Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 700
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10487 of 213742/2/13 at 11:36ampost #10488 of 213742/2/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
NORMAN JAY .. ID GUESS 1972post #10489 of 213742/2/13 at 6:03pmpost #10490 of 213742/2/13 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bob the Badger
When was the Chelsea photo taken? I like it because in one shot you can see quite a variation of what was worn around 69/70. There is a little guy in the middle, possibly wearing a Harrington Jacket, that is already starting to grow his hair. You can see Sta prest , turned up Levi's. You can see Jean Jackets, Sheepskins, Rain Macs, Monkey/Flying Jackets. One bloke is wearing his suit jacket and an older boy at the back looks like he is wearing some kind of tweed. There are even a few Trilby/Pork pie hats. Only one boy is wearing a scarf. They are not smart as in 'Saturday night at the Palais' but they are in their at the football/by the seaside clothes. A few braces but not everyone and jumpers/cardigans. Nearly all are wearing button down shirts. Not wearing a uniform, and quite a variation, but all part of the tradition.
If I remember correctly(when this Photo was first Posted)it was later than `69/`70.It is interesting to see the varoius Clothing being worn.post #10491 of 213742/3/13 at 8:00ampost #10492 of 213742/3/13 at 8:29ampost #10493 of 213742/3/13 at 9:41ampost #10494 of 213742/3/13 at 9:56am
A couple of those photos have been used on Trojan sets:
- the first on 'Skinhead Revolt' compilation: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=579130
- the second on the 'Haunted House. Skinhead Sevens' set: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1501761post #10495 of 213742/3/13 at 9:59amQuote:
That's when it was logged into the Rex Features photo collection. It often happens a while after the event, so the dates in photo libraries can't always be relied on. There are a couple of photos from Brighton that were logged on the 30th, and one on the 29th. When were Brighton playing Chelsea that year?post #10496 of 213742/3/13 at 10:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Piffy
Are there any major differences between the MIE DM 1460s and Solovair's 8 eye derby boot ?
They're both made in Northamtonpshire from what I've read. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
The main difference (apart from the price) is the colour. What Solovair call 'oxblood' really is oxblood -- darker than DMs 'oxblood'. Solovair 'Cherry red' is more or less the same colour as the DM MiE Vintage. The other differences can be seen: black collar round the top; black eyelets; black beneath the welt stitching, different soles, heel tag, etc.post #10497 of 213742/3/13 at 11:00ampost #10498 of 213742/3/13 at 11:11ampost #10499 of 213742/3/13 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Watermelon man
That's when it was logged into the Rex Features photo collection. It often happens a while after the event, so the dates in photo libraries can't always be relied on. There are a couple of photos from Brighton that were logged on the 30th, and one on the 29th. When were Brighton playing Chelsea that year?
If they played in `70.it would be a Friendly.They did not meet competively.post #10500 of 213742/3/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
Yes, but it's a bit tricky if you don't have a shoe anvil to hold the shoe while doing it. I'd get a cobbler to tap them in for you.
- Mod to Suedehead
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 4 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Rishi Kakar 8 minutes ago
- › Rishi Kakar 9 minutes ago
- › Omega Seamaster 300m (Ref: 2254.50, bought 2005) 9 minutes ago
- › Rishi Kakar 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...