Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 4470post #67036 of 6794612/24/15 at 11:48ampost #67037 of 6794612/24/15 at 1:26pmHo Ho Ho Merriment Good Wine Fine Spirits and Cheer to all.
Have a great day and sartorial blessings upon all Oz SF members.
And now to cook for as John Wayne said "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 12/24/15 at 1:39pmpost #67038 of 6794612/24/15 at 2:31pmQuote:
JM is on the money. the psychologists might've been thinking about tear drop pattern and not paisleypost #67039 of 6794612/25/15 at 2:45pmpost #67040 of 6794612/25/15 at 3:37pmSo who scored what in Sartorial terms? Any Dad's score socks? Think its the first time in years my son hasnt bought me any. Mrs GF was very generous a chose some nice items off my wish list.
Olli when are you going to OH? I'm booked for 11 January to get a fitting and order a Sports Coat have decided a Gun Club fabric in brown. Will suit both work and casual wear.
As I write there is one hell of a strom over head, great for the garden not so great for this afternoons BBQ,post #67041 of 6794612/25/15 at 4:03pmpost #67042 of 6794612/25/15 at 4:56pmpost #67043 of 6794612/25/15 at 6:11pmQuote:
I don't, but I have some friends who do.
It depends upon style and size.
If you don't mind a larger watch and if you're happy with a sports watch, rather than a dress watch, then the Tudor Pelagos is a great option:
Omega also make a Seamaster "Planet Ocean" diving watch in titanium, but it's about twice the price of the Tudor:
Looking at less expensive watches, Citizen (owned by Seiko) also make a few titanium watches:
They also look sporty, although this particular model is more of a classical, dress watch:
By the way, at the risk of doubting you, are you sure that you're allergic to *all* stainless steel, or just to the lower quality stuff?
I'm reminded of a friend of mine who had a cheap diving-style watch by Lorus or something like that (cheap Japanese-owned brand) back when we were at university and he got a bad rash on his wrist. When he looked at the back of the watch, part of the case-back and even part of the side of the watch case had been corroded - partially corroded away - by his sweat and he ended up with a really nasty rash on his wrist that took a couple of weeks to heal.
When he got a watch made from a better grade of stainless steel, he didn't have a rash and he didn't have any corrosion problems.post #67044 of 6794612/25/15 at 7:31pm
There is no such thing as an allergy to metal. If you get a rash from a metal watch bracelet, it's contact dermatitis, which is a local irritant reaction to chemicals rather than being an immune-mediated inflammatory response.
High-quality stainless steel is biologically non-irritant - and hence used to make surgical instruments - so your problem is most likely due to a chemical reaction between your sweat and some leaching-out constituent of a low-grade metal alloy.post #67045 of 6794612/25/15 at 8:30pmpost #67046 of 6794612/25/15 at 8:49pmpost #67047 of 6794612/25/15 at 9:07pmpost #67048 of 6794612/25/15 at 9:24pmpost #67049 of 6794612/25/15 at 9:26pmpost #67050 of 6794612/25/15 at 10:01pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ray-Ban Polarized Aviator Sunglasses $200 Retail 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...