Bob the Badger.I didnt ever see boots like that down here,but i did have a pair of black oxford shoes with a toe cap seam like that,i remember people saying that they looked like grandad shoes,i could get a good shine on them though.I remember the blakeys,when we got our shoes reheeled they would cut a steel piece into the back called it a quarter tip,there was also one they did at the front that they nailed on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 827post #12391 of 229365/13/13 at 6:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12392 of 229365/13/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Lasttye.They are tidy jackets,it was impressive to see loads of lads wearing them when i hadnt seen them before.About 12 or 13 years ago i went with my son to the "War and Peace" show in Kent,its for reenactors and there was a massive military vehicle show.There was also masses of stalls selling military surplus and military style clothes and kit,there was merchants from all over Europe.I spotted one bloke selling M1 style jackets in Flecktarn camouflage (what the German army wear now) so i think thats unusual i will get one,my boy said dont bother,but i got one.I took it home put it on a hangar and hung it in a cupboard and its stayed there ever since,never worn it !
War and Peace carneabbas been there a couple of times, its the Worlds biggest Military show ..people camp there for a week....fantastic time if the weather it good, you can buy anything there including Tanks,
I camped down there one weekend, the evenings have loads of bars and a main hall disco people dress up from Romans to Vietnam clobber on..a true education,
The MA1 in the 80s was standard kit for Skinheads and off duty Soldiers.
Edited by Lasttye - 5/13/13 at 9:12ampost #12393 of 229365/13/13 at 7:06ampost #12394 of 229365/13/13 at 9:19amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
elwood. I wonder if you can still get West ? I am going to have to ask in John Lewis or Debenhams,must try and get some Brut i didnt know that they still made it.Sorry about your weekend being spoilt by Wigan,about Malcolm Allison he did come and manage Bristol Rovers when they were playing at Bath in the 90s.Those pictures you put up of mods at Brighton,those white helmets look like the ones the Royal Marines wear (dont worry i am not going back to army surplus shops) was that what the local police in Brighton wore in the 60s i wonder?.
The Brighton Police wore white helmets during the summer to reflect the sun. This ceased in 1968. It was also to give a 'good guy' image - that also ceased in1968
When I was about 10 about 1964 we was down Brighton for the day and my dad pointed out a group of white helmeted policemen and the Sergeant among them was around 6'6" tall and very heavily built and my dad said they won't stand any nonsense from those Mods & Rockers. we did not see any action as I suppose as a family my dad steered us in the right direction. But I remember thinking that I hoped that big old copped got a thump as the Mods 7 Rockers were my heroes even at that agepost #12395 of 229365/13/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Aces and Eights. You mentioned Henry Cooper,i sat down with a beer and watched Cooper v Bugner on youtube last week.I prefer watching 70s boxing especially with Ali or George Foreman and 70s football matches...i suppose because it was "my time" but i can relate to it better than modern sport.
There were great fighters in the 60s & 70s and I think people were genuinely interested then because there was only 1 world title per weight. Now days I haven't a clue whos champion
Henry and his brother George were both from round my way and locals that knew them said they were decent blokes. It was said that when they were younger George was the more promising boxerpost #12396 of 229365/13/13 at 9:29amQuote:
The small bottle Brut also had the silver chain and plaque around its neck. It was 10 bob in 1969 an absolute fortunepost #12397 of 229365/13/13 at 11:34am
OK Re jungle greens.Late 70's early 80's had them as they were "punk rock" easy and cheap to get.My ex wore hers with DM's(low and high) .Bought a new Green (with orange lining) Flight jacket in 1991 ,lost it sometime,wish I still had it.Excellent jacket.Looks cool and useful(my main reason for wearing Military gear).Don't favor ironing jeans or greens. Lasttye,nice pic,good to see one of the originals goin' to an Oi show.Your never too old to Rock and Roll.post #12398 of 229365/13/13 at 11:48ampost #12399 of 229365/13/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Now that's just showing off!
I like all of them.
What jeans are you wearing?post #12400 of 229365/13/13 at 12:17pmpost #12401 of 229365/13/13 at 12:18pmBotolph.Well done mate,brilliant work.Should make things easier when you can make comparisons,however as Bob the Badger has said i like them all too.One interesting point is that the Loakes dont look bad at all even compared to some top notch shoes,interesting and the pics will help me make my choice.post #12402 of 229365/13/13 at 1:18pmBob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.post #12403 of 229365/13/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
Thank you gents. Yeah really dig the Loakes. Aside from the black Aldens, they're my daily go-to's.
Jeans are Albam regular leg jeans http://www.albamclothing.com/product/18156/japanese-denim/regular-leg-jean.asp
They have a couple bits and bobs that are nice though most is hipster/urban lumberjack fare. They're located in Beak Street at the end of Carnaby near the old Stone Island shop.post #12404 of 229365/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Bob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.
Funny you should mention those, me work mate mentioned last week that he was after a pair of boots, Chelsea style but with laces, all leather, i told him he was probably looking at 150 upwards which he baulked at, had a look around for him and that was the case till last nite when i checked out Silvermans, 115 i think for the booted version, he liked them and said he was going to be nice to his Mrs for a whilepost #12405 of 229365/13/13 at 2:33pmBasset. If the leather is still as good quality as the shoes that i used to have i think they will be a bargain,i remember they used to really shine up...smart shoes with trousers dont think they would look right with jeans ( but thats only my opinion).I noticed that you have some inkwork in one picture,where do you go ? i have a days holiday tomorrow going to Wales (its bound to rain !) to see a tattooist i have been to before.
- Mod to Suedehead
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 34 seconds ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...