Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:51 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:22 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 788
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11807 of 198754/15/13 at 9:32am
I NEVER take the piss.Where is the confusion? I pointed out that these skins were wearing their pants so high(above the top of the boots showing a few inches of sock,the top of the socks and an inch of flesh)And I don't remember seeing anyone wear them that high in the 60's.Did I say something wrong?post #11808 of 198754/15/13 at 2:26pmpost #11809 of 198754/15/13 at 11:33pm
Just a note to anyone posting pictures from 'back in the day'. They are all valuable from a 'social history' point of view, because we didn't do much posing for pictures back then, and hardly anyone carried a camera around with them. So all these crinkled old snapshots and photo-booth pics potentially have a place in the book.
What would be good, would be if anyone re-posting them here could make a note of any names or contact details (from Facebook, Friends Reunited, or wherever) and PM them to me so I can try to get in touch for permission to use them. Alternatively, if you would be prepared to ask them on my behalf, that too would be appreciated.
Even a note saying, for example, "All I know is that is some bloke from Dagenham, and it was on such-and-such site" is better than nothing.
The book is probably going to end up with a large number of photos for which we don't, strictly speaking, have permission. Hopefully they'll be covered by a declaration to the effect that we have tried to locate the owners, and if any details come to light they will be included in later editions.post #11810 of 198754/16/13 at 1:19amQuote:Originally Posted by loempiavreter
Some more photo's of the infamous Roscoe of Willesden, who got a mention in Adam Ant's autobiography, And made an appereance in these 2 famous pics:
Thanks to Gabriela for posting them on the Ballroom Blitz.
Roscoe & Carole 1969
Roscoe 1970 Taylors Lane Power Station Willesden
Roscoe & Pip 1970
Carole & Pip 1970
Roscoe and his folks, wearing a paisley tootal scarf with his crombie?
Roscoe still sporting his sheepie
Roscoe - Junior Eyes
Roscoe 1974 sporting a handlebar mustache, turning into a Lemmy look-a-like
Caz & Smart from Willesden
Mkes me a tad sad when i see lads who dressed really well go to pot .post #11811 of 198754/16/13 at 1:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
The book is probably going to end up with a large number of photos for which we don't, strictly speaking, have permission. Hopefully they'll be covered by a declaration to the effect that we have tried to locate the owners, and if any details come to light they will be included in later editions.
Given the nature of the photos (snapshots by individuals) I think to find these folks and ask for permission would prevent the book from EVER being finished.You are obviously trying to do the right thing.You can't be faulted for not finding the copyright holders.Question is,which photos to use?There are a large number at this point.And a large percentage are very good.post #11812 of 198754/16/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by yankmod
Given the nature of the photos (snapshots by individuals) I think to find these folks and ask for permission would prevent the book from EVER being finished.You are obviously trying to do the right thing.You can't be faulted for not finding the copyright holders.Question is,which photos to use?There are a large number at this point.And a large percentage are very good.
You can put a discalimer at the back saying you tried and if anyone wants to get in contact a number .post #11813 of 198754/16/13 at 12:48pmpost #11814 of 198754/16/13 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by yankmod
I NEVER take the piss.Where is the confusion? I pointed out that these skins were wearing their pants so high(above the top of the boots showing a few inches of sock,the top of the socks and an inch of flesh)And I don't remember seeing anyone wear them that high in the 60's.Did I say something wrong?
I thought you were being ironic or something. Presumably you slept through the '70s.post #11815 of 198754/16/13 at 1:09pmQuote:
I was asking myself the same thing. English is my second language so no wonder I didn't get s***, I wonder if English speakers from other places can grasp what they're going on about.post #11816 of 198754/16/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
I was born in 66.And I'm American,so I wouldn't have seen the short short pants.I discovered Skinheads thru 2 Tone.I was saying it was the first time I saw such an extreme style on the "Original Skins".post #11817 of 198754/16/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
I'm A Yank so it was a little tough to understand.When I was younger I met a guy from Shropshire.I couldn't understand anything he said.It made him very frustrated.I've talked to Welsh speaking Welshman and also had a tough time.Hate to ask folks to repeat themselves constantly.I had the same problem as a teen.Had to get rid of my Boston accent(people in other parts of the US couldn't understand me) I had to say everything 2 or 3 times so,I started to enunciate more clearly.post #11818 of 198754/16/13 at 2:20pmpost #11819 of 198754/16/13 at 2:27pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 35 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › People on Yelp: Why do you all suck? 3 minutes ago
- › ISAIA-Suede-Jacket-sz-40R-US-50R-EU-$3795 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Barena Torceo Jacket Carbone Black Vignove - 54 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Dior Homme B28 and B50 Sneakers in a size 45-46 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...