Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 4520post #67786 of 679461/29/16 at 11:02pmpost #67787 of 679461/29/16 at 11:04pmQuote:
Indeed I am! Black captoe Gucci's I picked up in Florence a while ago - SF endorsed 60% of the time, 100% of the time.
I'm after a champagne/ creamish coloured tie with minimal to no texture and I'm not having too much luck. I've checked Vanda, KW, HC, Sam Hober, The Hanger Project. Is there anywhere else I could look in Sydney or online?post #67788 of 679461/29/16 at 11:25pmpost #67789 of 679461/30/16 at 4:01ampost #67790 of 679461/30/16 at 5:42ampost #67791 of 679461/30/16 at 5:13pmpost #67792 of 679461/31/16 at 12:06ampost #67793 of 679461/31/16 at 12:35ampost #67794 of 679461/31/16 at 4:49amQuote:
post #67795 of 679461/31/16 at 8:14pmI'm doing a list of things you wear over 30:
- Flip the collar /lapel up.
- Lay jacket down on sold ironing table face down.
- Lightly spray jacket with water.
- Heat up iron. Steam will be handy. .
- Get Ironing Cloth, old clean white cotton T shirt material or shirt material .
- Dampen cloth substantially.
- Lay cloth on top of jacket - underside of lapel - which is now collar /lapels flipped up / or flat.
- Use iron to press lapel down flat - just around top button if it rolls to 3 press around there and a bit above toward collar. Ditto if rolls to 2 or 2/3.
- Press lapel roll flat - ie back against the roll.
- DO NOT iron like a shirt with pressure back and forth or you can stretch and/or shrink wool shape. And put your jacket out of shape.
- Essentially you are pressing the crease out of the lapel.
- Pressing down hard not ironing back and forth.
- On flipping the collar back down normally it should roll to the desired position with a nice natural roll.
- Have to watch the news
- No sneakers
- No fashion watches, dive watches or NATO straps
- No piercings or tattoos
- No bracelets
- No brightly coloured / novelty socks
Anything I missed?post #67796 of 679461/31/16 at 8:21pmQuote:
There are a lot of people out there who totally ignore this list!
However, if you're going to be a grumpy old man (also known as @fxh), you could probably add jeans to the list, too.post #67797 of 679461/31/16 at 8:26pmpost #67798 of 679461/31/16 at 9:00pmpost #67799 of 679461/31/16 at 9:04pmpost #67800 of 679461/31/16 at 10:32pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Etro Milano Suit, size 54R 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 16 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway