I second that emotion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:36 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 763post #11431 of 201753/26/13 at 11:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11432 of 201753/26/13 at 11:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
I'm avoiding posting a pic of myself (again!) with long sideburns!
I love the idea of putting on a display somewhere like Margate Beach, roping off a part of the beach, and having the public watch a team of people dressed like skins and a team of people dressed like greasers pretend to beat each other up, while a bloke on a PA system explains to them what's going on!
It could happen M-o-M!!! Who could play the Head Skinhead???(like Sting played the Face in Quadrophenia)post #11433 of 201753/26/13 at 11:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by zapatoo
Firstly, I've been following this thread for a while and absolutely love it. Lots of great pictures and information. This is my first time posting though. I'm a skinhead girl from Canada and am starting a fanzine called Soul Time, covering the original style and music of the skinhead subculture. For an article I'm working on I'd like to talk to people that were into it around that time, especially from 1969-1971. If anyone would like to share any stories or pictures, or know anyone who would be interested, please email me at email@example.com. And for anybody interested in the fanzine, my first issue should be out around the end of May, but you can keep informed by "liking" facebook.com/soultimezine
Thanks a lot!
Hi Andrea. Good luck with the fanzine project. Having tried to get one off the ground myself in 1969, I know what a difficult job that can be.post #11434 of 201753/26/13 at 11:43pmpost #11435 of 201753/26/13 at 11:49pmpost #11436 of 201753/27/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Ill blow smoke up his jacksy and say the pic of MOM in the sheepskin , Sta prest n Boots is THE best pic on the whole site .. my 12 yr old self would have followed him up and down the street just to find out what after shave he was rockinpost #11437 of 201753/27/13 at 3:11ampost #11438 of 201753/27/13 at 3:16amQuote:
Thank-you Mr. Brown: it's been a long time since I've been called a youngster!post #11439 of 201753/27/13 at 3:16ampost #11440 of 201753/27/13 at 3:18ampost #11441 of 201753/27/13 at 3:20ampost #11442 of 201753/27/13 at 3:23amQuote:What - this one?post #11443 of 201753/27/13 at 3:49ampost #11444 of 201753/27/13 at 5:31ampost #11445 of 201753/27/13 at 6:05amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
I was actually commenting on your "generalisation" Gsvs5.I do not back up my thoughts by one visit to the 100 Club.I have been to Clubs in Liverpool,Manchester,Sheffield etc.and I go regulary to a small Club in Lincoln-where young Mods go.I would say that the effort they have put in,is very commendable.These do not follow Weller(one of the things I find funny is 40+ year old Men with "feathered side bits,but then everyone to their own ).Ok so there are ones that just throw things together but I could say all Northern Soul Fans now wear Baggy Trousers and have Beer Mats tucked into their Belts.Some still do though(when it is the umpteenth Wigan Casino Revival",but that is certainly not the case.).In the 60s there were scruffy Skinheads(I am not being regional here)even though the general concensus is they were smart.Look at the iconic Picture of 4 Skinheads walking past some Hippies in Piccadilly Circus.I would say they were scruffy.
You are right browniecj,I was wrong to make such a sweeping statement.I think when looking back at anything in life you tend to remember the best and the worst examples of everything.As someone who is not involved in the scene,nor has been since the early '70s I just have my personal recollections to form opinions.I like the sound of what you say though and maybe I will visit one of the places you talk about .Do they have an "Old farts' corner? Cheers.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 13 minutes ago
- › FS: Carmina Penny Loafer Tanned 7UK 8US Simpson Last 80190 Metal... 15 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...