Very nice fxh, Hermes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 654post #9796 of 536721/30/12 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9797 of 536721/30/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by tone76
I guess that's what cars are for. But often, one ends up with little bits of shrapnel through one's travels. Whilst I prefer to use plastic so I have a paper trail when I conduct my monthly financial post-mortem, it is inevitable that incidental expenses will require cash. It is also inevitable that said incidental expenses will generate change ... and I could put it in my pockets until I get home or to my car, but I find the sound and feel of loose change rattling around quite jarring.
Therefore, despite the fact this is most definitely not SF Approved™, I am one of those infuriating people that carries coins in his wallet.
Without wishing to brag, I just cashed in my piggy bank (I put my change in it whenever I get home), and it was just under $1200. Far superior alternative to carrying it around in your wallet...post #9798 of 536721/30/12 at 4:38pmpost #9799 of 536721/30/12 at 4:44pmpost #9800 of 536721/30/12 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Selvaggio
They came with the shirts - can't remember which brand. I still have a little case of collar stays I bought in Gowings in a mix of short and long sizes. I miss that store. Not always the best quality, but you could get just about any item of menswear there.
As well as ... Taylors shaving cream...
You may still be able to get theses things if you hunt around, but Gowings had them all in one convenient location.
For Taylors of Old Bond Street try here - http://www.mensbiz.com.au/
Always quick and cheap esp if you use the Badger and Brush code for extra 15% off...BB12 / BB2012 or something if memory serves.post #9801 of 536721/30/12 at 5:20pmpost #9802 of 536721/30/12 at 5:38pmpost #9803 of 536721/30/12 at 5:41pmpost #9804 of 536721/30/12 at 6:01pmpost #9805 of 536721/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
They look horrendous.post #9806 of 536721/30/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
I think it was when they opened that shop in Wynyard and then moved into the old Remo site in Oxford St after that it all started to come undone, tragic.post #9807 of 536721/30/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
I have a tin where I put $2 coins in and when they get to $50 I cash them and hide them from wife and son. Other shrapnel goes into bucket in the kitchen.post #9808 of 536721/30/12 at 6:30pmQuote:
Not a fan, sorry. Might be one of the best in Australia, but im the best golfer at my work and I hit off 18. Know what'm sayin?post #9809 of 536721/30/12 at 6:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
They look horrendous.Quote:
Agreed they are pretty awful especially for the almost $1000 a pair price tag. Zonca you probably wont get much love for those here but from what I hear Andrew McDonald is pretty top notch skills wise, I just think his designs are too fashiony for the construction and quality. If your going to make throw away designs, the construction is lost on the fashiony hipster types that will buy it. They don't give a shit and most don't even now what hand/goodyear welting etc is.
And without piling on too much, those Yuketon cordo mocs on your blog had me gasping at $999! That is a hell of a lot of money, even for horween cordovan and they personally seem an odd contrast, almost a traditional leather sole on the bottom with a moccasin top, very strange to the eye. You can't tell me that the cordo accounts for a doubling of the price on there normal upper end prices? (though even $500 for mocs is pretty ridiculous). Understand you are probably passing on the wholesale prices with a set margin but still.post #9810 of 536721/30/12 at 6:38pmQuote:
Absolutely hideous. If you were under the impression that they might appeal to the audience on here, you clearly haven't done your homework.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 2015 Active Users (419 Members and 1596 Guests)
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 50 seconds ago
- › Wings + Horns SS14 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Kiton navy suit, 52EU/42R 7 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)