or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4469  

post #67021 of 67946
Heads up for jet setting Australian igents. I hit up carmina Singapore and edetal - both quite inflated from online prices; but perhaps useful for confirming fit.

Managed to convince the now-Mrs. to look at carmina rather than same priced pleather glued sole constructions. Not sure if this is a good thing for my wallet, but at least she'll have cred on any #menswear tumblr posts ...
post #67022 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Nuffink wrong with Romania, dudes et dudettes.

One of the world's best plastic surgeons is a Romanian guy. I spent a week in Bacau with him at his clinic. Learnt a lot.

They make fantastic violins and celli at extremely competitive prices.

Some of the women are incredibly hot.

On the whole: a cultured, educated nation rendered lean and hungry by decades of despotic Communist misrule; primed and ready for rapid growth. I would happily invest there. (I wouldn't actually live there. It's way too cold.)

I concur there are a number of excellent doctors in Romania at the top of their fields.

However the country of Romania is generally a shithole and the people generally miserable and cowardly and corrupt much like their erstwhile ruler

Are you a plastic surgeon coxsackie? I always felt if I was a plastic surgeon I'd head to Japan or South Korea to learn: they do amazing work there
post #67023 of 67946

Hey all,

 

Has anyone had any experience with Godwin Charli, specifically their trench coats?

http://godwincharli.com/collections/mens-coats

 

The fit on their suits and sports coats don't leave me with great faith, but their trenches are made of gabardine cotton which got me interested.

 

Thanks for your help.

post #67024 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Heads up for jet setting Australian igents. I hit up carmina Singapore and edetal - both quite inflated from online prices; but perhaps useful for confirming fit.

Managed to convince the now-Mrs. to look at carmina rather than same priced pleather glued sole constructions. Not sure if this is a good thing for my wallet, but at least she'll have cred on any #menswear tumblr posts ...

 

The prices at the Carmina store in Singapore are fucking ridiculous.

post #67025 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

I am still waiting for a pair of Vass I bought in the US on the 8th Dec and with the stupid Pitney Bowes shipping/eBay Tracked ripoff the parcel spent 6 days moving back and forward all over the USA and now has arrived Down Under on the 17th and still not shown up. I am leaving work on 23 so this will be interesting. Plus about 30% more for shippingthan first class international that you used to pay in the USA. evilBay.

They finally arrived on the 22 December after arriving in Sydney on the 17th December. To think I paid USD46 for the privilege of this eBay enforced shipping. And then the seller forgot to put the shoetrees in the parcel!
post #67026 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Managed to convince the now-Mrs.

Congrats mate.
post #67027 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

The prices at the Carmina store in Singapore are fucking ridiculous.

+ 1 at Paris and Madrid. Parisian lads were friendly and helpful, Madrid store were wankers, rude and unhelpful.

Finbury in Paris were cheap, maybe Meermin quality.
post #67028 of 67946
Wow was just listening to a BBC program that claimed the Paisley patten has strong connections with virility as the patten according to psychologists mimics sperm and is the same shape. Paisley is a way of saying i'm all man.

The opinion comes from The Tie: Trends and Traditions by Sarah Gibbings
post #67029 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

+ 1 at Paris and Madrid. Parisian lads were friendly and helpful, Madrid store were wankers, rude and unhelpful.

Finbury in Paris were cheap, maybe Meermin quality.

DB you still looking for a Filson bag http://www.endclothing.com/us/brands/filson/filson-tin-cloth-medium-duffle-bag-70015-bl.html
post #67030 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 

 

The prices at the Carmina store in Singapore are fucking ridiculous.

Like @Foxhound's lifestyle? 

post #67031 of 67946
doing a short trip in Melbourne over the next few days. any good recommendations re restaurants (and cafes) that won't require/won't need a week advance booking? TIA
post #67032 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


Congrats mate.

 

Thanks mate; appreciate it!

 

 

On the menswear front - everything is PJ's except the bowtie - which is Vanda. Shoes are black wholecuts from Carmina and braces are Albert Thurston. 

post #67033 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Wow was just listening to a BBC program that claimed the Paisley patten has strong connections with virility as the patten according to psychologists mimics sperm and is the same shape. Paisley is a way of saying i'm all man.

The opinion comes from The Tie: Trends and Traditions by Sarah Gibbings

 

It might be a way of declaring your virility, but the pattern itself is about 500 years old and originated in Persia, as a stylised representation of vegetation. Therefore, I don't think that there's any deliberate mimicry of sperm happening there. 

post #67034 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

500 years old and originated in Persia, as a stylised representation of vegetation.

I dunno, the evidence of sperm based design now seems overwhelming.

 

  • Sperm pre-dates 500 years ago...coincidence?
  • if you designed something inspired by jizz, when asked about it publicly, wouldn't you lie and pick an unsuspecting item like 'vegetables'
  • Lets assume we buy into the vegetable angle, doesn't mean subconsciously they weren't motivated by sperm, only psychologists could possibly give us this insight into their sperm dilated motivations..

 

It's all coming into focus now, like some bizarre magic eye picture where the answer is clear...we should never look at paisley ties the same again.

post #67035 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

It's all coming into focus now, like some bizarre magic eye picture where the answer is clear...we should never look at paisley ties the same again.
Or Prince of Paisley...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members