that when they were younger George was the more promising boxerpost #12396 of 243125/13/13 at 9:29amQuote:
The small bottle Brut also had the silver chain and plaque around its neck. It was 10 bob in 1969 an absolute fortunepost #12397 of 243125/13/13 at 11:34am
OK Re jungle greens.Late 70's early 80's had them as they were "punk rock" easy and cheap to get.My ex wore hers with DM's(low and high) .Bought a new Green (with orange lining) Flight jacket in 1991 ,lost it sometime,wish I still had it.Excellent jacket.Looks cool and useful(my main reason for wearing Military gear).Don't favor ironing jeans or greens. Lasttye,nice pic,good to see one of the originals goin' to an Oi show.Your never too old to Rock and Roll.post #12398 of 243125/13/13 at 11:48ampost #12399 of 243125/13/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Now that's just showing off!
I like all of them.
What jeans are you wearing?post #12400 of 243125/13/13 at 12:17pmpost #12401 of 243125/13/13 at 12:18pmBotolph.Well done mate,brilliant work.Should make things easier when you can make comparisons,however as Bob the Badger has said i like them all too.One interesting point is that the Loakes dont look bad at all even compared to some top notch shoes,interesting and the pics will help me make my choice.post #12402 of 243125/13/13 at 1:18pmBob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.post #12403 of 243125/13/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
Thank you gents. Yeah really dig the Loakes. Aside from the black Aldens, they're my daily go-to's.
Jeans are Albam regular leg jeans http://www.albamclothing.com/product/18156/japanese-denim/regular-leg-jean.asp
They have a couple bits and bobs that are nice though most is hipster/urban lumberjack fare. They're located in Beak Street at the end of Carnaby near the old Stone Island shop.post #12404 of 243125/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Bob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.
Funny you should mention those, me work mate mentioned last week that he was after a pair of boots, Chelsea style but with laces, all leather, i told him he was probably looking at 150 upwards which he baulked at, had a look around for him and that was the case till last nite when i checked out Silvermans, 115 i think for the booted version, he liked them and said he was going to be nice to his Mrs for a whilepost #12405 of 243125/13/13 at 2:33pmBasset. If the leather is still as good quality as the shoes that i used to have i think they will be a bargain,i remember they used to really shine up...smart shoes with trousers dont think they would look right with jeans ( but thats only my opinion).I noticed that you have some inkwork in one picture,where do you go ? i have a days holiday tomorrow going to Wales (its bound to rain !) to see a tattooist i have been to before.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Apple iPhone 6 Plus - 64GB - Space Gray (AT&T) Smartphone 9 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Paying 50 bucks to who can identify this shoe 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Deconstructed Z Zegna suit 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...