or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 613

post #9181 of 52383
Quick question bought a bottle of Hendricks Gin, as previously acknowledged by fxh its purely for medicinal purposes, last night and had with cucumber got me thinking anyone try it apple cucumbers?
post #9182 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Quick question bought a bottle of Hendricks Gin, as previously acknowledged by fxh its purely for medicinal purposes, last night and had with cucumber got me thinking anyone try it apple cucumbers?

Seems like you're still drunk.
post #9183 of 52383

Hey everyone,

I live in Adelaide but my sister is moving to Melbourne next year which should mean plenty of visits if all goes to plan. Can you recommend any shops- I am mainly looking for a nice pair of black formal shoes that I can buy now have for the rest of my uni degree and wear for work with a suit after uni. I realise that the internet is going to have the greatest variety but I am a bit weary of sizing, and I like to be able to look and feel clothes before I buy them.

Thanks

 

post #9184 of 52383
Not sure if this has been posted before but this is an interesting, positive (sort of) piece on Fletcher Jones:

http://www.smh.com.au/executive-style/style/irrelevant-fashion-undoes-fletcher-jones-but-famed-brand-could-live-on-20111213-1os5w.html
post #9185 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Quick question bought a bottle of Hendricks Gin, as previously acknowledged by fxh its purely for medicinal purposes, last night and had with cucumber got me thinking anyone try it apple cucumbers?

I don't know if I'd want to use apple cucumber, but have you tried it with cracked pepper on top? Also, what kind of tonic are you using? I bought some Fever Tree and Q-Tonic after seeing it in a bottleshop but I honestly don't think it's worth the exorbitant price difference compared to Schweppes. It wasn't bad though, I preferred the Q-Tonic out of the three.
post #9186 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Not sure if this has been posted before but this is an interesting, positive (sort of) piece on Fletcher Jones:
http://www.smh.com.au/executive-style/style/irrelevant-fashion-undoes-fletcher-jones-but-famed-brand-could-live-on-20111213-1os5w.html

Was half way into my facepalm motion when I got to the last paragraph. Facepalm aborted.
post #9187 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Seems like you're still drunk.

Sorry not a one pot screamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

I don't know if I'd want to use apple cucumber, but have you tried it with cracked pepper on top? Also, what kind of tonic are you using? I bought some Fever Tree and Q-Tonic after seeing it in a bottleshop but I honestly don't think it's worth the exorbitant price difference compared to Schweppes. It wasn't bad though, I preferred the Q-Tonic out of the three.

Black pepper? Interesting suggestion, a friend of mine in his youth was vodka fiend and he used to get bottle and infuse black pepper, basil, chillies and lemongrass into the vodka not all at once thank god.
post #9188 of 52383

Hi,

 

I'm new to these forums and Im so glad I found it. Been looking for something like this for ages.

 

In saying that, Australia is horrible in style sense generally IMO. Thank goodness we have online shopping. 

post #9189 of 52383

Gents,

 

I've stuffed up.

 

Last week, I advised that I had received my new Herring Raleigh's, but I didn't love them, as the last was too short for my taste.

 

I considered sending them back, but I baulked at the $70 price tag for sending them with Australia Post, and so I decided to keep them.

 

Bad idea.

 

I've worn them twice, and I've decided that they really are too small in the toe-box, despite being UK7F, the same as my Church Enmores, which fit perfectly.

 

I paid $320 landed, they're yours for $195 (+ postage, if required). That's a $125 mistake  40% discount.

 

Box, bags, trees, polish (ever so lightly used).

 

Worn just twice. Like new.

 

Bargain.

 

PM me if interested.

 

Cheers,

 

Eightace.

 

post #9190 of 52383

^^^ Beautiful shoes. Good luck with selling them!

post #9191 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

I had a few little teaser photos (not high res unfortunately) come in from Italy last night. This ones a navy grenadine base with cream stripe, 3.25 inches wide. I'll be doing an exclusive discount for the aussie members when I get all of my stock in a few weeks time on the classifieds.
263
467

Gentlemen what follows is an unabashed plug

Last night I met up with Jason for a drink and chat with the view to have a look at his wares and purchased the above tie, very Canberra APS ideal for my line of work, and it looks great in a classical sartorial manner.

Having got it home later that evening I can attest it is exceptionally well made of quality fabric, had a look at the others he has previewed on the site and highly recommend them. The purple silk dot in particular is a standout and will be joining my wardrobe in January.

The wife who joined us at the end to hurry me on the way to dinner was impressed with them as well, mind you she doesn't understand my tie fetish but remarked 'that is a very nice tie'

All i can say is that Henry Carter will be a very welcome addition to the sartorial wasteland that is Canberra.
post #9192 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Gentlemen what follows is an unabashed plug
Last night I met up with Jason for a drink and chat with the view to have a look at his wares and purchased the above tie, very Canberra APS ideal for my line of work, and it looks great in a classical sartorial manner.
Having got it home later that evening I can attest it is exceptionally well made of quality fabric, had a look at the others he has previewed on the site and highly recommend them. The purple silk dot in particular is a standout and will be joining my wardrobe in January.
The wife who joined us at the end to hurry me on the way to dinner was impressed with them as well, mind you she doesn't understand my tie fetish but remarked 'that is a very nice tie'
All i can say is that Henry Carter will be a very welcome addition to the sartorial wasteland that is Canberra.

NICE!

I'm going to be visiting Canberra often next year, so am looking forward to meeting some of the Canberra SFers smile.gif
post #9193 of 52383
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

NICE!
I'm going to be visiting Canberra often next year, so am looking forward to meeting some of the Canberra SFers smile.gif

Thanks again guys, we were just talking last night about organising a Canberra SF get together so maybe we could tie in with one of your visits Brownman.

Managed to get a few more photo's post ride this morning, 1 you have already seen but the brown w/flowers is a standout also I think, it's my personal favourie so far.

263

From L to R:
Burgundy w/ cream circles in classic construction - $79.95
Brown w/ orange and lt blue flowers in 7 fold - $99.95
Purple w/ fleck in classic construction - $79.95

More pics/info in the part 3 of the sale thread in my signature.
post #9194 of 52383
I love that brown one - I've got a thing for brown ties (and brown suits for that matter)
post #9195 of 52383
Why is it that everything on B&S seems so small? I am big, but not gargantuan. Are all SFers (or at least SF sellers) so diminutive? C'mon guys, how about flogging some 62 suits and jackets? Some 18 shirts? Some 44-46 pants?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members