or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4417  

post #66241 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoSprezzalini View Post


At the very least you are a poor capitalist - think of the productivity gains if you're employees were "stimulated" up to their eyeballs after lunch.
post #66242 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpark View Post

Because if you are, you should read this thread for a tutorial on doing a "mirror shine"

http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc

and don't wear brogues, they will just make things difficult.
That's why my brogues are dusty
post #66243 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post


Classic soundtrack, listened to it yesterday... Stand out tracks: lust for life, atomic, born slippy, that lil truck by Jarvis Cocker, nightclubbing, perfect day. What a lineup!
post #66244 of 67946
Henry Carter - thanks. Love this scene.
post #66245 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post
 

 

When I was younger, I would agree with you, Fxh. But time and age has made me realise that decriminalising most, possibly all, drug taking, wouldn't be a good thing.

 

Do you want people coming back from their lunch break high on cocaine?

Do you really think people don't do things because it's illegal? Conversely do you really think people do do things because it's legal? Smoking is legal, do you smoke? Drinking is legal, do you regularly come back to the office pissed? Are your coworkers ok with it because it's legal? Do you never jaywalk because it's illegal?

post #66246 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

Drinking is legal, do you regularly come back to the office pissed?

 

You can go out at lunch, have a beer or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You should try it sometime, you know, be sociable, get some friends.

 

You can't go out at lunch, have a line or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You shouldn't do that to try and prove your point :cool:.

 

EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either! :crazy:

post #66247 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Do you really think people don't do things because it's illegal? Conversely do you really think people do do things because it's legal? Smoking is legal, do you smoke? Drinking is legal, do you regularly come back to the office pissed? Are your coworkers ok with it because it's legal? Do you never jaywalk because it's illegal?

Exactly it's like why do you disagree with Jimmy, is it because it's completely convoluted or just because he peeks into your apartment everynight. Lurking. WAtching. Preying.
post #66248 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post


Exactly it's like why do you disagree with Jimmy.

 

Why do you disagree with me!? Trolls :censored:! This shit is banned for very good reasons :tinfoil:!

 

Last time, I argued for them to not be banned. I got hounded. This time I argue for them to be banned. I get hounded. It's like I am always right, but for the wrong reasons.:uhoh:

post #66249 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

 

EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either! :crazy:

 

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, jaywalking is actually legal (at least in Qld) in certain circumstances.

 

As long as you're 20m away from a set of traffic lights or a pedestrian crossing, then it's fine to cross as long as you're not in imminent danger of being run down.

 

:teach:

post #66250 of 67946

:worship:

post #66251 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either! crazy.gif

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, jaywalking is actually legal (at least in Qld) in certain circumstances.

As long as you're 20m away from a set of traffic lights or a pedestrian crossing, then it's fine to cross as long as you're not in imminent danger of being run down.

teacha.gif

At the risk of sounding even more like a pedant, what you're describing JM is actually the offence of "walk against signal" not "jaywalking", which is an Americanism and not mentioned anywhere in the Australian Road Rules. But as you rightly point out walking across a road 20m away from a pedestrian signal is... well, just walking across the road, and not jaywalking either.

Cheers,
PoP, QC.
post #66252 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post
 

 

You can go out at lunch, have a beer or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You should try it sometime, you know, be sociable, get some friends.

 

You can't go out at lunch, have a line or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You shouldn't do that to try and prove your point :cool:.

 

EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either! :crazy:

I am too high to reply to this shit.

post #66253 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


At the risk of sounding even more like a pedant, what you're describing JM is actually the offence of "walk against signal" not "jaywalking", which is an Americanism and not mentioned anywhere in the Australian Road Rules. But as you rightly point out walking across a road 20m away from a pedestrian signal is... well, just walking across the road, and not jaywalking either.

Cheers,
PoP, QC.

 

 

I bow to the expertise of my learned colleague and respectfully adopt my learned colleague's reasons for decision.

 

I was going to point out that "jaywalking" is an Americanism but I didn't want to appear to be too pedantic!

 

Anyway, if we continue to discuss this any further, I might start to cite the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 (Qld) and I'm sure that no-one wants that to happen.

post #66254 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

At the risk of sounding even more like a pedant, what you're describing JM is actually the offence of "walk against signal" not "jaywalking", which is an Americanism and not mentioned anywhere in the Australian Road Rules. But as you rightly point out walking across a road 20m away from a pedestrian signal is... well, just walking across the road, and not jaywalking either.


Cheers,

PoP, QC.


I bow to the expertise of my learned colleague and respectfully adopt my learned colleague's reasons for decision.

Phew! Because this was going to be my closing argument:

anigif_enhanced-32068-1390980461-13.gif

*Jimmy and others who may be in need of my services, please mention SF to get a 10% discount on my retainer.
post #66255 of 67946
I'm not ashamed to admit I have looked at the regulations in relation into crossing the road in the past.

This was primarily motivated by the fact that I have a problem with authority so wanted to be well briefed if I ever got spoken to by plod.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members