or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4439  

post #66571 of 67946

Guys, does anyone have a hot tip for linen/linen blend trousers under $150 that will suit the larger-thighed among us?

post #66572 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
 

Guys, does anyone have a hot tip for linen/linen blend trousers under $150 that will suit the larger-thighed among us?

Luxire.

post #66573 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbonePete View Post

Settle an argument for me.
When should a Christmas tree go up? Or even when does yours go up?

Traditionally ours went up Christmas night for the 12 days but my kids are badgering me to put one up now and I see its increasingly common to see Advent as the time to start...

Is yours up?

Tradition dictates that the tree goes up 12 days before Xmas then comes down on the 6 Jan. Symbolically this carries the good will and spirit of Xmas into the new year.
post #66574 of 67946
Christmas tree goes up when my Diwali tree comes down.
post #66575 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbonePete View Post

Settle an argument for me.
When should a Christmas tree go up? Or even when does yours go up?

Traditionally ours went up Christmas night for the 12 days but my kids are badgering me to put one up now and I see its increasingly common to see Advent as the time to start...

Is yours up?

Mine's been up since Christmas 1989.
post #66576 of 67946

Spamming my own forum for a good cause: Charity auction for a La Portegna bag and wallet.  Go get it: http://www.styleforum.net/t/512486/styleforum-gives-2015-our-annual-holiday-charity-auctions-for-the-ronald-mcdonald-house/50_50#post_8209361

post #66577 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

This is more confusing than watching Inception and momento for the first time?????

Fellas chasing an olive green linen shirt this summer any recommendations?

 

Onia makes a good one. https://huckberry.com/store/onia/category/p/23406-abe-slim-linen-shirt

 

They're available locally in Sydney at Footage, too.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899 View Post
 

For a plain white, french front shirt with no pocket, would you get a semi cutaway, full cutaway or the 'curved' cutaway popular these days? It is likely I'll be wearing it with no tie most of the time.

 

Semi cutaway if it's worn without a tie most often.

 

I'm staying away from full cutaways because it just doesn't go well with my slightly rounder face.

 

Actually, just semi-cutaway even when worn with a tie.

post #66578 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Mine's been up since Christmas 1989.

You dont happen to run an Indian restaurant on Glebe pt Rd do you?
post #66579 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Onia makes a good one. https://huckberry.com/store/onia/category/p/23406-abe-slim-linen-shirt

They're available locally in Sydney at Footage, too.

That's lovely, been looking for something like that for a while.
post #66580 of 67946
Any one in Canberra used Top Cat dry cleaners in Kingston? Or is it better just to stick with Bell's in Fyshwick?
post #66581 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Any one in Canberra used Top Cat dry cleaners in Kingston? Or is it better just to stick with Bell's in Fyshwick?


A former flame with a very nice wardrobe swore by them. I've used them once or twice and they seem to know what they're talking about. No idea about lapel pressing techniques though. 24 hour collection too if memory serves.

post #66582 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post


A former flame with a very nice wardrobe swore by them. I've used them once or twice and they seem to know what they're talking about. No idea about lapel pressing techniques though. 24 hour collection too if memory serves.

Fyshwick fully understands lapels when I mentioned it, the guy smiled and stated they gently ironed them instead of pressing.
post #66583 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Others may disagree, but I'm not fussed. I mean there's absolutely no way you can hide point collars and they've been worn with suits without fuss for god knows how long. But if you are uncomfortable, then stick with full cutaway or semis with collar length longer than 3" That should be sufficient..

I wear 2.5" semis because that's all TM Lewin does now days and I don't mind and no one around me minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Tradition dictates that the tree goes up 12 days before Xmas then comes down on the 6 Jan. Symbolically this carries the good will and spirit of Xmas into the new year.

12 days of, or before? Isn't 12th night Epithany?
post #66584 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Onia makes a good one. https://huckberry.com/store/onia/category/p/23406-abe-slim-linen-shirt

They're available locally in Sydney at Footage, too.



Thanks NM!
post #66585 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Any one in Canberra used Top Cat dry cleaners in Kingston? Or is it better just to stick with Bell's in Fyshwick?

I have used Top Cat twice now, including for suits and jackets. I asked them to be gentle with both and was pleased with the results.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members