Me neither but its good to have a holy grail to dream about .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mod to Suedehead - Page 731post #10952 of 243113/2/13 at 7:59ampost #10953 of 243113/2/13 at 9:15am
Love the talk about jobs and wages.Gives a perspective to us young ones when quoting prices of clothes.If your making 19 pound a week and a pair of shoes was 8.Thats a big chunk.And the memories of the Parents adds alot.This story is about humans tryin to make it thru.To me it's not just about the clothes and music.The few skinhead books around don't have personal stories about the people Around the skins.The stories here are from individuals,not a nameless faceless Mob,which has been the perception of outsiders until now.I'm wondering M.O.M. if the book might include some recent pics of the "originals"today.Lasttye's pic of him and his rude boy pal is one I have in mind.post #10954 of 243113/2/13 at 10:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Bob the Badger
That's exactly how I remember the shop. Always a bit shabby. With shoes he sometimes only had one or two pairs in a particular style and you had to be quick. I reckon he must have sold samples or end of line. He was always cheap and the shoes were all over the shop with no real order.
What I can remember was-Piles of boxes everywhere on the Floor, of Shoes.He would disappear up a Ladder into another pile.It was a nightmare.Three years ago,I was in Lanarka,Cyprus and the Shoe Shop was exactly the same.Mind you,I came away with some nice all Leather,Basket Weave,Tasseled Slip-ons(more Mod than Skinhead).Cheap as well!!!post #10955 of 243113/2/13 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by buttons
I was in the Alden shop on Maddison Avenue (NYC) and they were 600 dollars (almost 2 years ago). They were on sale in a shop in Wall Street for 550 but they were shut. Still not cheap but a big drop from 600 quid.
Didn't get the long wings (they were lovely but not that much better than me late 60s shell Florsheims) but treated mesell to a pair of beef-roll pennies instead. Comfiest loafers I've ever had.
I paid $749 for my bluchers at aldens last year. All half price at Austins just round the corner. Went in thinking 2 for the price of 1, touch! Only had Claude hopper sizes or dwarf sizes though! Should have known better!!!post #10956 of 243113/2/13 at 5:11pmQuote:Lucky, lucky, lucky smug bassa!!!!
There again, you obviously worked hard to get there - brilliant!!
Jealous - me... not many!post #10957 of 243113/3/13 at 12:47amQuote:
I'm trying to get a handle on comparing some prices then and now. A while ago someone was talking about getting a pair of shoes for $600 US. That's about £400 at current rates. My pension is about £1100 per month, which is about £270 per week...post #10958 of 243113/3/13 at 12:49amQuote:
I can still remember my mum holding her head in her hands when I paid a fiver for a posh tie. Seriously.post #10959 of 243113/3/13 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by yankmod
Love the talk about jobs and wages.Gives a perspective to us young ones when quoting prices of clothes.If your making 19 pound a week and a pair of shoes was 8.Thats a big chunk.And the memories of the Parents adds alot.This story is about humans tryin to make it thru.To me it's not just about the clothes and music.The few skinhead books around don't have personal stories about the people Around the skins.The stories here are from individuals,not a nameless faceless Mob,which has been the perception of outsiders until now.I'm wondering M.O.M. if the book might include some recent pics of the "originals"today.Lasttye's pic of him and his rude boy pal is one I have in mind.
It's a thought - maybe at the end.
You know, I might be mis-remembering my wages. My job was as a labourer for the Parks Department at Bromley Council. It was certainly somewhere between £15 and £20.post #10960 of 243113/3/13 at 1:08amQuote:
Back to the old days M-o-M Seeing what you wanted,and then saving up for it.Oh! the joy......post #10961 of 243113/3/13 at 1:12ampost #10962 of 243113/3/13 at 2:37amQuote:
i paid £375 for a pair of Yuketen Maine boots at Christmas .. mrs went fucking mental when she caught me trying to smuggle em in when the parcel man delivered ... felt like i was 15 again LOL . Old habits and old style issues Rule OK.post #10963 of 243113/3/13 at 2:42amQuote:I've been heavy hinting to the missus that £600 shoes will last me until I die - then I'd be sent to the crem in them, hoping she'll be bite.
She's limited the price to £200, but has insisted that even at that price, they'll be on ebay and I'll go up in smoke wearing Tesco trainers.
I'm optimistic we can reach a 50/50 agreement somewhere along the line... or I'll have to mug a banker.
(Wives turning into mothers - surely not?)post #10964 of 243113/3/13 at 2:49ampost #10965 of 243113/3/13 at 4:01amQuote:
I was an apprentice on £4.00 per week there we mates in our gang a couple of years older than me who were labouring on sites and they were on £16 - £18 per week and i wondered why I was bothering with an apprenticeship. So I would say your memory is still sound
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Does anyone want this smart water bottle？ 19 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE: MYSELF WHEN MY WALL IS REAL (SEPTEMBER 26 to... 24 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 30 minutes ago
- › First MTM Suit - Mix & Match advise needed! 40 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 47 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...