Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 4484post #67246 of 679461/7/16 at 4:50ampost #67247 of 679461/7/16 at 12:42pmpost #67248 of 679461/7/16 at 2:49pmQuote:
Haha funny thing, my company dont want us wearing our jackets... changes thing a bit. Want to be presentable without baggy sleeves.post #67249 of 679461/7/16 at 4:15pm
Double Monk prices are pretty high to be honest, think it was $750-$800 for C&J Hallams compared to the $600 Herringbone has had them at for ages, which was high in comparison to overseas in itself. Part of this would be the bloody dollar. Still it's great finally having somewhere in Sydney, the largest city in Australia, to actually be able to look at good shoes.
Also,post #67250 of 679461/7/16 at 4:20pmpost #67251 of 679461/7/16 at 7:48pmpost #67252 of 679461/7/16 at 8:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by ABC1604
Well when shirts become outerwear - as they have for many - then its different in a lot of aspects from the "rules" of tailored menswear.
Do they actually have guidelines which say No Jackets?
What is their rationale?
I'm curious.post #67253 of 679461/7/16 at 8:39pmQuote:
I've heard this about a few workplaces (in addition to Apple and to architecture firms, where the "no jacket" rule goes without saying!).
The rationale generally seems to be that jackets are too formal and "stuffy" and that clients might feel intimidated or overly-restrained if the person facing them is wearing a jacket.post #67254 of 679461/7/16 at 9:25pmpost #67255 of 679461/7/16 at 11:15pmI think there are two pairs of CJ lowndes left in my size from the herringbone sale.
Thoughts on black vs espresso suede?
I really wanted dark brown as i have about 4 pairs of black loake/allen edmond bal/blu for work and no brown shoes.
Casually i wear indy boots or sneakers with jeans/chinos and not so sure on brown suede.
Should i buy another pair of (very nice) black shoes or should i pick up a couple of pairs of brown meermins instead?post #67256 of 679461/7/16 at 11:39pmYeah the herringbone on Bourke street still had a couple of pairs left in larger sizes.
Was tempted to get the black captoes but already have a nice pair, need black punched captoe for next pair.
The brown does look quite good though.post #67257 of 679461/7/16 at 11:44pmQuote:
Yeah I thought it might change the "rules" so what are they now then?
Not strictly a rule that says no jackets but it is preferred we dont wear it as a way to promote a less formal culture within the workplace and to seem less intimidating and more approachable when clients are present.post #67258 of 679461/8/16 at 12:11ampost #67259 of 679461/8/16 at 12:52ampost #67260 of 679461/8/16 at 1:48am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...