Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4471  

post #67051 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post

$150 I believe.

Santa left me:

1 x panta tie
2 x Hober ties
3 x Luxire shirts

Thanks for the info, with the exchange rate now, may be the go rather than luxire.

Great gifts btw, you did well
post #67052 of 67946
Yes luxire no longer really makes sense price wise

which is better out of Oscar hunt and suit supply?
I guess you can get each shirt after the first tweaked so it sort of becomes semi-bespoke?
Or are neither of them sophisticated enough to truly tweak the patterns (just measurements)?
post #67053 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Olli when are you going to OH? I'm booked for 11 January to get a fitting and order a Sports Coat have decided a Gun Club fabric in brown. Will suit both work and casual wear.

Haven't booked or anything yet I'm still deciding. Sports jacket sounds good - what sort of fabric?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Why not kazuna, did you go off him?

I've only got a pair of shoes from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Yes luxire no longer really makes sense price wise

which is better out of Oscar hunt and suit supply?
I guess you can get each shirt after the first tweaked so it sort of becomes semi-bespoke?
Or are neither of them sophisticated enough to truly tweak the patterns (just measurements)?

They're M2M. Please don't go there.
post #67054 of 67946

The above shirt options are quite close in price to Charles Nakhle. The attraction to Luxire for me is the quality of the make and their flexibility not so much the price as they are in line with Nakhle for similar quality fabrics.

post #67055 of 67946
Ti will work. Lovely metal for watch cases BTW.
post #67056 of 67946

I can vouch for Kazuna - good selection of fabrics, collars, cuffs, and he's now recently added shirring to the line if that floats your boat. I otherwise get my MTM shirts from Bijan on O'Connell St.

post #67057 of 67946
It must be at least a year since I bought a watch, and I was bored, so when temptation got emailed today, I bit.

post #67058 of 67946
I hate sales. I just bought another jacket.
post #67059 of 67946
being on here makes you buy once cry once. so I haven't bought anything from the current sales 😁 (yet). I did check into a couple of MJ Bales, Herringbone and RL and nothing caught my eye.
post #67060 of 67946
Same not much there. only thing I've looked twice at was the MJ Bale double breasted suit. Shame SS cut their range back this season.
post #67061 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post
 

I can vouch for Kazuna - good selection of fabrics, collars, cuffs, and he's now recently added shirring to the line if that floats your boat. I otherwise get my MTM shirts from Bijan on O'Connell St.

I've got three shirts from Kazuna.

 

I'm looking forward to getting my fourth.

post #67062 of 67946
I will be going to Bali and Java in January and was wondering what type of shoes I should bring? Planning to do some hiking and I will expect lots of rain and humidity. So I don't think big heavy boots would be ideal as it would be a bitch to carry and if they get wet, take a while to dry. So I was after some shoes recommendation e.g. decent beaters? I am travelling light (no checked in baggage) so I would like something lightweight and comfortable.
post #67063 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Haven't booked or anything yet I'm still deciding. Sports jacket sounds good - what sort of fabric?

Aside from the patten I will have to wait and see what they have in their books. Will be a winter weight. Canberra unlike Sydney still has winters.
post #67064 of 67946
Saw a suit on sale at MJ Bale today
Supposedly from their top range ($1300 retail) reduced to $600

Worth it?

It's a reasonably nice navy and fits pretty well in my uninformed opinion

The salesman wanted to take in the jacket at the waist for $90 and the pants for $40, but otherwise it fit well
So it really ends up being a $730 suit
post #67065 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Saw a suit on sale at MJ Bale today
Supposedly from their top range ($1300 retail) reduced to $600

Worth it?

It's a reasonably nice navy and fits pretty well in my uninformed opinion

The salesman wanted to take in the jacket at the waist for $90 and the pants for $40, but otherwise it fit well
So it really ends up being a $730 suit

 

That seems overly expensive for tailoring. I think I paid $40 for a similar set of alterations about two months ago.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members