Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 665
Styleforum Top Picks
I've noticed that too and they are stuffing around a bit with some of the cuts in general, they now have an "Osaka" block grey suit on the website for about $599 I think, but they have made the lapels thinner, where as I think the Osaka block was very good as is.
It's sad, but I feel they've adopted the same if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em mentality as some of their competitors (2-button is in, let's all do 2-button); this new focus most likely stems from some numbers man in Van Laack who's more focused on cost effectiveness than the customer's likes and dislikes.
It still irritates me that I cannot get a 3-roll-two Osaka from their MTM program.
A few exciting and a few frustrating updates for you all. Firstly my shipment of Pantherella socks has just landed. A FS thread will be going up this weekend once photo's are taken but here is a run down of what I have in stock -
Frustrations are the usual start up ones of waiting for designers and photographers to finish off work I'm waiting for and website revisions, which will prob now delay the site launch until late March or early April and also means I can't get the affiliate thread going either just yet, but it's all in the works.
All sounds very exciting. Look forward to seeing the site. Good luck!
Among the coolest injuries I have ever heard of
Hope you have a speedy recovery mate, that's a story for the grandkids.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Greg!
By the way, were any of you Melbourne guys on the tram from the Docklands to the city up Collins Street at around 10:30 this morning? The guy was wearing a gray SB suit with narrow lapels, burgundy grenadine tie (looked like Kent Wang) and what looked to be black Weymouths (or some other wholecut with a medallion toe).
didnt see them this time around but i bought one end of last season, unlined. think it cost me 69 but money well spent. all those albizatti ties are great quality and well priced. and the 8cm width is preferred to the 9cm width drakes ties they carry
Sorry to hear about that Greg and a speedy recovery. I thought you told us you were going on a cruise of the fjords!
Sounds like a good deal - go for it.
I have been a knocker of HB in the past, based on their often outrageous mark-ups on regular stock. Of course, Harrolds and American Tailors (in Melbourne) are not any better. On sale, however, HB is often worth investigating - you might not find a bargain exactly (wool ties notwithstanding?) although the mark-ups are at least bearable, bearing in mind you are paying a premium for the convenience of inspecting / trying on the item in store. Moreover, you are supporting a local, long-established business which no doubt has high overheads (occupying prime retail space in both Melbourne and Sydney).
I sometimes think that Aussies on this forum (myself included) are a little too ready to snipe at places like HB. However, I would be genuinely sad and disappointed if HB et al closed their doors. Australia would be left even more of a sartorial wastland than it already is.
- Australian Members
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › New! Acne Max Cash - Tag Size 29" 4 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw