Now I'm thirsty for some fruit juice, and we do not keep such stuff in the house.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 4465post #66961 of 6794612/18/15 at 2:40pmpost #66962 of 6794612/18/15 at 2:59pm
Now that's Double Monk's opened up here in Sydney I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a write-up I did of them whilst on break in Melbourne.
Now I won't have to fly down south anymore to convince them to take my money.post #66963 of 6794612/18/15 at 4:08pmpost #66964 of 6794612/18/15 at 8:20pmAnyone able to recommend a good Pomade have JS Sloane but not thrilled with the results. Basically doing a short back and sides comb over and don't want to look like a Wehrmacht Hauptmann. Did use Uppercut Featherweight but not overly impressed, actually my son appropriated it and only got to use it twice.
Would prefer to source it locally.post #66965 of 6794612/19/15 at 1:46amHere's one to get people going. Was in chatting about carmina with the guys in double monk the other day. Apparently they're dropping them as there isn't as much demand for them and the quality of C&J is much better which is at the same price point.post #66966 of 6794612/19/15 at 1:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
Anyone able to recommend a good Pomade have JS Sloane but not thrilled with the results. Basically doing a short back and sides comb over and don't want to look like a Wehrmacht Hauptmann. Did use Uppercut Featherweight but not overly impressed, actually my son appropriated it and only got to use it twice.
Would prefer to source it locally.
Try American crew pomade, no where near the hold of traditional greasy pomades abd sinoly washes straight out which is nice.post #66967 of 6794612/19/15 at 2:29ampost #66968 of 6794612/19/15 at 5:03ampost #66969 of 6794612/19/15 at 2:13pmpost #66970 of 6794612/19/15 at 7:10pm
Australia Post doing what it does best.
Note that the shipment originated in Queensland, and was originally sent to my nominated address in Melbourne. However, it arrived three days too late, so on Monday 7th, I requested a redirection to a Post Office agency near where I work in Sydney.
That's where the real fun starts - since that request was lodged, it's been up to Sydney and back, twice. As of today, it's back in NSW for the third time - but goodness knows whether they will actually forward it to my nominated PO, or send it back to Victoria again. I suspect the latter.post #66971 of 6794612/19/15 at 9:46pmpost #66972 of 6794612/20/15 at 4:28ampost #66973 of 6794612/20/15 at 4:44amQuote:
Agreed. I had a look in MJ Bale the other day for the first time in months and had difficulty finding anything that fit. The shop assistant - who was pretty damned skinny - said that even he can't fit into quite a few of their suits, which seems ridiculous.
Perhaps, if they made suits that actually fit a majority of people, they wouldn't need to putt a lot of their stuff on deep discount *before* Christmas. They've had 50% off a lot of stock for weeks now - if much of their stuff is half-price well before Christmas, what they heck are they going to do for the Boxing Day/New Year's sale??post #66974 of 6794612/20/15 at 9:17ampost #66975 of 6794612/20/15 at 2:25pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway