or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 700

post #10486 of 19308
Wohoo i now got myself a couple o' black royals. Thanks for The tip about stuarts
post #10487 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post

Wohoo i now got myself a couple o' black royals. Thanks for The tip about stuarts
Good man, a pair is much better than just the one. satisfied.gif
post #10488 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Thanks for posting that kicksinstyle.Really enjoyed it.The usual "Faces" I see.Norman Jay and Jeff Dexter.Would never spend the kind of money they are asking for these days.Will keep my eye out for a thrift store deal.Lots of Older American guys sellin em to the thrift.

NORMAN JAY .. ID GUESS 1972

post #10489 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfronted View Post

NORMAN JAY .. ID GUESS 1972

Cool Bike.

post #10490 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Badger View Post

When was the Chelsea photo taken? I like it because in one shot you can see quite a variation of what was worn around 69/70. There is a little guy in the middle, possibly wearing a Harrington Jacket, that is already starting to grow his hair. You can see Sta prest , turned up Levi's. You can see Jean Jackets, Sheepskins, Rain Macs, Monkey/Flying Jackets. One bloke  is wearing his suit jacket and an older boy at the back looks like he is wearing some kind of tweed. There are even a few Trilby/Pork pie hats. Only one boy is wearing a scarf. They are not smart as in 'Saturday night at the Palais' but they are in their at the football/by the seaside clothes. A few braces but not everyone and jumpers/cardigans. Nearly all are wearing button down shirts. Not wearing a uniform, and quite a variation, but all part of the tradition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Queenie View Post

Look a bit scruffy: they must be Northern Chelsea.

If I remember correctly(when this Photo was first Posted)it was later than `69/`70.It is interesting to see the varoius Clothing being worn.
post #10491 of 19308

Both of the Chelsea photos are from 1970. The one in Brighton was taken on 30 March 1970.

post #10492 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon man View Post

Both of the Chelsea photos are from 1970. The one in Brighton was taken on 30 March 1970.

On that date,Chelsea were playing away to West Bromwich Albion.The Score was 3-1(Hutchison scoring).
post #10493 of 19308
Love the lad in the middle with the white Sta Prest on, he's either got a piece of lead piping down his strides or he's very pleased to see someone. smile.gif
post #10494 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan View Post

Hope one or two of these - at least - are 'new'...

A couple of those photos have been used on Trojan sets:

 

- the first on 'Skinhead Revolt' compilation: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=579130

- the second on the 'Haunted House. Skinhead Sevens' set: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1501761

post #10495 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post


On that date,Chelsea were playing away to West Bromwich Albion.The Score was 3-1(Hutchison scoring).

That's when it was logged into the Rex Features photo collection. It often happens a while after the event, so the dates in photo libraries can't always be relied on. There are a couple of photos from Brighton that were logged on the 30th, and one on the 29th. When were Brighton playing Chelsea that year?

post #10496 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffy View Post

Are there any major differences between the MIE DM 1460s and Solovair's 8 eye derby boot ?

They're both made in Northamtonpshire from what I've read. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Dr. Martens
http://www.drmartenscanada.ca/mens/footwear/made-in-england/vintage-1460-oxblood-boot.html

Solovair
http://www.solovairdirect.com/collections/soloviar-boots/products/solovair-8-eye-derby-boot-oxblood

The main difference (apart from the price) is the colour. What Solovair call 'oxblood' really is oxblood -- darker than DMs 'oxblood'. Solovair 'Cherry red' is more or less the same colour as the DM MiE Vintage. The other differences can be seen: black collar round the top; black eyelets; black beneath the welt stitching, different soles, heel tag, etc.

post #10497 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post

Wohoo i now got myself a couple o' black royals...

Were there some of these in the box?

 

http://www.blakeys-segs.co.uk/

post #10498 of 19308
Yes, blakeys included. A good thing that, i tend to wear my shoes unevenly. Didn't quite get how those are installed, you just bang em on with a hammer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon man View Post

Were there some of these in the box?

http://www.blakeys-segs.co.uk/
post #10499 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon man View Post

That's when it was logged into the Rex Features photo collection. It often happens a while after the event, so the dates in photo libraries can't always be relied on. There are a couple of photos from Brighton that were logged on the 30th, and one on the 29th. When were Brighton playing Chelsea that year?

If they played in `70.it would be a Friendly.They did not meet competively.
post #10500 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post

Yes, blakeys included. A good thing that, i tend to wear my shoes unevenly. Didn't quite get how those are installed, you just bang em on with a hammer?

Yes, but it's a bit tricky if you don't have a shoe anvil to hold the shoe while doing it. I'd get a cobbler to tap them in for you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead