Very nice fxh, Hermes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 654post #9796 of 604591/30/12 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9797 of 604591/30/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by tone76
I guess that's what cars are for. But often, one ends up with little bits of shrapnel through one's travels. Whilst I prefer to use plastic so I have a paper trail when I conduct my monthly financial post-mortem, it is inevitable that incidental expenses will require cash. It is also inevitable that said incidental expenses will generate change ... and I could put it in my pockets until I get home or to my car, but I find the sound and feel of loose change rattling around quite jarring.
Therefore, despite the fact this is most definitely not SF Approved™, I am one of those infuriating people that carries coins in his wallet.
Without wishing to brag, I just cashed in my piggy bank (I put my change in it whenever I get home), and it was just under $1200. Far superior alternative to carrying it around in your wallet...post #9798 of 604591/30/12 at 4:38pmpost #9799 of 604591/30/12 at 4:44pmpost #9800 of 604591/30/12 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Selvaggio
They came with the shirts - can't remember which brand. I still have a little case of collar stays I bought in Gowings in a mix of short and long sizes. I miss that store. Not always the best quality, but you could get just about any item of menswear there.
As well as ... Taylors shaving cream...
You may still be able to get theses things if you hunt around, but Gowings had them all in one convenient location.
For Taylors of Old Bond Street try here - http://www.mensbiz.com.au/
Always quick and cheap esp if you use the Badger and Brush code for extra 15% off...BB12 / BB2012 or something if memory serves.post #9801 of 604591/30/12 at 5:20pmpost #9802 of 604591/30/12 at 5:38pmpost #9803 of 604591/30/12 at 5:41pmpost #9804 of 604591/30/12 at 6:01pmpost #9805 of 604591/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
They look horrendous.post #9806 of 604591/30/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
I think it was when they opened that shop in Wynyard and then moved into the old Remo site in Oxford St after that it all started to come undone, tragic.post #9807 of 604591/30/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
I have a tin where I put $2 coins in and when they get to $50 I cash them and hide them from wife and son. Other shrapnel goes into bucket in the kitchen.post #9808 of 604591/30/12 at 6:30pmQuote:
Not a fan, sorry. Might be one of the best in Australia, but im the best golfer at my work and I hit off 18. Know what'm sayin?post #9809 of 604591/30/12 at 6:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
They look horrendous.Quote:
Agreed they are pretty awful especially for the almost $1000 a pair price tag. Zonca you probably wont get much love for those here but from what I hear Andrew McDonald is pretty top notch skills wise, I just think his designs are too fashiony for the construction and quality. If your going to make throw away designs, the construction is lost on the fashiony hipster types that will buy it. They don't give a shit and most don't even now what hand/goodyear welting etc is.
And without piling on too much, those Yuketon cordo mocs on your blog had me gasping at $999! That is a hell of a lot of money, even for horween cordovan and they personally seem an odd contrast, almost a traditional leather sole on the bottom with a moccasin top, very strange to the eye. You can't tell me that the cordo accounts for a doubling of the price on there normal upper end prices? (though even $500 for mocs is pretty ridiculous). Understand you are probably passing on the wholesale prices with a set margin but still.post #9810 of 604591/30/12 at 6:38pmQuote:
Absolutely hideous. If you were under the impression that they might appeal to the audience on here, you clearly haven't done your homework.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1631 Active Users (432 Members and 1199 Guests)
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 29 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...