or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 806

post #12076 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botolph View Post


Ta. I'm not one to go all stereotypical Boston(Yankmod would know what I mean) but I couldn't resist. The navy jacket w/ sky/white sounds NICE. Gotta keep my eyes peeled for one.

I like it Botolph.Will look good walkin the streets of Southie(didn't know thats where you live) Back in the Early 80's Southie kids was well represented in the Boston Indie Rock scene(in various sub genres) I can see your carrying the torch.Big Up.

post #12077 of 19152
Disregard the Political parts of this if it annoys you but: Greets on the international worker's day!
post #12078 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

I like it Botolph.Will look good walkin the streets of Southie(didn't know thats where you live) Back in the Early 80's Southie kids was well represented in the Boston Indie Rock scene(in various sub genres) I can see your carrying the torch.Big Up.


Thanks guy, yup been in Southie for about ten years though from "Lemminstah" originally:D
Gotta keep Skinhead alive here, the pyjamas/sweatpants in public look is pretty prevalent here, blecch!
There are a couple early '80s skins from Southie that still go to gigs and what not but defo don't dress the part anymore. I get more comments about my harringtons("is that a 'Cuta?!") than anything else, pretty funny this neighborhood. Very parochial, lotsa kids still hang on the connaz.
post #12079 of 19152

Lerk.Indeed Happy May Day.Botolph,haven't been to Southie in many years but I'm sure its still Rough.And the Pajama bottoms and Slippers look real attractive with a Celtics shirt.

post #12080 of 19152

Just enjoyed watching The Town on DVD.Particularly Jeremy Renner.The guy with the Irish Flag and Boston zip code tattoo was classic.Can't say I'm a fan of the whole Boston/Irish thing,but it made for a good Movie.

post #12081 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post

Disregard the Political parts of this if it annoys you but: Greets on the international worker's day!

Lerk - you got the look! Could have been me in 1970!

post #12082 of 19152

Blazers - Very 1971 around Manchester, top button only fastened. Usually black (known as 'Baratheas') and worn with a Lancashire Red Rose Badge (or, if you had ever been there, a Twisted Wheel Badge) Some did have the badge fastened with velcro, then you removed the red rose and attached your school badge to wear it during the day. In the top pocket at night a 'silk' hankie was worn, though of course it was rarely silk, usually in the colour of your football team. I had a navy blazer with a sky blue hankie, which I tended to wear with a pair of Prince of Wales check trousers which had a thin light blue line in them.

post #12083 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Queenie View Post

Yes, that surprised me a bit too! However they're not like the ones I wear which are very feminine looking, but that was what I was picturing when you mentioned them!

Are the blue canvas shoes anything like I'm wearing in this early 1967 mod (ish) shot?

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01
post #12084 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post

Disregard the Political parts of this if it annoys you but: Greets on the international worker's day!

Within the space of a couple of weeks I've been greeted for St George's Day, International Worker's Day, and Beltane. smile.gif
post #12085 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by roytonboy View Post

Blazers - Very 1971 around Manchester, top button only fastened. Usually black (known as 'Baratheas') and worn with a Lancashire Red Rose Badge (or, if you had ever been there, a Twisted Wheel Badge) Some did have the badge fastened with velcro, then you removed the red rose and attached your school badge to wear it during the day. In the top pocket at night a 'silk' hankie was worn, though of course it was rarely silk, usually in the colour of your football team. I had a navy blazer with a sky blue hankie, which I tended to wear with a pair of Prince of Wales check trousers which had a thin light blue line in them.

(Bearing in mind I had left the NW more than three years before this) Were these blazers tailored (waisted? slightly flared?) and did they have a back vent? Or were they bog-standard school blazers?
post #12086 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

Are the blue canvas shoes anything like I'm wearing in this early 1967 mod (ish) shot?

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I had a pair of those M-o-M.Remember selling them in the Shop as well.smile.gif
post #12087 of 19152
Looking very mean and moody Mate!!!!biggrin.gif
post #12088 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by roytonboy View Post

Blazers - Very 1971 around Manchester, top button only fastened. Usually black (known as 'Baratheas') and worn with a Lancashire Red Rose Badge (or, if you had ever been there, a Twisted Wheel Badge) Some did have the badge fastened with velcro, then you removed the red rose and attached your school badge to wear it during the day. In the top pocket at night a 'silk' hankie was worn, though of course it was rarely silk, usually in the colour of your football team. I had a navy blazer with a sky blue hankie, which I tended to wear with a pair of Prince of Wales check trousers which had a thin light blue line in them.
Hold on, that was me, last Saturday - Black Barathea with Sunderland patch and white silk, 'Squire Shop' button down and tailored POW with thin blue line.
post #12089 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons View Post


Hold on, that was me, last Saturday - Black Barathea with Sunderland patch and white silk, 'Squire Shop' button down and tailored POW with thin blue line.

 

YES!!! - that's the look!

post #12090 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post


(Bearing in mind I had left the NW more than three years before this) Were these blazers tailored (waisted? slightly flared?) and did they have a back vent? Or were they bog-standard school blazers?

They were 'tailored', though usually bought off the peg. I seem to remember mine had side vents. (see photo above!)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead