Very nice fxh, Hermes?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 654post #9796 of 679461/30/12 at 3:31pmpost #9797 of 679461/30/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by tone76
I guess that's what cars are for. But often, one ends up with little bits of shrapnel through one's travels. Whilst I prefer to use plastic so I have a paper trail when I conduct my monthly financial post-mortem, it is inevitable that incidental expenses will require cash. It is also inevitable that said incidental expenses will generate change ... and I could put it in my pockets until I get home or to my car, but I find the sound and feel of loose change rattling around quite jarring.
Therefore, despite the fact this is most definitely not SF Approved™, I am one of those infuriating people that carries coins in his wallet.
Without wishing to brag, I just cashed in my piggy bank (I put my change in it whenever I get home), and it was just under $1200. Far superior alternative to carrying it around in your wallet...post #9798 of 679461/30/12 at 4:38pmpost #9799 of 679461/30/12 at 4:44pmpost #9800 of 679461/30/12 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Selvaggio
They came with the shirts - can't remember which brand. I still have a little case of collar stays I bought in Gowings in a mix of short and long sizes. I miss that store. Not always the best quality, but you could get just about any item of menswear there.
As well as ... Taylors shaving cream...
You may still be able to get theses things if you hunt around, but Gowings had them all in one convenient location.
For Taylors of Old Bond Street try here - http://www.mensbiz.com.au/
Always quick and cheap esp if you use the Badger and Brush code for extra 15% off...BB12 / BB2012 or something if memory serves.post #9801 of 679461/30/12 at 5:20pm
What does everyone in Australia think of Andrew McDonalds shoes?
Personally, I love the styles and the quality is second-to-none.
We've (Beggar Man Thief) get a new shipment coming to Melbourne this month which is pretty god-damn exciting!
Best Aussie Shoe Maker?post #9802 of 679461/30/12 at 5:38pmpost #9803 of 679461/30/12 at 5:41pmpost #9804 of 679461/30/12 at 6:01pmpost #9805 of 679461/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
They look horrendous.post #9806 of 679461/30/12 at 6:20pmpost #9807 of 679461/30/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
I have a tin where I put $2 coins in and when they get to $50 I cash them and hide them from wife and son. Other shrapnel goes into bucket in the kitchen.post #9808 of 679461/30/12 at 6:30pmQuote:
Not a fan, sorry. Might be one of the best in Australia, but im the best golfer at my work and I hit off 18. Know what'm sayin?post #9809 of 679461/30/12 at 6:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by quar
They look horrendous.Quote:
Agreed they are pretty awful especially for the almost $1000 a pair price tag. Zonca you probably wont get much love for those here but from what I hear Andrew McDonald is pretty top notch skills wise, I just think his designs are too fashiony for the construction and quality. If your going to make throw away designs, the construction is lost on the fashiony hipster types that will buy it. They don't give a shit and most don't even now what hand/goodyear welting etc is.
And without piling on too much, those Yuketon cordo mocs on your blog had me gasping at $999! That is a hell of a lot of money, even for horween cordovan and they personally seem an odd contrast, almost a traditional leather sole on the bottom with a moccasin top, very strange to the eye. You can't tell me that the cordo accounts for a doubling of the price on there normal upper end prices? (though even $500 for mocs is pretty ridiculous). Understand you are probably passing on the wholesale prices with a set margin but still.post #9810 of 679461/30/12 at 6:38pmQuote:
Absolutely hideous. If you were under the impression that they might appeal to the audience on here, you clearly haven't done your homework.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 24 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › SPERRY Original Two-Eye Cyclone Boat Shoe 1 minute ago
- › PARKA LONDON Coated Fishtail Parka with removable liner - Sage Small 2 minutes ago
- › Shoes Carmina Albaladejo tan penny Loafers 80191. Size 9 UK NEWS 2 minutes ago
- › Belstaff Jacket Streetmaster black color, size L (50) 3 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent for J.Crew Black Captoe Oxfords Sz 8.5/10.5 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Begg & Co Navy and White Scarf and Cappelli burnt orange... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...