Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 684post #10246 of 219771/22/13 at 3:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 219771/22/13 at 8:09pm
Here is my vintage suit.It has a stamp on the inside of the inside pocket which says Jan.10 1970.I bought it at a Salvation Army in 1989 for 15 dollars never worn.Wore the jacket twice until a few years ago when I went to 3 weddings and got the pants altered.I know it is not a Mod or Skin cut but it is 2 tone.Its a lite green with blue tint.I never have an occasion to wear it though.
And the pants.post #10248 of 219771/22/13 at 8:16pm
Anyone ever thought about a Traditional Skinheads meet up? As in everyone from this thread organizing some sort of event. For example; the geezers from the fedora lounge rented the queen marry for swing event. Not that we have to be as flash as all that but some Weekender in a decent sized pub, really awesome DJ and a band or two. Everyone could donate to a kickstarter.com account and when there is finally enough money we could start organizing the event. Thoughts?post #10249 of 219771/22/13 at 9:59pmpost #10250 of 219771/22/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivyskin89
Anyone ever thought about a Traditional Skinheads meet up? As in everyone from this thread organizing some sort of event. For example; the geezers from the fedora lounge rented the queen marry for swing event. Not that we have to be as flash as all that but some Weekender in a decent sized pub, really awesome DJ and a band or two. Everyone could donate to a kickstarter.com account and when there is finally enough money we could start organizing the event. Thoughts?
We've had a couple of mini get-togethers in York, for a fish & chip lunch and a blether in a pub.post #10251 of 219771/22/13 at 10:02pmJust as a matter of side interest, apparently the wold of high fashion design has rediscovered the sock and the shoe.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2013/jan/22/mens-style-flash-bit-anklepost #10252 of 219771/22/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
Think that was the year before last mate but I could be wrong. See ye Saturday.
So much stuff on here the last few days - I'm struggling to keep up - some great reading though.
As for putting on a night out - we (a few lads and lasses off here) got together in York last year, more for a civilised chat in the pub than a big booze up but was a good crack all the same. Should book another weekend as my diary's filling up already. I find there's that many nights out these days, its hard finding a date that doesn't clash. So if ye want a get together where there's a bit of reggae and soul on, and plenty of skinheads, there's a lot to choose from. I know there's many more but a few coming up - 2nd March skinhead reggae night in London, 23rd March Glasgow, 30th March Southend, 18th May Leicester, 25th May Nottingham and for our European partakers, a big weekend in Barcelona 4th May. PM me if ye want any details so this doesn't end up being a message board for people's dos.post #10253 of 219771/22/13 at 11:59pmpost #10254 of 219771/23/13 at 12:01ampost #10255 of 219771/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:
There's an element of truth there, especially regarding Harringtons, but it's probably more that you notice people who are dressed like that.
Most people I see in the streets are just downright scruffy these days.post #10256 of 219771/23/13 at 2:10ampost #10257 of 219771/23/13 at 2:29amQuote:A very big deal in Scotland.Originally Posted by Lasttye
To carry on from the above story ..we got back to Upton Park Station...and was queuing up to get in the station and this lunatic West Ham supporter was walking along the line with a cut throat razor asking who was Chelsea, its funny I can still see him now over Forty years later, He was wearing a bashed up straw hat ..which i thought a bit strange at the time,
Just to add the cut throat razor was carried and used a lot back then, easy to conceal between the material in your jean fly. Old Bill would never search you there.
Its funny as i got older i noticed so many blokes my age with razor scars.
The question would be: 'Can your mother sew... get her tae stitch this - SLASH!!!!
I carried one - several, as occasionally you had to ditch - more for bravado than anything else and it did give you the feeling of security if you were on enemy turf.
in '69, mine came from the school science labs, where they were dished out during biology lessons. Later on, when the school twigged, there were always inquests as to why 20 were dished out at the start of a lesson and only 14-15 would be collected at the end of it.
It became difficult to buy new ones as the word had gone out to barbers, etc - steel combs - without handles (they were for the birds) - then became the essential 'tool'.
Reading some of you guys' posts, I've reached the conclusion I really was - and still am - a bit of a wimp.
Sorry.post #10258 of 219771/23/13 at 2:42ampost #10259 of 219771/23/13 at 3:21ampost #10260 of 219771/23/13 at 4:40amQuote:
Would that have been at 'The Global Village' near Charing Cross? I saw something similar but I think it might have been a bit later than 1970. The guy was lying flat out with his girlfriend beside him and I don't think he had any mates with him. They turned the music off and we all had to leave the club. We heard he was already dead but not sure if it was true. Don't know if they caught who did it.There always seemed to be trouble at that place because East London/Essex would travel in on the District Line and South/ South-East London/Kent travelled up on BR Trains. Danny Baker the DJ from South London has talked about going there. Luckily the Bouncers were twice the size of most of us and they kept trouble to a minimum, but it was a place where you had to watch your back.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 20 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 7 minutes ago
- › BB Natural Craftsmanship? 7 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 7 minutes ago
- › Men's Scarves, Ascots & Neckerchiefs - photos, discussion, inspiration 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...