or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4450  

post #66736 of 67946

I hate people who bring drama to this thread

post #66737 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

I hate people who bring drama to this thread
Don't make me dig out your file.

;-)
post #66738 of 67946

Well, I say old chaps, that was lots of fun.

 

Pete, you could try Voi. I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, but they do have a lot of good overcoats there.

 

Tomorrow I pick up my new Brunello Cucinelli suit from Fridon. V. excited.

post #66739 of 67946

Oh yeah, Canali closing sale on now at the Macquarie Street boutique. 30-50% off. Some of the jackets are nice, and with the discount, not beyond the bounds of reason.

post #66740 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Well, I say old chaps, that was lots of fun.

Pete, you could try Voi. I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, but they do have a lot of good overcoats there.

Tomorrow I pick up my new Brunello Cucinelli suit from Fridon. V. excited.

Thanks Cox, just did Voi last week. Niente re full length coats. Running out of time to make one, need it for an unexpected funeral procession in weather expected to be windy, icy and snowy in the middle of god forsaken nowhere.

Anyway, knowing your predilections, looking forward to pics of the Cucinelli. Wish I could afford THEIR longcoats, hehe....
post #66741 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post


Anyway, knowing your predilections, looking forward to pics

 

Darling, please. We were supposed to be keeping it a secret.

post #66742 of 67946
Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif
post #66743 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Speaking of ties, these are my go to:


What are some other mega boring numbers I could rotate in there? I have a red but it's a little loud.

Yeah, a burgundy grenadine or a neat pattern. Some won't look purple.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbonePete View Post
 

Gents

Need a pair of cheap boat-shoes to wear, you guessed it - with no socks. Out after school to Milo cricket, on the deck, down to the beach.

Will take some abuse.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

No large amounts of money need change hands. Where in a suburban shopping mall, or in the CBD can I pick up a pair.

 

Blue (or brown) uppers, white/brown slim sole in the Topsider moccasin style with laces. (Not with chunky soles, as in the Timberlands you see people walking around in).

 

I don't care if they are from Target and cost 20 dollars. Infact, I could buy 2 pairs.

I see that Kmart have a West  Coast pair for $60 which I think is a bit suspect. There is another pair but the styling is a bit pretentious.

 

I see I could get a pair of Lee Coopers from SportDirect for $18 plus shipping.

 

Suggestions?

 

 

Mate, are you intending on keeping the boat shoes after the abuse? Or just a f*ck and chuck pair?

 

I ask because a pair of Sperry's will live up to that abuse, at least 5 times over, or that many years. I say this from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend them otherwise. 5 x Target pairs = (approx) 1 x Sperry pair. 

 

Entirely your call, really.

 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

So do you want my old overcoat or not?

Sigh...let me try this again...

Mate, I need an overcoat, not a sports jacket.

Is that better?

 

It probably is just me, but this entire exchange between you two gentlemen was not exactly comic relief. It was just awkward / uncomfortable.. because it was rude. 

 

I have a simple request: the next time a similar exchange happens, hopefully it is funnier, or nicer - whichever comes more naturally.

post #66744 of 67946
Noted nabil - I just thought we were overdue for a blowup but I'll try to be funnier next time.
post #66745 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 

It probably is just me, but this entire exchange between you two gentlemen was not exactly comic relief. It was just awkward / uncomfortable.. because it was rude. 

 

I have a simple request: the next time a similar exchange happens, hopefully it is funnier, or nicer - whichever comes more naturally.

 

I was just looking for an overcoat, in a matter of some urgency and sombriety, but thanks for the comment anyway. The reality is that some people are simply not as funny as they think they are, and that includes me.

post #66746 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

I ask because a pair of Sperry's will live up to that abuse, at least 5 times over, or that many years. I say this from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend them otherwise. 5 x Target pairs = (approx) 1 x Sperry pair. 

Seconded.
post #66747 of 67946
Pete - some of your retorts to others making comment on your desperate search for an overcoat with a $2k budget were pretty rude mate. I had a pretty subtle dig at your expense and I think you took it the wrong way - or maybe I did - and it escalated from there. No hard feelings.

I blame the $4 Aldi wine fxh keeps pushing onto me. Up until recently I had been in a perpetual good mood with my Greek wine of choice - Domestos.
post #66748 of 67946

In other news, PSA: MJ Bale appears to be having their warehouse sale again, starting 3pm today. Goes on till Sunday.

 

Paramount House, Surry Hills.

post #66749 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Pete - some of your retorts to others making comment on your desperate search for an overcoat with a $2k budget were pretty rude mate. I had a pretty subtle dig at your expense and I think you took it the wrong way - or maybe I did - and it escalated from there. No hard feelings.

I blame the $4 Aldi wine fxh keeps pushing onto me. Up until recently I had been in a perpetual good mood with my Greek wine of choice - Domestos.

 

Probably true, that is why I tried a tongue in cheek reply the second time round. No hard feelings.

 

But to be honest, I am rather cheesed off by fxh for good reason. I ignored the first jibe (go have a look back), but I could not resist a swipe at the second (I am in shock and bereavement after all). The tall poppy syndrome is well and alive here. A $2k range stipulation widens my field of alternatives/suggestions when time is of urgency. Mate, if someone hands me a Cucinelli for $200, I won't even blink for a second. And yet, it is obvious that this field of inquiry generates the most irrationale of all responses, envy, the consequence postings (save for a few kind souls here) were neither funny nor useful.


Edited by Petepan - 12/7/15 at 6:29pm
post #66750 of 67946
Pete - If your price range is $2000 your local Henry Bucks is probably a good bet. Think they have some Eidos stuff which is fantastic - though probably not full length.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members