Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 826
Styleforum Top Picks
It's sad tbh, when you look at the old pics and compare them to now, i hope more investment pays off, the end of the front by the train station has gone to pot, the area where the do is held is nice, but further around the corner and up the hill it's a bit shabby mostly b&b's that are shitholes run by foreigners.If the place gets some decent investment it would be a nice classic British seaside town again
I stayed at the Westbrooke Lodge(a Guest House run by Foreigners)last year,and I am staying there-with my Missus this year.Ok ,it was a bit dated but the Breakfast was ok and they were very pleasant.Margate is a shambles,shame on the local Authorities.I was appalled when I saw it last year.Mind you I am hoping the exModel Shop is still there(the owner had pushed everything to the back and just sold crap,in the front.
Good read about Bristol,always interested in hearing about other Areas.
Yes still remember the smell and feel of the "Shrink to Wear" Levis when bought new.Somebody on ebay was selling them the other week(well it said "Shrink to Wear"),I was tempted.
Brand new, shrink to fit, Levis, I remember the smell so well. I did the cold bath routine with my first pair and they did shrink 3/4 inches in the length and 1 inch in the waist. I bought a pair of orange tab Levi's for my second or third pair and they never did quite match up to the 501's. I then moved on to Lee Riders which always seemed to fit me better.
I know your having a laugh but Margate really is the best we have on the Kent's North East coast
I had a drive along the North coast line the other week and its quite embarrassing. The Local authorities are investing some money but it still not getting the punters in
I haven't been to the Kent seaside in years so it is sad to hear that it is so run-down. Southend has been re-vitalized in the last 10 years and Brighton & Hove is still worth visiting.
I used to enjoy rummaging through army Surplus stores from the age of 13 when me and mates would go to Sam's in Woolwich in 67 and the musty smell has never left my nostrils .
In 69 the American greens were the ones to have and were ideal on building sites as they were really durable and comfortable and already faded and worn in. I did try the British lightweights in later years but the quality was poor and tore easily and also Millets and Marcus were not real Army Surplus stores in the true sense
Talking of Brut I still purchase a bottle now and again and the memories of good times come flooding back but I am not allowed to wear it in my wife's company as she thinks it is old hat and 'Henry Cooper'ish' - I think its quality. Aramis was another favourite from just a few years later on in the early 70s
The A & N stores that we used closed a long time ago. I bought jungle greens and officer boots from them. My drill trousers (or drills as we called them) didn't have any thigh pockets but I think the back pocket had a flap.
We carried small glass bottles of brut in our suits. One Christmas a mate got a big bottle of the stuff as a present but it was just when we were starting to use Aramis and he was left smelling of Brut when we had moved on. I then went 'upmarket' using Channel.
Aces and Eights. You mentioned Henry Cooper,i sat down with a beer and watched Cooper v Bugner on youtube last week.I prefer watching 70s boxing especially with Ali or George Foreman and 70s football matches...i suppose because it was "my time" but i can relate to it better than modern sport.
Just to add I was in Selfridges some weeks ago Aramis was being promoted I took a sniff and thought what a awful smell, Still like the smell of Brut though, but would not wear it these days, mostly due to so many nice smells out there. A classic CK1.
flyfronted. Thats interesting,i didnt realise that about the flight jackets,i have to say that not all the Chelsea lot we saw that day were skinheads.I just liked the look of the jacket so i travelled up to London and got one (in the Kings road),years after i went back to the same place and got a navy blue one.Later on it was only skinheads that i saw wearing them.
That must have been the Skinhead revival mob of 79 then as we had no Skinheads at the Bridge between 71 and 79 . The main hooligan gang at Chelsea in the 70s were non skinheads and called the North stand - all of em sported green MA1's from around 77- 78 . Lonsdale t shirts ( from the londsdale shop on fulham palace rd ) were also first sported around 75 /76 by the soul / clubbing fraternity first as well .. these were also copied later by the boneheads .
Lasttye.They are tidy jackets,it was impressive to see loads of lads wearing them when i hadnt seen them before.About 12 or 13 years ago i went with my son to the "War and Peace" show in Kent,its for reenactors and there was a massive military vehicle show.There was also masses of stalls selling military surplus and military style clothes and kit,there was merchants from all over Europe.I spotted one bloke selling M1 style jackets in Flecktarn camouflage (what the German army wear now) so i think thats unusual i will get one,my boy said dont bother,but i got one.I took it home put it on a hangar and hung it in a cupboard and its stayed there ever since,never worn it !
These boots are similar, but not identical, to the officer boots that we wore around 68/69. Mine were a brown/burgundy colour. I didn't get on with them because they were not as comfortable as DM's and you couldn't really run in them. We seemed to spend a lot of time running backwards and forwards on meeting up with rival gangs. The officer boot wasn't suitable in that situation. Sometimes, as MOM says, called grandad boots.Those who had the black ones wore them to school with blackeys in the heel so that they could slide down the school corridor and impress the girls (at least that's what they thought).
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Nick's Boots 25 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Coyotes vs Anaheim Ducks Live 100% FREE Online NHL on PC 6 minutes ago
- › Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks Live 100% FREE Online NHL... 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)