I second that emotion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Mod to Suedehead - Page 763
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm avoiding posting a pic of myself (again!) with long sideburns!
I love the idea of putting on a display somewhere like Margate Beach, roping off a part of the beach, and having the public watch a team of people dressed like skins and a team of people dressed like greasers pretend to beat each other up, while a bloke on a PA system explains to them what's going on!
It could happen M-o-M!!! Who could play the Head Skinhead???(like Sting played the Face in Quadrophenia)
Firstly, I've been following this thread for a while and absolutely love it. Lots of great pictures and information. This is my first time posting though. I'm a skinhead girl from Canada and am starting a fanzine called Soul Time, covering the original style and music of the skinhead subculture. For an article I'm working on I'd like to talk to people that were into it around that time, especially from 1969-1971. If anyone would like to share any stories or pictures, or know anyone who would be interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And for anybody interested in the fanzine, my first issue should be out around the end of May, but you can keep informed by "liking" facebook.com/soultimezine
Thanks a lot!
Hi Andrea. Good luck with the fanzine project. Having tried to get one off the ground myself in 1969, I know what a difficult job that can be.
Ill blow smoke up his jacksy and say the pic of MOM in the sheepskin , Sta prest n Boots is THE best pic on the whole site .. my 12 yr old self would have followed him up and down the street just to find out what after shave he was rockin
Thank-you Mr. Brown: it's been a long time since I've been called a youngster!
I was actually commenting on your "generalisation" Gsvs5.I do not back up my thoughts by one visit to the 100 Club.I have been to Clubs in Liverpool,Manchester,Sheffield etc.and I go regulary to a small Club in Lincoln-where young Mods go.I would say that the effort they have put in,is very commendable.These do not follow Weller(one of the things I find funny is 40+ year old Men with "feathered side bits,but then everyone to their own ).Ok so there are ones that just throw things together but I could say all Northern Soul Fans now wear Baggy Trousers and have Beer Mats tucked into their Belts.Some still do though(when it is the umpteenth Wigan Casino Revival",but that is certainly not the case.).In the 60s there were scruffy Skinheads(I am not being regional here)even though the general concensus is they were smart.Look at the iconic Picture of 4 Skinheads walking past some Hippies in Piccadilly Circus.I would say they were scruffy.
You are right browniecj,I was wrong to make such a sweeping statement.I think when looking back at anything in life you tend to remember the best and the worst examples of everything.As someone who is not involved in the scene,nor has been since the early '70s I just have my personal recollections to form opinions.I like the sound of what you say though and maybe I will visit one of the places you talk about .Do they have an "Old farts' corner? Cheers.
- Mod to Suedehead
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 32 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Etsy Leather Jacket, worth it? 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)