Bob the Badger.I didnt ever see boots like that down here,but i did have a pair of black oxford shoes with a toe cap seam like that,i remember people saying that they looked like grandad shoes,i could get a good shine on them though.I remember the blakeys,when we got our shoes reheeled they would cut a steel piece into the back called it a quarter tip,there was also one they did at the front that they nailed on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 827post #12391 of 216255/13/13 at 6:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12392 of 216255/13/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Lasttye.They are tidy jackets,it was impressive to see loads of lads wearing them when i hadnt seen them before.About 12 or 13 years ago i went with my son to the "War and Peace" show in Kent,its for reenactors and there was a massive military vehicle show.There was also masses of stalls selling military surplus and military style clothes and kit,there was merchants from all over Europe.I spotted one bloke selling M1 style jackets in Flecktarn camouflage (what the German army wear now) so i think thats unusual i will get one,my boy said dont bother,but i got one.I took it home put it on a hangar and hung it in a cupboard and its stayed there ever since,never worn it !
War and Peace carneabbas been there a couple of times, its the Worlds biggest Military show ..people camp there for a week....fantastic time if the weather it good, you can buy anything there including Tanks,
I camped down there one weekend, the evenings have loads of bars and a main hall disco people dress up from Romans to Vietnam clobber on..a true education,
The MA1 in the 80s was standard kit for Skinheads and off duty Soldiers.
Edited by Lasttye - 5/13/13 at 9:12ampost #12393 of 216255/13/13 at 7:06ampost #12394 of 216255/13/13 at 9:19amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
elwood. I wonder if you can still get West ? I am going to have to ask in John Lewis or Debenhams,must try and get some Brut i didnt know that they still made it.Sorry about your weekend being spoilt by Wigan,about Malcolm Allison he did come and manage Bristol Rovers when they were playing at Bath in the 90s.Those pictures you put up of mods at Brighton,those white helmets look like the ones the Royal Marines wear (dont worry i am not going back to army surplus shops) was that what the local police in Brighton wore in the 60s i wonder?.
The Brighton Police wore white helmets during the summer to reflect the sun. This ceased in 1968. It was also to give a 'good guy' image - that also ceased in1968
When I was about 10 about 1964 we was down Brighton for the day and my dad pointed out a group of white helmeted policemen and the Sergeant among them was around 6'6" tall and very heavily built and my dad said they won't stand any nonsense from those Mods & Rockers. we did not see any action as I suppose as a family my dad steered us in the right direction. But I remember thinking that I hoped that big old copped got a thump as the Mods 7 Rockers were my heroes even at that agepost #12395 of 216255/13/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Aces and Eights. You mentioned Henry Cooper,i sat down with a beer and watched Cooper v Bugner on youtube last week.I prefer watching 70s boxing especially with Ali or George Foreman and 70s football matches...i suppose because it was "my time" but i can relate to it better than modern sport.
There were great fighters in the 60s & 70s and I think people were genuinely interested then because there was only 1 world title per weight. Now days I haven't a clue whos champion
Henry and his brother George were both from round my way and locals that knew them said they were decent blokes. It was said that when they were younger George was the more promising boxerpost #12396 of 216255/13/13 at 9:29amQuote:
The small bottle Brut also had the silver chain and plaque around its neck. It was 10 bob in 1969 an absolute fortunepost #12397 of 216255/13/13 at 11:34am
OK Re jungle greens.Late 70's early 80's had them as they were "punk rock" easy and cheap to get.My ex wore hers with DM's(low and high) .Bought a new Green (with orange lining) Flight jacket in 1991 ,lost it sometime,wish I still had it.Excellent jacket.Looks cool and useful(my main reason for wearing Military gear).Don't favor ironing jeans or greens. Lasttye,nice pic,good to see one of the originals goin' to an Oi show.Your never too old to Rock and Roll.post #12398 of 216255/13/13 at 11:48ampost #12399 of 216255/13/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Now that's just showing off!
I like all of them.
What jeans are you wearing?post #12400 of 216255/13/13 at 12:17pmpost #12401 of 216255/13/13 at 12:18pmBotolph.Well done mate,brilliant work.Should make things easier when you can make comparisons,however as Bob the Badger has said i like them all too.One interesting point is that the Loakes dont look bad at all even compared to some top notch shoes,interesting and the pics will help me make my choice.post #12402 of 216255/13/13 at 1:18pmBob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.post #12403 of 216255/13/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
Thank you gents. Yeah really dig the Loakes. Aside from the black Aldens, they're my daily go-to's.
Jeans are Albam regular leg jeans http://www.albamclothing.com/product/18156/japanese-denim/regular-leg-jean.asp
They have a couple bits and bobs that are nice though most is hipster/urban lumberjack fare. They're located in Beak Street at the end of Carnaby near the old Stone Island shop.post #12404 of 216255/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by cerneabbas
Bob the Badger, I did a search for officers boots and when i looked on images i found the shoes that i had ! Sanders oxford officers shoes! what a coincidence,i didnt know that mine were called officers shoes and i am guessing that yours were the boot version.At £100 and made in the Uk i might even get another pair some time.
Funny you should mention those, me work mate mentioned last week that he was after a pair of boots, Chelsea style but with laces, all leather, i told him he was probably looking at 150 upwards which he baulked at, had a look around for him and that was the case till last nite when i checked out Silvermans, 115 i think for the booted version, he liked them and said he was going to be nice to his Mrs for a whilepost #12405 of 216255/13/13 at 2:33pmBasset. If the leather is still as good quality as the shoes that i used to have i think they will be a bargain,i remember they used to really shine up...smart shoes with trousers dont think they would look right with jeans ( but thats only my opinion).I noticed that you have some inkwork in one picture,where do you go ? i have a days holiday tomorrow going to Wales (its bound to rain !) to see a tattooist i have been to before.
- Mod to Suedehead
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 3 minutes ago
- › Sutor Mantellasi Norwegian-Welt - 9.5D 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...